GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:01 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 10:46 am
matchball wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 5:29 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 03 Oct, 2018 6:41 pm
1. Ivan Cleary - what a dodgy man with no integrity. Talked about being on the bus, being here for the long run and sold the dream to the players. Only to turn around and stab us in the back the first chance he got. Make no mistake if he didn’t legally have to be here he would have left before the season even ended.

2. Anasta - the worst buy in our history. Took our money and gave us nothing back. Then has the nerve to put the tigers down any chance he gets.

3. Moses - players come and go, but the way he went about it was disgusting. I reckon he purposely threw at least 2 games to get his way.

4. JT - don’t hate the bloke but he couldn’t coach, couldn’t manage players and couldn’t pick players. Cost us any chance of re signing Tedesco, woods or Moses. Cost us ado Carr by continuing to play rankin. Ran this place to the ground.

5. Woods- was captain and carried on like a pork chop. Again players come and go but as captain just set such a bad example.
Seriously.
You say JT cost us the chance to re-sign Tedesco, Woods and Moses but have the latter two as your most hated? How does that work??
We were never going to keep Teddy. He was bound for better things than languishing here not winning for less money.
JT did the right thing. We are better off without the other two you hate.
Seriously.
I didn’t know I had to justify my top 5 choices to you. Tell me oh wise one how should I order my top 5 to make you happy.

The biggest mistake was keeping JT that pre season and then we lose 5/6 or something like that, by then it’s too late. If we had a new coach and got off to a winning start I believe they would have stuck together and all stayed. But that’s history.
Quite the revisionist you are. We did not "lose 5/6 or something like that" before acting on the coaching position, it was after round 3 when we were one win and 2 losses. The club acted early, but it still didn't matter, Woods and Tedesco were gone regardless. Moses, doesn't matter cos Cleary punted him anyway.
Sorry 2/3 that changes everything. The club acting early would be the club getting rid of JT in the pre season not after a full pre season and 3 games in.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 2:07 pm

I came to debate like an adult. Too bad the kids can't play nice.
I won't lower myself to their level. Carry on.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 2:34 pm

So juvenile... Getting personal again... You want another thread locked TP?

Grow up

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 2:37 pm

Silentio wrote:
Wed 03 Oct, 2018 4:11 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 02 Oct, 2018 6:46 pm
Ive got Wayne Pearce number one. Massive Balmain fan but Junior set us on the road to ruin. He had a huge salary cap and blew it on morons like Terry Hill. Whats more he had no coaching skill.
Good call.

I know someone who played under him in origin who said he couldn't coach.
That's an interesting one. Of all the coaches Wests and Balmain have had, that arguably weren't terrific coaches either, Wayne Pearce is the number one? Not Alan Jones, Jason Taylor, Terry Lamb?

Sure Junior oversaw the first season, but it all went to hell in 2001 with Terry Lamb in charge. 2000 was a reasonably respectable season, just 2 points off the Top 8, including 2 draws in the years before Golden Point, a few key injuries and some stand-out losses like the 31-8 capitulation to Penrith.

And Junior didn't have a sole hand in the spending for 2000, there were the newly joined boards - that spent the next 10 years in-fighting - and the CEO Martin Bullock. Also a fairly average combination roster if I do say, not like St George who already had a decent side and picked up some Steelers champions. Tough one when you get two teams with no money, give them a pile of coin and say "spend it very wisely".

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 5:50 pm

matchball wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 2:07 pm
I came to debate like an adult. Too bad the kids can't play nice.
I won't lower myself to their level. Carry on.
You came to debate like an adult. Your first sentence had one word, it was Seriously. Then you thought it was a weird contradiction and misguided. Once again it’s my top 5, didn’t see you debating anybody else’s top 5. You’ve already lowered yourself by playing the man not the ball. Now go away and take that sniffing chump that follows me around with you.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 6:23 pm

I dont hate these blokes, but the dislike is quite high.
Moses - for dogging it and Moltzen to an extent, the way he would rip into team mates for stuffing up and then dog it himself....running kick returns across field to let his winger do his hard yards and putting our sets under pressure from the get go..pea heart, but then would pull off the most courageous head on tackle on his line on a rampaging JWH or similar

mtd

Post by mtd » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 5:02 am

Ivan cleary #1

Nathan now gets painted with the same brush.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:01 pm

What about top most missed west tigers players? addo car? taupau?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:16 pm

Lamb, Hopoate, Moses, Farah, Tedesco/Woods. Can't split the last two

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:35 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:16 pm
Lamb, Hopoate, Moses, Farah, Tedesco/Woods. Can't split the last two
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/10/ted ... ers-shoes/
Tedesco had ambition I can understand that, now he wants to fill Billy slater's shoes. Be deserves to be rich as he has sacrificed his ankles for the cause.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:50 am

from Tigerpower
4. JT - don’t hate the bloke but he couldn’t coach, couldn’t manage players and couldn’t pick players. Cost us any chance of re signing Tedesco, woods or Moses. Cost us ado Carr by continuing to play rankin. Ran this place to the ground.
----------------------------------

Add Farah to the list and all our top players are gone
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)