happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:14 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:34 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:12 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:00 am

Bennett is the only choice. If we don't go with him, even if it means waiting a year we deserve everything we get. That so many associate "tough" with Maguire and do so as a positive astounds me. Toughness isn't being inflexible or shouting, gesticulating or demonstrating anger. That should be far behind us and we should be striving for corporate dollars, new players who improve out tream and a respected coach with a proven record of success oveer a long period.
Let's say Wayne actually doesn't want to come has a good year at the Broncos and decided he had enough as hypothetical...

Which Coach with a proven record of success over a long period should we target...?
Shane Flanagan just to see the meltdown on the forum.
In my opinion if Flanagan became available he jumps ahead of Madge ......

Look at the players he has attracted after the abortion Cronulla had been from 2010-2013

Might be a DH but results are on the board 184 games 101 wins
And an ex Wests player.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:15 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 4:52 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:23 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:19 am
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 1:24 am

I'm sorry you lost me when you said Souths were a powerhouse. In the late 60s yes, but I don't know what side you've been watching for the past 30 years - occasional finals contenders at best.

Anyway the point isn't comparing the "powerhouseyness" of clubs, the point is comparing the mentality or reality of having a coach who is potentally leaving the club after the current season. Seibold has confirmed interviewed with Broncos for the 2020 job, which means he is definitely interested in leaving Souths after 2019. Seibold has definitely rejected initial attempts for a contract extension at Souths, which is nearly unheard of for a rookie head coach.

So why is that any different from Cleary? In fact, at least Cleary has 2 more years to run on his Tigers deal, so theoretically more time to invest in a playing strategy, sign players etc. If Cleary is untenable, then Seibold must be 97% untenable at Souths also.
Are you trying to say that Souths are not in a better position than WT on the field then? They went within a game of the GF this year didn't they (I can't remember precisely). They won a premiership only 4 years ago. They have extremely talented youngsters on their books in Douhi, Murray and that winger. They have one of the best forwards in the comp in Sam Burgess. They are miles ahead of us on the field. And off the field they have a bottomless pit of cash thanks to Russell Crowe.
They will be right in the running for a premiership in the next 3 or 4 years. Will WT? Not bloody likely.
Compared to us they are a powerhouse.
Their coaching situation has been handled much better than the pig's breakfast that the WT's coaching soap-opera has become. If Seibold leaves, Souths will have no problem whatsoever attracting a top-line coach. Their club is seen as a desirable destination for coaches and players. Safe to say our club isn't.
Are Souths closer to a premiership than Tigers? Arguably yes.

However Souths finished 12th and 12th in 2016 to 2017. The man who turned them around in 2018 = Seibold. He's odds-on to be leaving very soon. So I wouldn't be putting my eggs in the Souths basket when their ace rookie coach is about to be poached by a real competition powerhouse. Broncos haven't won a comp in 12 years but in all other aspects they are the true powerhouse of the league.

Has the Seibold been handled better? No, I can't see how you can say that. Same deal - a wealthy club trying to pinch your coach a few years in advance and then make his current contract "untenable". You think Souths are happy that Seibold is holding them off? They gave him a chance, took a punt with a rookie coach; he may have got that chance elsewhere, but the minute the gamble has paid off, Seibold has moved to upgrade his deal at another club.

Rusty Crowe is not a bottomless pit of money, you have no idea. He's reportedly worth $75-95M. Nick Politis is worth $1.35B, now that's where you can start talking about money pits.

And you say Souths will have no problem attracting a top-line coach... if so why did they hire a rookie for 2018? By all reports they are looking at recalling David Furner or another rookie if Seibold goes.
In your opinion Souths are "arguably" in a better position than WT to win a premiership? :lol: 999 people out of 1000 would say there is no argument. We couldn't even make the 8 and are stuck paying gems like Chris McQueen good coin for the next year or 2....... you beaut!!
Souths appointed Seibold because he was very highly rated by most good judges involved in the game. Besides, are you able to name any top-line coaches that were available at the start of 2018? Pretty sure there weren't any.
And Rusty's $90 million isn't a bottomless pit? Where I come from it's not a bad start. Poor bugger.....I will be sure to send him a rescue package of milk arrowroot's and fresh water if the unlucky bloke is doing it tough scraping by on meagre coin like that. You only had to hear every player from the Rabbits rave about how much of a difference his presence/business contacts and accumen made to their club in 2014. Nothing would have changed there, they wouldn't have as much clout as a club if he didn't have his finger in the pie business-wise.
Not a powerhouse.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:28 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:07 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 8:02 pm
1st team off the coaching merry-go-round is Manly. DT reporting 3 year deal for Des Hasler.
They’re not really apart of the merry go round. They’re an island to themselves. Who they appoint won’t have a domino affect on other clubs. The merry go round is us, Brisbane, Souths and Penrith.
I wonder which club will blink first?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:42 pm

YOU BLOKES AND GIRLS STILL DONT UNDERSTAND...….IVAN SIGNED A 3 YEAR CONTRACT WITH WTs ENDING IN 2020 ...HE CAN GO IF HE PLEASES WHERE HE PLEASES.....once again emotions run high ,,,IT IS HIS CAREER AND HE CAN GO WHERE HE LIKES IN 2021 AS LONG AS HE FULFILS HIS OBLIGATIONS FOR 3 YEARS AT THE WTS......

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:56 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:42 pm
YOU BLOKES AND GIRLS STILL DONT UNDERSTAND...….IVAN SIGNED A 3 YEAR CONTRACT WITH WTs ENDING IN 2020 ...HE CAN GO IF HE PLEASES WHERE HE PLEASES.....once again emotions run high ,,,IT IS HIS CAREER AND HE CAN GO WHERE HE LIKES IN 2021 AS LONG AS HE FULFILS HIS OBLIGATIONS FOR 3 YEARS AT THE WTS......

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,
:o :( :o :( :o :( :o :(

BP Tiger has taken TT

Give him back :x

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:56 pm
TrueTiger wrote:

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,
:o :( :o :( :o :( :o :(

BP Tiger has taken TT

Give him back :x
You'd get big odds TT if Ivan sees out the last 2 seasons

Maybe 1 .....

MissMe911

Post by MissMe911 » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:02 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 7:32 pm
MissMe911 wrote:
Sat 20 Oct, 2018 7:03 pm
Madge will be GREAT.
we need someone tough.
Bennett cant make a star studded broncos side perform so no thanks
Tough? Ask South supporters about Glenn Stewart signed at the back end of his career with dodgy knees and the lack of flexibility from Maguire about training which forced him out of the Club. I make no apologies for not wanting him at out club. We can and should do far better.
End of his career.
Dodgy knees.

Probably shouldnt have been signed huh?
As I said we need someone tough maybe if we had a tough trainer we would have got somewhere with Tui, Woods, Moses, Suli or Nofo might have even tightened up his defense

We have had JT who had no spine and Cleary who cant even pick a captain let alone a top 17 its about time a real coach came along

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:16 pm

TrueTiger wrote:

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,
So you believe Ivan Cleary is fully committed to Wests Tigers.

Justin Pascoe seems at odds with that...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:27 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:15 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 4:52 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 3:23 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 2:19 am

Are you trying to say that Souths are not in a better position than WT on the field then? They went within a game of the GF this year didn't they (I can't remember precisely). They won a premiership only 4 years ago. They have extremely talented youngsters on their books in Douhi, Murray and that winger. They have one of the best forwards in the comp in Sam Burgess. They are miles ahead of us on the field. And off the field they have a bottomless pit of cash thanks to Russell Crowe.
They will be right in the running for a premiership in the next 3 or 4 years. Will WT? Not bloody likely.
Compared to us they are a powerhouse.
Their coaching situation has been handled much better than the pig's breakfast that the WT's coaching soap-opera has become. If Seibold leaves, Souths will have no problem whatsoever attracting a top-line coach. Their club is seen as a desirable destination for coaches and players. Safe to say our club isn't.
Are Souths closer to a premiership than Tigers? Arguably yes.

However Souths finished 12th and 12th in 2016 to 2017. The man who turned them around in 2018 = Seibold. He's odds-on to be leaving very soon. So I wouldn't be putting my eggs in the Souths basket when their ace rookie coach is about to be poached by a real competition powerhouse. Broncos haven't won a comp in 12 years but in all other aspects they are the true powerhouse of the league.

Has the Seibold been handled better? No, I can't see how you can say that. Same deal - a wealthy club trying to pinch your coach a few years in advance and then make his current contract "untenable". You think Souths are happy that Seibold is holding them off? They gave him a chance, took a punt with a rookie coach; he may have got that chance elsewhere, but the minute the gamble has paid off, Seibold has moved to upgrade his deal at another club.

Rusty Crowe is not a bottomless pit of money, you have no idea. He's reportedly worth $75-95M. Nick Politis is worth $1.35B, now that's where you can start talking about money pits.

And you say Souths will have no problem attracting a top-line coach... if so why did they hire a rookie for 2018? By all reports they are looking at recalling David Furner or another rookie if Seibold goes.
In your opinion Souths are "arguably" in a better position than WT to win a premiership? :lol: 999 people out of 1000 would say there is no argument. We couldn't even make the 8 and are stuck paying gems like Chris McQueen good coin for the next year or 2....... you beaut!!
Souths appointed Seibold because he was very highly rated by most good judges involved in the game. Besides, are you able to name any top-line coaches that were available at the start of 2018? Pretty sure there weren't any.
And Rusty's $90 million isn't a bottomless pit? Where I come from it's not a bad start. Poor bugger.....I will be sure to send him a rescue package of milk arrowroot's and fresh water if the unlucky bloke is doing it tough scraping by on meagre coin like that. You only had to hear every player from the Rabbits rave about how much of a difference his presence/business contacts and accumen made to their club in 2014. Nothing would have changed there, they wouldn't have as much clout as a club if he didn't have his finger in the pie business-wise.
Not a powerhouse.
So who is a powerhouse? Broncos, Storm, Roosters (despite having no fans). Souths would be next in line. From memory they have the second most members, the backing of Russell Crowe, one of the strongest brands in RL, and have had recent success on the field. Who do reckon Bennett would be more likely to coach - us or them? Pretty obvious answer IMO
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:34 pm

^ Well put Steve-O. Pretty hard to argue with all of that.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:39 pm

TrueTiger wrote:

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,
I don't think anybody is disputing that.
It is the decision of whether his position is untenable for 2019 and perhaps 2020 that is the cause for debate.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:49 am

I think this all may be sorted by the end of this week , the Tigers can't let this keep going the way it is now , if Ivan is moving on and we don't really know , only the powers at the office would know , we could see Madge come in. , we can't wait another year to get our coach , Sponsors , Fans will not put up with this , we Start pre season soon so we need to be sorted so our players get the best chance of preparing for 2019 , Why Justin is over seas I'm not sure but I hope it's for good reason , if it's his holidays its crap timing as he should have sorted out the coach then took a break ,

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:06 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:16 pm
TrueTiger wrote:

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,

The thing is GEO,Ivan signed a 3 year contract,if he fulfils his obligations under that agreement then he has done absolutely nothing wrong by signing to coach Riff in 2021...he did say he would honour his contract....therein lies the commitment...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:10 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:06 am
Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,

The thing is GEO,Ivan signed a 3 year contract,if he fulfils his obligations under that agreement then he has done absolutely nothing wrong by signing to coach Riff in 2021...he did say he would honour his contract....therein lies the commitment...
So no need for Pascoe to look at replacements..cool
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:39 am

You believe in Santa Clause if you think Cleary can get the job done for part of all of his remaining contract. Of course he turn up every day with his clip board and go through the motions, but to build on this years work, no way.

The club knows it will not work and so do all the stakeholders, and that is why this will be all sorted very soon. Pascoe has said he will not be released unless we can get a coach that is a upgrade, Pascoe also knows that basically anyone is now a upgrade on Cleary after the events of the past few months

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:20 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:10 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:06 am
Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

ITS THAT SIMPLE,,,,,

So no need for Pascoe to look at replacements..cool
Pascoe can do as he likes including sacking Ivan,however all the dislike toward Ivan because he has signed with Penrith for 2021 is unwarrented if he wants to honour his contract at WTs,he hasnt walked out or said he is leaving now...

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:23 am

I’m just wondering if there’s a case for litigation against Ivan for damage that he has done to our club/brand?

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:34 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:49 am
I think this all may be sorted by the end of this week , the Tigers can't let this keep going the way it is now , if Ivan is moving on and we don't really know , only the powers at the office would know , we could see Madge come in. , we can't wait another year to get our coach , Sponsors , Fans will not put up with this , we Start pre season soon so we need to be sorted so our players get the best chance of preparing for 2019 , Why Justin is over seas I'm not sure but I hope it's for good reason , if it's his holidays its crap timing as he should have sorted out the coach then took a break ,
Reported as an annual scheduled overseas commitment with corporate sponsors. Not a holiday as far as I can see.