2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Siamtiger

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by Siamtiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm

The Real Issue...

Ivan has made his job Untenable at the tigera.
The tigers Board needs to show some mettle!
Fact
Maguire needs a powerhouse forward pack to play his preferred game plan..
A Bennet option would bring unprecedented marketing Sponsorship and recruitment opportunities.
A suggested option.
Sign Payten as a 1 tear interim coach with a view as Bennets assistant then to take over as head coach after A Bennet tenure of say a 3 year contract.
Decision
The Board must realise Cleary would work behind the scenes to bring some tigers with him to Penrith, every coach does it.
Do we allow this scenerio to unfold or knock it on the head.
The Broncos could feel the same way with Bennet and decide its best to part ways immediately to limit any potential damage.
That is why Ivans days are numbered.
A Decision must be made NOW.
Nov 1 is coming
The talk of Cleary and Pascoe no longer communicating is another very strong reason.
Im proud of the way the players keep out of the situation which is never easy.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:28 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:19 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:57 pm
willow wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:41 pm
I'm on board the 'Wayne Train' if Ivan is off the bus, says Marshall
By Adrian Proszenko
16 October 2018 — 6:00pm

Asked about Cleary leaving after so soon after forging his ‘on the bus’ mantra, Marshall said: “I feel like everyone is making a big deal about that. ‘On the bus’ is not about Ivan, it’s about the club. Everyone is making it about Ivan. He might have said those words accidentally, but it gave the fans and the players something to be a part of.

What the actual :x :x :x

it wasnt accidentally, it was a mantra he used to inspire the guys who were left.
No it wasnt...he mentioned it in an interview and the media ran with it...im not sure you know what a mantra is?
It was a throwaway line. There was no deeper meaning behind it
Yes there was a mantra behind and yes it has deep meaning. He used it to the guys who ended up leaving the club. Forcing them to make a decision and let us know. They were either coming on this journey with him or they weren’t. He also talked about long term commitment from his players to what he was building. The man has no integrity and neither do some on here who follow people around like a bad smell lol lol lol.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:17 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:10 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:34 pm
Someone mentioned it earlier, Seibold and Bennett switching roles. I think that’s pretty close to the money if we sign Maguire. Bennett will not end up jobless if he doesn’t want to be. Based off Pom’s mail, I’d say in 2019

Cleary - Penrith
Bennett - Souths
Seibold - Broncos
Hasler - Manly

Something has to give very soon.
Yeah I said that yesterday. We need a coach now, Cleary and us both want to move on, Bennett and Siebold both have a year left. Madge told Manly to get stuffed apparently.

Makes the most sense.
I dont think its over yet. If it was that easy they would have just announced Maguire today.

To me its more about Bennett this move. Its saying you are either interested in 2019 or we are moving on. You decide.

We will hopefully have an answer soon.
I don't doubt were having a dip at him. But if he can't make it for 2019 I see us moving on Madge and the rest will fall as already mentioned.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm

Payten has a contract with the Warriors..assistant coach

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

it wasnt accidentally, it was a mantra he used to inspire the guys who were left.
No it wasnt...he mentioned it in an interview and the media ran with it...im not sure you know what a mantra is?
Yes there was a mantra behind and yes it has deep meaning. He used it to the guys who ended up leaving the club. Forcing them to make a decision and let us know. They were either coming on this journey with him or they weren’t. He also talked about long term commitment from his players to what he was building. The man has no integrity and neither do some on here who follow people around like a bad smell lol lol lol.
You quoted me fella

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
willow wrote:
By Adrian Proszenko

Asked about Cleary leaving after so soon after forging his ‘on the bus’ mantra, Marshall said: “I feel like everyone is making a big deal about that. ‘On the bus’ is not about Ivan, it’s about the club. Everyone is making it about Ivan. He might have said those words accidentally, but it gave the fans and the players something to be a part of.

Yes i agree he mentioned it in an interview about Moses i think it was. Regardless of that it was then used by the club. We can only assume with Cleary's approval. It was a rally call, one to bring us together. The club even used it in its marketing.

mantra = group of words in Sanskrit believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual powers

Not quite sure what you are trying to say or imply? The evidence of the club using the saying is there for all to see.
Its an opinion!

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:37 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:29 pm
Now Facebook suggesting unveiling of Maguire on a 4 year deal is imminent. Oh, what to believe....
I think uncle Wayne wants to wait till 2020 and probably wants $3million or more for 3 years. We can probably get Madge now and probably pay less than that for 4 years. I think I’d go Madge 2019.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:38 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Payten has a contract with the Warriors..assistant coach
Not that I’d have him anywhere near our joint, but I doubt there’d be many clubs who would stand in the way of one of their assistant coaches taking a head coaching role somewhere else.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:41 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Thanks for back up TIgerpower.

I thought it was pretty common fact. Once again im surprised people want to argue and question things that seem so obvious.

Its not that hard to play nice and get along.
Its an opinion!

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm

Just a feeling, I wouldn’t be discounting Bennett just yet.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:44 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:37 pm
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
willow wrote:
By Adrian Proszenko

Yes i agree he mentioned it in an interview about Moses i think it was. Regardless of that it was then used by the club. We can only assume with Cleary's approval. It was a rally call, one to bring us together. The club even used it in its marketing.

mantra = group of words in Sanskrit believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual powers

Not quite sure what you are trying to say or imply? The evidence of the club using the saying is there for all to see.
I agree the club ran with it too
You initially said Cleary used it as a mantra, he didnt.
Now youre flipflopping that the club did,

Cleary..or the club?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:37 pm
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
willow wrote:
By Adrian Proszenko

From what I recall it was pretty much a throwaway line by Cleary. However, whatever he felt about the club running off with the bus analogy it was pretty clear he was trying to instil a set of values at this club. Values he's happy to selectively forget to chase an opportunity elsewhere. Not his fault the club went stupid with the bus line but it is quite clear there were underlying values he was alluding to with that throwaway line. Much like the be the player you want to play with etc.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm

Either way, it sucked and was cringeworthy. Glad the bus has crashed and burned.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:41 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Thanks for back up TIgerpower.

I thought it was pretty common fact. Once again im surprised people want to argue and question things that seem so obvious.

Its not that hard to play nice and get along.
The thing is its not fact, you have trouble with facts as well as mantras..it didnt happen despite you saying it did, you even backflipped and conceded it was the club that ran with it

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm
Either way, it sucked and was cringeworthy. Glad the bus has crashed and burned.
Yeah just because he was flippant about the phrase doesn't get him off the hook though.
Madge's Maulers.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm

wt01 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 6:33 pm
whats the brooks news???
someone please fill me in, im lost :? :? :?:
And what has the Club said about Maguire , to get everyone all excited about.
Just looked , and not a word about him.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm

haha yeah, a flippant, casual mantra

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:50 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm
wt01 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 6:33 pm
whats the brooks news???
someone please fill me in, im lost :? :? :?:
And what has the Club said about Maguire , to get everyone all excited about.
Just looked , and not a word about him.
The Poms post this afternoon. Said Maguire was the front runner.