Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Wests Tigers Discussion
Cultured Bogan

Re: Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:17 am

diedpretty wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 9:17 am
Its interesting that they have committed to WSS until the end of 2022 but have only committed to both LO and CSS until the end of 2020. Maybe suss out how things go at WSS over the next 2 years with the possibility of a fulltime move in 2021?
Sounds as though that may be the thought process. I still think it would be good for CSS and LO to host one Sunday afternoon game a year for tradition.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:31 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:17 am
diedpretty wrote:
Its interesting that they have committed to WSS until the end of 2022 but have only committed to both LO and CSS until the end of 2020. Maybe suss out how things go at WSS over the next 2 years with the possibility of a fulltime move in 2021?
Sounds as though that may be the thought process. I still think it would be good for CSS and LO to host one Sunday afternoon game a year for tradition.
Same here. I'd be happy with 1 game each at LO & CSS for heritage round(s) & the rest at WSS - sounds like the atmosphere will be better there than ANZ (no point building it if not).

Also helps that WSS is 10 mins walk down the road!

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:17 am
diedpretty wrote:
Agree with that.
Would probably break down like this
8 games @ WSS
1 game @ both LO & CSS
1 game @ Tamworth
1 game double header (if this continues)
No more plodders!
:sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:35 pm

People keep suggesting one game at LO & Cambo.... I don't think it's exclusively our decision what happens here... They may tell us to shove it if we go to them one year saying we only wanna turn up once a year from hereon in.
I might be wrong

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:45 pm

So happy that we don't have to worry about playing at ANZ Stadium for the next couple years. Looking forward to seeing what a proper modern stadium feels like!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:10 pm

I come from the Balmain side, still a Balmain Football Club member too. My opinion has always been that we need to make Campbelltown home.

Play a trial at Leichhardt, but for once have a home base and a club the booming Campbelltown region can call their own.

I know there are $s at Homebush/Parra but it comes at the expense of a true identity.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:22 pm

I really like this move, I think the stadium will be great. But harder to get to but has the potential to be build crowds moving forward. I’ll be interested to see how many people who refuse to go to ANZ go to WSS

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:22 pm
I really like this move, I think the stadium will be great. But harder to get to but has the potential to be build crowds moving forward. I’ll be interested to see how many people who refuse to go to ANZ go to WSS
That’ll be me and family and mates.
ANZ has just no atmosphere especially for when we verse a club out of town.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:28 pm

WswWt wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm
So are you going to WSS? I think the atmosphere will be much better.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:42 pm

Put me and my old man in going to WSS. Both of us hated going to ANZ and stopped going this season.
No more plodders!
:sign:

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 2:13 pm

As my moniker implies I'm a bit of a dinosaur. When I lived back in Sydney I was always under the impression your club would get a bit of a bonus with home ground rounds by haveing fans go back to the club for a few beers and a feed after the game. With x number of home games now at Parramatta precinct wouldn't we loose out on this? Mind you with us being the wandering minstrels with home grounds and Balmain leagues gone and wests Ashfield away from Campbelltown we have only Wests Campbelltown that this could apply to anyway.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:35 pm
People keep suggesting one game at LO & Cambo.... I don't think it's exclusively our decision what happens here... They may tell us to shove it if we go to them one year saying we only wanna turn up once a year from hereon in.
I might be wrong
Nah you're probably right there Ink. I'd imagine Inner West council would probably tell us to jog on if we only wanted to play one game there, as I remember vaguely our rental arrangements changed.

CSS may still take us on as I am pretty sure we rent the ground still.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:25 pm

WswWt wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm
We dont play out-of-town clubs at ANZ...but yeah, ANZ is pretty dull ...the Dogs game was the pits

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:40 pm

Looks the goods as far as a spectator view goes. Could become our one & only home ground in the near future.

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 5:25 pm

What I think will happen is we will go to WSS for a couple of years and than move back to ANZ Stadium after 2020.

What people seem to forget is ANZ stadium is being revamped (with the largest financial contribution by the state government out of the 3 stadiums) and if my memory serves me right, they will be converting it to a dedicated rectangle stadium with state of the art amenities. When ANZ is finished the seating will be much more vertical than it is currently and will be a large version of WSS with capabilities of adapting the stadium to small, medium and large crowds so the atmosphere is not sterile no matter the size of the crowd.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:02 pm

wmlmaster wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 5:25 pm
What I think will happen is we will go to WSS for a couple of years and than move back to ANZ Stadium after 2020.

What people seem to forget is ANZ stadium is being revamped (with the largest financial contribution by the state government out of the 3 stadiums) and if my memory serves me right, they will be converting it to a dedicated rectangle stadium with state of the art amenities. When ANZ is finished the seating will be much more vertical than it is currently and will be a large version of WSS with capabilities of adapting the stadium to small, medium and large crowds so the atmosphere is not sterile no matter the size of the crowd.
Whichever ground it is I just want it to have a real WestsTigers feel. You want opposition teams and fans being slightly intimated going there.
I merch van out the front isn’t going to cut it.
We need more than that.
Our home should have a winning ratio of at least 60%. To be a successful club we need to make finals regularly .
in Ivan we distrust

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:38 pm

wmlmaster wrote:

They have committed until the end of 2022 at WSS. Maybe they will have 4 at WSS, 4 at ANZ, 1 at LO, 1 at CSS, 1 at Tamworth and just for a change 1 at a mystery ground where fans will have to pre purchase tickets without knowing where the game will be - they will then be bussed or flown to the mystery ground for the game. The upside to this is the opposition fans won't know where the game is at so the only supporters at the ground will be Wests Tigers fans. Might suggest this to Pascoe.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:43 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:38 pm
wmlmaster wrote:

They have committed until the end of 2022 at WSS. Maybe they will have 4 at WSS, 4 at ANZ, 1 at LO, 1 at CSS, 1 at Tamworth and just for a change 1 at a mystery ground where fans will have to pre purchase tickets without knowing where the game will be - they will then be bussed or flown to the mystery ground for the game. The upside to this is the opposition fans won't know where the game is at so the only supporters at the ground will be Wests Tigers fans. Might suggest this to Pascoe.
Million dollar idea.
"Quality Stupidity"