Spud Murphy

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:10 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:51 pm
Here's what I've heard.

Cleary expects to report to Panthers training in 10 days. No contract has been signed.

Tigers want Bennett. Maguire second choice.
Broncos want Seibold
Maguire wants Broncos
Bennett is softening on Tigers (I.e. More possible than before)

Nobody has signed anything. And so it goes on...
Maguire could loose out altogether, if the broncos get Seibold, we Get Bennett.
So might we if we're not careful!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:13 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:27 pm
Yawn
Agreed wake me up when it's over
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:56 pm
Seantice wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:55 pm
So basically 5 clubs havnt sorted out their coaching structure less than two weeks before preseason starts. Circus alright.

I can't see Bennett leaving til end of next year. Ditto Seibold.
Don't be so sure, if souths don't re-sign Seibold, they will likely send him off to the Bronc's, they will not want him if he has signed elsewhere
Apparently rabbits have Adam O'Brien lined up
No more plodders!
:sign:

Post by 851 » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:10 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 4:51 pm
Here's what I've heard.

Cleary expects to report to Panthers training in 10 days. No contract has been signed.

Tigers want Bennett. Maguire second choice.
Broncos want Seibold
Maguire wants Broncos
Bennett is softening on Tigers (I.e. More possible than before)

Nobody has signed anything. And so it goes on...
Maguire could loose out altogether, if the broncos get Seibold, we Get Bennett.
So might we if we're not careful!
It would be harder for us to lose out than Maguire, but still possible, but I do not think Cleary can coach us next year, and I think Pascoe is of the same belief, I have faith we will get one of the two
Go hard or go home

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:15 pm

Totally concur Willow.
Apart from his contractual obligations for 2019,I doubt very much whether Bennet wld risk his reputation at WTs.
TBH,he hasn't done such a great job at the Broncos given the talent and resources hes had available over the years,and its unlikely he wld match Clearys achievements.which wld leave his legacy of the coach he really is...average,with good mentoring skills and a media mystery
McGuire on the other hand isn't really in a position to choose if he misses the Broncos gig(which Seibold probably has sewn up)...Souths wont have him back,so what next...?

Post by 851 » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:15 pm

WT2K wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
851 wrote:
Seantice wrote:
So basically 5 clubs havnt sorted out their coaching structure less than two weeks before preseason starts. Circus alright.

Don't be so sure, if souths don't re-sign Seibold, they will likely send him off to the Bronc's, they will not want him if he has signed elsewhere
You are probably right, they wouldn't want a coach who has signed elsewhere coaching them, and I can't blame them
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:54 pm

Still nothing from a real source.
The only thing that seems to be more and more of a chance is that whoever we get, will be here because he has no where better to go to,
The other thing is that Souths May just sign Siebold to an extended contract,
They were the ones who didn’t want any more of Maquire, and have a great regard for Siebold.
He may be the smartest of them all as he has some good bargaining power now.
And I’m damn sure that Souths wontbwant Maquire Back there

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:59 pm

WT2K wrote:
851 wrote:
Seantice wrote:

Bit late the Rorters have already signed him I think it happened around August : September by memorary.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:06 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 6:59 pm
WT2K wrote:
851 wrote:
Seantice wrote:

Bit late the Rorters have already signed him I think it happened around August : September by memorary.
I’m pretty sure most assistants are released if they manage to get a first grade gig.

But this thing is dragging on, who knows what’s happening. Yesterday it was madge to us 4 years. Today it’s madge to broncos 4 years...... Bennett goes cool on us, Bennett now warming up to us... I’m over it...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:11 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 2:04 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 1:43 am
Geo. wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 1:22 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:14 pm

Me thinks Lauren might be blonde.
It’s been scientifically proven that long term use of peroxide causes permanent brain damage.
Not called for..i for one enjoy Lauren's posts..balanced and has made me think quite often...

Stick around Lauren and keep posting your thoughts...hope to hear them more often..
Hi Lauren you are probably slightly confused like I get when Geo agrees with me

You assume your wrong because Geo is usually so wide of the mark he couldn't hit a barn with a handful of gravel

But Geo accidently stumbles on a right comment occasionally by some miracle

And yes , enjoying your posts , stick with it , your making more sense than many other plodder posters on here ...... :sign:
:deadhorse:

Gee whiz Happy, your fixation on mentioning Geo in every post is bordering on BBF/Roberto Farah proportions. Neck and neck!
We enjoy plunging verbal knives into each other backs

No issues with that ........??

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:30 pm

Goodness me. What a basket case.
We should never have played ducks and drakes.
Should have made a call on Cleary’s integrity from the start stand him down at the end of the season and go to market with a coaching position available.
Bennett would more likey be happy to wait till Parramatta move on from Arthur then to get sucked into us.
Knowing our luck we’ll end up with Cartwright or Griffin...
Leaving it all up to a player/coaches manager to broker the deal just does not seem like an assertive way to go about things.

I say it again, how can our club announce they have signed a coach without publicly announcing that Ivan has agreed to move to Penrith???
Penrith will screw us big time for this, and most likely Ivan may even be just a pawn in their game as well.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:38 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:30 pm
Should have made a call on Cleary’s integrity from the start stand him down at the end of the season and go to market with a coaching position available.
Bennett would more likey be happy to wait till Parramatta move on from Arthur then to get sucked into us.
Leaving it all up to a player/coaches manager to broker the deal just does not seem like an assertive way to go about things.

I say it again, how can our club announce they have signed a coach without publicly announcing that Ivan has agreed to move to Penrith???
Penrith will screw us big time for this, and most likely Ivan may even be just a pawn in their game as well.
How are Parra anymore well run than us?

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:38 pm
Needaname wrote:

Their not, it was just the point I was making. Just when you feel like we might be making inroads we get dragged back to the rest of the pack.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:49 pm

It would be great to be talking about some quality player signings, but all we have to speculate on is who will coach our reasonably average roster.

Anyway all the cards will fall next week and the mystery will be over

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:50 pm

There’s been nothing to suggest we aren’t making inroads. We’re more than likely going to end up with Bennett or Maguire.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:59 pm

Needaname wrote:

I don't believe that for a moment. If this whole circus is true, and Cleary has no intention of honouring his contract, I'd be very surprised if he were an innocent bystander (pawn) and not an instigator/driver of the process.
"Quality Stupidity"

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 8:04 pm

We’ve got some beauties on here.

Our own fans bad mouthing the Tigers all based in ... nothing. The journos are having a picnic making stuff up with not just us but Broncos, Souths as well.

Apparently, Bennett was going cold on us. Now he is warming to us. Also, Seibold has been interviewed for the Broncos job just this week but supposedly he signed four months ago? Maguire’s only coaching job is with NZ so he has applied at both Broncos and Tigers. Dooh.

The only truth so far is that Seibold is contracted to Souths for next year, Bennett is contracted to the Broncos for next year and Cleary is contracted to the Tigers for the next two years.

I’ve got no doubt that there will be a coach merry-go-round until managers have done their dance. Each club would desire that their coach is in place before 1 November so we’ve got possibly another ten days of journos “scoops” before the clubs officially make announcements.

I’ve got my preference but what can I do about it, except wait?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 8:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 7:38 pm
Needaname wrote:

Their not, it was just the point I was making. Just when you feel like we might be making inroads we get dragged back to the rest of the pack.