2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Geo.

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by Geo. » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:24 am
Just skipped from page 41 to 90...What I miss?
A lot of :blah :blah :blah mostly...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:49 pm

At least things are reaching the end, whatever that may be. Training resumes in a week or so. Hands will need to be declared and decisions made. Who knows???? .......

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:26 pm

With compensation being seeked by tigers, does anyone else think we may have an agreement in place with a new coach?
No more plodders!
:sign:

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:49 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Rothfiekd reported in the telegraph that WT Board has directed Pascoe not to release Cleary under any circumstances until minimum 1/2 million in compensation is paid.
This worries me.
If true, it means that both Madge and Bennett do not want to come here.

Therefore, Ivan’s contract stands and if he wants to go to Penrith, it will cost them $500k for us to release him.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:55 pm

This worries me.

Therefore, Ivan’s contract stands and if he wants to go to Penrith, it will cost them $500k for us to release him.
[/quote]

I don't read it that way at all. I think if true it's saying you created this mess, you want it,you stump up some money.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:00 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:49 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Rothfiekd reported in the telegraph that WT Board has directed Pascoe not to release Cleary under any circumstances until minimum 1/2 million in compensation is paid.
This worries me.

I'm pretty confident we'll get Madge. You'd have to think he's long odds for the Broncos gig and he won't be going back to Souths. It's pretty much either us or nothing the way it stands now. If he rejects us with zero other options available it will be a bit of a slap in the face.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:04 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:55 pm

I don't read it that way at all. I think if true it's saying you created this mess, you want it,you stump up some money.
I read it this way too. You wanted him that badly you sought to ruin our end of year and preseason and leave us with nothing next year, you can make some reparations.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:14 pm

steve-o wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:53 pm
You’re having the wool pulled over your eyes if you believe anything regarding TPAs that comes from NRL.com. TPAs may have technically started in 2006, but they did not become a prominent issue until the 2010s. I honestly didn’t read your entire post because it was long and this conversation is at the point where we are just going to go around in circles. Agree to disagree
So the NRL is lying...

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:20 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
This worries me.

[/quote]

PPC, if the rumours are true about a coaching merry-go-round, then each club (broncos, souths, tigers, panthers) would be willing to release a coach early to get the one they want. Now we ask for $500k on top of early release? All the cards fall down.

I’ve been wrong before :cry:
– Henry Ford

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:26 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:20 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:
This worries me.

PPC, if the rumours are true about a coaching merry-go-round, then each club (broncos, souths, tigers, panthers) would be willing to release a coach early to get the one they want. Now we ask for $500k on top of early release? All the cards fall down.

[/quote]

Maybe we always have. Maybe we have Madge locked down and we're like "well, we're set Gus and Ivan, when you're ready to come to the table with some dosh we're ready to let Ivan walk."
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:41 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:26 pm
cqtiger wrote:
prattenparkchild wrote:
This worries me.

Maybe we always have. Maybe we have Madge locked down and we're like "well, we're set Gus and Ivan, when you're ready to come to the table with some dosh we're ready to let Ivan walk."
[/quote]

We can’t have Madge ‘locked down’ CB as that implies he’s signed a contract. Cleary is legally our coach until 2020.

All Penrith have to do is say were not paying $500k we will wait another two years for IC and all of a sudden we are screwed. At best, Madge has verbally agreed terms awaiting the MGR
– Henry Ford

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:04 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:

I read it this way too. You wanted him that badly you sought to ruin our end of year and preseason and leave us with nothing next year, you can make some reparations.
How I'm reading it too. Also makes me think we have an agreement reached with a new coach.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:52 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:41 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
prattenparkchild wrote:
This worries me.

We can’t have Madge ‘locked down’ CB as that implies he’s signed a contract. Cleary is legally our coach until 2020.

All Penrith have to do is say were not paying $500k we will wait another two years for IC and all of a sudden we are screwed. At best, Madge has verbally agreed terms awaiting the MGR
[/quote]

Except Panthers ARe screwed more becuase they miss the magical premiership window

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 5:41 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:40 pm

Maybe I did go back too far in my analysis, but TPAs were introduced in 2006. So let's look at Souths since 2006 - 1 premiership, 1 wooden spoon, Top 4 3 other times, 7th twice, 6 other seasons without finals. So they make the finals 7/13 = 54% or just over half the seasons.
That is rubbish. TPA's were not introduced in 2006. TPA's just are....always have been and always will be. In 2006 the NRL introduced rules and restrictions regarding TPA's that are linked to the club but there have never been any rules or restrictions regarding TPA's that have nothing to do with the club, never was, never will and never should there be.

This blew up when Craig Wing was at the Roosters early in his career. NRL stepped in about his salary because he was earning a lot more than Roosters were paying him, but the majority of his income was from Foxtel because he (on his own merit) had jagged a gig on a fashion show (unrelated to league).

Basically, like anyone else in this (so far) reasonably free country if you want to supplement your income there is no restriction outside of your current employer. If player X gets a gig as a public speaker or similar, it doesnt and never will be part of the cap.

kiwitiger

Post by kiwitiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 5:42 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:44 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:24 am
Just skipped from page 41 to 90...What I miss?
A lot of :blah :blah :blah mostly...
Crap, must of missed the bit that was not :blah :blah :blah .
On the bright bright side at least the club doesn't leak like the titanic anymore,
as no one is in the know here about this.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 5:45 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
prattenparkchild wrote:
This worries me.

[/quote]

If I was Gus right now, I'd make a big song and dance making sure the media noticed as I flew to Auckland (or whereever the hell he is right now) to interview Maguire. That would throw the cat amongst the pidgeons.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 5:59 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
prattenparkchild wrote:
This worries me.

[/quote]

I very much Panthers, Gould and particularly Cleary could live with that scenarios.
On the other hand WT have nothing to lose. Worst for us is to get Cleary to do 12 months penance and watch him and Panther burn with rooky coach.

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:17 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:14 pm
steve-o wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 1:53 pm
You’re having the wool pulled over your eyes if you believe anything regarding TPAs that comes from NRL.com. TPAs may have technically started in 2006, but they did not become a prominent issue until the 2010s. I honestly didn’t read your entire post because it was long and this conversation is at the point where we are just going to go around in circles. Agree to disagree
So the NRL is lying...
:roll :roll
I bet the NRL believe it