Re: Who needs to stay/come or leave Wests

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:35 am

Packerlino form did have its ups and downs this season

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:41 am

TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:35 am
Packerlino form did have its ups and downs this season
I think packer's up and down form was due to that knee injury. Didn't seem to get over it.
No more plodders!
:sign:

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:58 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:44 am
Here a few of my suggestions-

Stay- Brooks, Esan, Twal, Farah,

Come over- Nathan Cleary

Go- Mahe Fonua, Robbie Rochow, Benji
Yep happy with: Brooks, Masters, Twal, Farah, Liddle, Thompson, Mbye, Garner, Nofoaluma, Mikaele, Smith, Chee-Kam, Matterson

Happy with for now: Matulino, Packer, Eisenhuth, Lawrence, Marshall, Fonua, Gamble, Aloiai, Clark, McIntyre

Needs to go: McQueen, Rochow, Taylor, Reynolds, Godinet

Wants: Cleary, Tevita Pangi Junior, Kikau, Waqa Blake, Patrick Mago
Yep happy with: Brooks, Masters, Twal, Farah, Liddle, Thompson, Mbye, Garner, Nofoaluma, Mikaele, Smith, Chee-Kam, Matterson, Matulino, Packer, Eisenhuth, Lawrence, Marshall, Fonua, Gamble, Aloiai, Clark, McIntyre, Reynolds, Taylor

Needs to go: McQueen, Rochow, Godinet

Wants: Michael "Madge" Maguire, J. Waerea-Hargreaves, Andre Savelio, S. Taukeiaho, D. Tupou, C Rona, B Kelly, H. Hunt, S. Feki, M. Taupau, Tevita Pangi Junior, Kikau, Waqa Blake, Patrick Mago

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:57 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:58 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:49 am
Love these threads....

Forwards: Emre Guler, Kaide Ellis, Jack Hetherington, Jacob Giles.

Backs: Tony Satini, Bronson Xerri, Zac Lomax, Obed Kharwin.

Halves: Dean Matterson

Some good cup depth. Pushing for grade.

Get rid of the usual gronks like McQueen, Gamble. All the idiots that have already been mentioned.

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. Satini
4. Lomax
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Twal
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Taylor

14. Liddle
15. Gulre
16. Garner
17. Hetherington
Turkey is close enough to Lebanon for you is it?
Like the look of the young lad.
Big future.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:38 pm

The only aspect I can give an opinion on is the guys we need to lose - the suggestions of players we need to gain are just "pie in the sky" stuff and have no basis.

IMO we need to lose McQueen, Rochow and Gamble now - I cant see any future in any of these 3 guys. Fonua, Huth and Aloiai need to step up to hold down a regular spot in the 17. Mats and Packer also need to harden up.

Right now I can see 3 spots left in our 30 and I hope we are working hard on 2 quality impact forwards at least, and one outside back with speed and solid defence.

The final piece is Reynolds..... I am not convinced on him at all. I can't see him lasting a full season and even if he did I am not sure he has the skills or quality in his game. At his best he was a never say die, 110% passion player - that was always his strength. I can't see him reaching that level at his age or fitness. When I look at 5/8s going around like Munster, Keary, Widdop, Maloney, Green, Moylan, Walker etc - he's just not in that class. I think he will end up moving on before his contract expires somehow. Perhaps another Benji/Farah story, going back to his old Dogs club to finish off his career.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:43 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:38 pm
The only aspect I can give an opinion on is the guys we need to lose - the suggestions of players we need to gain are just "pie in the sky" stuff and have no basis.

IMO we need to lose McQueen, Rochow and Gamble now - I cant see any future in any of these 3 guys. Fonua, Huth and Aloiai need to step up to hold down a regular spot in the 17. Mats and Packer also need to harden up.

Right now I can see 3 spots left in our 30 and I hope we are working hard on 2 quality impact forwards at least, and one outside back with speed and solid defence.

The final piece is Reynolds..... I am not convinced on him at all. I can't see him lasting a full season and even if he did I am not sure he has the skills or quality in his game. At his best he was a never say die, 110% passion player - that was always his strength. I can't see him reaching that level at his age or fitness. When I look at 5/8s going around like Munster, Keary, Widdop, Maloney, Green, Moylan, Walker etc - he's just not in that class. I think he will end up moving on before his contract expires somehow. Perhaps another Benji/Farah story, going back to his old Dogs club to finish off his career.
Twal is a great talent, and has heaps of potential, as for reynolds, "i will play every game 2019"-Josh Reynolds

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:08 pm

IMO we must release Rochow McQueen and Taylor. We must get some more size and mobility. Matterson is a good start, but this is the area where we fall behind in mid season. Tbh we should throw some money at getting Marty back here.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:29 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:08 pm
IMO we must release Rochow McQueen and Taylor. We must get some more size and mobility. Matterson is a good start, but this is the area where we fall behind in mid season. Tbh we should throw some money at getting Marty back here.
You do realise that Marty is going to sign with the Rorters don't you?

Secondly, I hope that the player you get with more size and mobility to replace Taylor can pull off 40-50+ tackles per game and can slow the play down for as long. If you can I am all for it - but doubt you can find that player.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:45 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:29 pm
maxxy86 wrote:

Secondly, I hope that the player you get with more size and mobility to replace Taylor can pull off 40-50+ tackles per game and can slow the play down for as long. If you can I am all for it - but doubt you can find that player.
Agreed. Taylor is a gun. The guy was played out of position a lot of the year at hooker - the guy is a back rower.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:02 am

Russell wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

No I didn’t realise he was going to sign with them, bugger. Cause he is the type of backrower we need not Taylor who may tackle his heart out but that’s all he’s got. Plus he can’t really dominate a tackle either so he reverts to wrestling and gets penalised so often.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:47 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:49 am
Love these threads....

Forwards: Emre Guler, Kaide Ellis, Jack Hetherington, Jacob Giles.

Backs: Tony Satini, Bronson Xerri, Zac Lomax, Obed Kharwin.

Halves: Dean Matterson

Some good cup depth. Pushing for grade.

Get rid of the usual gronks like McQueen, Gamble. All the idiots that have already been mentioned.

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. Satini
4. Lomax
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Twal
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Taylor

14. Liddle
15. Gulre
16. Garner
17. Hetherington
Trying to win ISP might help NRL I guess. ..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 5:16 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:26 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:43 pm
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:01 pm
Put simply , we need to buy 6 first grade quality players ..Lawrence has seen better days imo .. rooks put him through the hole on many occasions, it he just dose t ha e the explosive pace needed to finish off .. o and don’t start me on his hands
Make him captain. First man picked
Absolutely.

1/4 - you obviously did not see any games in 2018. I'll use that as your excuse anyway.
Lawrence was close to our best this year.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:43 am

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 5:16 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:26 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:43 pm
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:01 pm
Put simply , we need to buy 6 first grade quality players ..Lawrence has seen better days imo .. rooks put him through the hole on many occasions, it he just dose t ha e the explosive pace needed to finish off .. o and don’t start me on his hands
Make him captain. First man picked
Absolutely.

1/4 - you obviously did not see any games in 2018. I'll use that as your excuse anyway.
Lawrence was close to our best this year.
Lawrence was our most consistent forward. Every game he played he had a strong game in attack and defence. Plus he is only on 300K from here on in. It would make no sense to move him on.
in Ivan we distrust

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:12 am

I have been critical of Lawrence in the past but he improved after JT moved him to the backrow.This year he has been our most consistent and best forward Ivan has definately got the best out of him

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:34 am

Not sure about moving on rowdy.. One of our most consistent this year. I'd be offering him a contract extension for 2 years.
No more plodders!

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:30 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:02 am
Russell wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

No I didn’t realise he was going to sign with them, bugger. Cause he is the type of backrower we need not Taylor who may tackle his heart out but that’s all he’s got. Plus he can’t really dominate a tackle either so he reverts to wrestling and gets penalised so often.
If you make 50 tackles and are slowing the play the ball down as much as he does (no one else in the team does) - you are bound to give away a couple of penalties - same has not applied to the opposition. Take your point that you don't think he should be there - that is your opinion and I accept that.

You have not answered the question on who you would buy to replace him. Not "pie in the sky" stuff - a realistic replacement to do the job i.e. 50 tackles, slow the ball down in those tackles and make at least 130-150 metres per game?

I suggest - there is nobody on the market for 2019.

Tonymontana

Post by Tonymontana » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:48 am

Stay Brooks/Masters/Twal
Come Munster
Leave Ivan Cleary

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:10 am

Tonymontana wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:48 am
Stay Brooks/Masters/Twal
Come Munster