2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Newtown

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by Newtown » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:13 pm

At the start of this saga Wests Tigers stated they were holding Cleary to his contract. Cleary confirmed that he would honour his contract and nothing has ever been heard from Wests Tigers or Cleary since. So logically the status quo remains and Cleary will remain as Wests Tigers coach for the next two seasons.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:14 pm

For all we know Pascoe is in the UK, seeing as both our reported top choices are there right now. Maybe he's just interviewing them in person...?

That article (with no names attached of course) is just rubbish! Bennet gone cold but would find it hard to turn down. Lol. He isn't even in the country. There are very few people that could have any inside word on what he's thinking right now. You're not exactly going to overhear him chatting at a local cafe...!

And on Addo Carr, it has been widely discussed for many years now. The fault lies solely on the feet of his lying and greedy manager and an impatient kid that got pissed after not being selected in first grade for round one straight out of NYC.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:18 pm

No more plodders!
:sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:21 pm

“As it stands, the Wests Tigers will only release Cleary to join Penrith immediately if they can land what they perceive to be an upgrade – which is why premiership-winning coach Wayne Bennett and Maguire are the only two candidates being considered.“

This is good to know.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:37 pm

I can't wait for this coaching situation to be signed and settled once and for all. The media are just writing whatever they can to fuel rumours and put doubt into club supporters minds. I'm trying not to buy into it too much but gee it's hard. Come on Pascoe, get the deal done and let's get going.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:45 pm

"I can't believe Pascoe is overseas blah blah blah. Who takes a holiday at a time like this!?!? Blah blah blah"

Oh wait he's spoken to both coaching candidates and detoured his pre-planned BUSINESS TRIP to meet with one candidate in another country.

What an amateur, can't believe this mug is running the club, can't believe his lack of diligence.

GNR used the right word - a little too much hysteria for the off-season.
Last edited by jirskyr on Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 1:46 pm
I don’t think it’s worth getting rid of him to bring in a noob. The situation with Ivan is not that desperate despite some of the hysteria.
I’m confused , are you a fan of Clearys now?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 3:26 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:45 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 1:46 pm
I don’t think it’s worth getting rid of him to bring in a noob. The situation with Ivan is not that desperate despite some of the hysteria.
I’m confused , are you a fan of Clearys now?
More a fan of him coaching us than a Payton or Hodgson coaching us if they aren’t keeping the seat warm for someone like Bennett in 2020.

mario chalmers

Post by mario chalmers » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 3:31 pm

Tigers must be waiting to see if Bennett is sacked by Brisbane, otherwise you'd have to think they'd have offered Maguire the job before he left for UK with the Kiwis.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 3:32 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:14 pm
For all we know Pascoe is in the UK, seeing as both our reported top choices are there right now. Maybe he's just interviewing them in person...?

That article (with no names attached of course) is just rubbish! Bennet gone cold but would find it hard to turn down. Lol. He isn't even in the country. There are very few people that could have any inside word on what he's thinking right now. You're not exactly going to overhear him chatting at a local cafe...!

And on Addo Carr, it has been widely discussed for many years now. The fault lies solely on the feet of his lying and greedy manager and an impatient kid that got pissed after not being selected in first grade for round one straight out of NYC.
If Pascoe is in UK he may also be interviewing some players to transfer to Wests tigers.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 3:51 pm

Its looking very likely Cleary will be here for the next 2 years...Bennett not interested in us...

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:15 pm

We are an embarrassment. Our preferred options are holding off seeing if they can get a better offer elsewhere.

We need a plan e so that we can move forward and sign a coach.

Put something in the contract that prevents them meeting with other clubs before the season that the contract expires, punishable by penalties that would bankrupt them.

I now want Demetriou for 3 years. If you do due diligence an up and coming coach is often a better option than someone proven to be average.

We need to be honest of the fact that we are seen as also rans. The bottom of the heap that will only be embraced by those with limited options and one eye on the exit door.

We need to focus on accurately identifying playing and coaching talent on the way up and locking them down, so by the end of their contract they are a tightly bonded and successful group.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:18 pm

tigerap wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 3:51 pm
Its looking very likely Cleary will be here for the next 2 years...Bennett not interested in us...
So no Madge?

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:26 pm

It all comes down to who Broncos choose. Then there will be a domino effect.

We are 2nd or 3rd choice. Will always until we get a COE and one home ground.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 11:19 am
mario chalmers wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 11:13 am
Article in today's Australian says that Justin Pascoe is overseas this week.

I've no doubt that the bloke is entitled to holiday but surely not at a time when the club needs to sort out its coaching situation?

Wasn't he lying on a beach somewhere when Addo Carr was hoping we'd offer him a new contract? He signed for Melbourne while Pascoe was sipping pina coladas?
Could be business?
Enjoy your vacay JP lol

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:29 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:15 pm
We are an embarrassment. Our preferred options are holding off seeing if they can get a better offer elsewhere.

Put something in the contract that prevents them meeting with other clubs before the season that the contract expires, punishable by penalties that would bankrupt them.

I now want Demetriou for 3 years. If you do due diligence an up and coming coach is often a better option than someone proven to be average.

We need to be honest of the fact that we are seen as also rans. The bottom of the heap that will only be embraced by those with limited options and one eye on the exit door.

We need to focus on accurately identifying playing and coaching talent on the way up and locking them down, so by the end of their contract they are a tightly bonded and successful group.
We have to remember that the only experience That Demetriou has had, in the NrL, is as an Assistant Coach With an excellent lot of players behind him
Even though he is the one who I would like to see here, (if Ivan goes). He still hasnt had any experience as a head Coach

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:34 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:15 pm

Don't even know where to start with this except that half of it nonsense and half of it is so obvious as to be pointless.

Bankrupt a coach through a contract. Sure. Actually whilst we are at it, let's get them to sign a contract where they pay us money to coach our team.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 9:23 am
A promise, and a contract are different
I would think that a promise is the same as an unwritten contract,
but maybe not these days..