avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:18 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:13 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:23 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:20 am

We don't need to get rid of him at all. I think the club is happy to persist with him, unless we can come out of this in a stronger position. If the situation was that toxic and we needed to get rid of him, we wouldn't be putting a price on his head. He'd get a release with no provisions, and he probably would have gotten it weeks ago. The fact we want compensation shows we're happy to use some leverage.
But I don't think we have any leverage at all because I don't think Penrith cares if they get Cleary now or later. Persisting with Cleary for a further two years is not in the best interests of the club, the fans or the players.
We must surely have leverage because no club signs a coach 2 years in advance. Has it ever happened in the history of rugby league? 1 season yes, but that is for top-field coaches, not 50% guys like Ivan.

So if Penrith don't care if they get Cleary now or later, why all the hullabaloo? Why sack the coach who got them to the finals? If they don't care about Ivan then don't sign him at all, sign up Ciraldo for the next 3 seasons.

Tigers are doing the right thing here. If you hand over Ivan and ask for nothing in return, you get nothing in return. If you demand something, you might not get $500K but you will likely negotiate something.
I think the only reason they went after Ivan in the first place was to secure Nathan. There are a lot of coaches out there better than Ivan they could have pursued just as hard. Do the Panthers have a better chance of winning the premiership with Ivan there over Ciraldo? I'm not so sure.

The difference in the situations is that Penrith can wait for 2 years. We can't. I just want him gone.
Then that will be Gus' 10 year plan!!!!!

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:23 pm

Des puts pen to paper at manly for 3 years today.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:34 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:13 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:23 am

But I don't think we have any leverage at all because I don't think Penrith cares if they get Cleary now or later. Persisting with Cleary for a further two years is not in the best interests of the club, the fans or the players.
We must surely have leverage because no club signs a coach 2 years in advance. Has it ever happened in the history of rugby league? 1 season yes, but that is for top-field coaches, not 50% guys like Ivan.

So if Penrith don't care if they get Cleary now or later, why all the hullabaloo? Why sack the coach who got them to the finals? If they don't care about Ivan then don't sign him at all, sign up Ciraldo for the next 3 seasons.

Tigers are doing the right thing here. If you hand over Ivan and ask for nothing in return, you get nothing in return. If you demand something, you might not get $500K but you will likely negotiate something.
I think the only reason they went after Ivan in the first place was to secure Nathan. There are a lot of coaches out there better than Ivan they could have pursued just as hard. Do the Panthers have a better chance of winning the premiership with Ivan there over Ciraldo? I'm not so sure.

The difference in the situations is that Penrith can wait for 2 years. We can't. I just want him gone.
You want him gone, so what. Some people may want him to stay.

He has a contract for the next two years. I personally think that he will fulfill that contract.

Let's all settle down and see what happens.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:36 pm

yeah...settle down every body

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:43 pm

Hopefully something a little more official this week. Our players deserve better than this.
Its an opinion!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:58 pm

I haven't seen anything from a club official yet and am surprised how much traction this has with the media with no sources. I assume if its true Gus is getting the media to put the pressure on our club.

One thing I have wondered about during all this is the amount of times Gus has said when the truth comes out people will apologize. I wouldnt trust Gus as far as I could throw him.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:06 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:58 pm
I haven't seen anything from a club official yet and am surprised how much traction this has with the media with no sources. I assume if its true Gus is getting the media to put the pressure on our club.

One thing I have wondered about during all this is the amount of times Gus has said when the truth comes out people will apologize. I wouldnt trust Gus as far as I could throw him.
There's no picking Gus up mate.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:39 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:41 pm
We can’t have Madge ‘locked down’ CB as that implies he’s signed a contract. Cleary is legally our coach until 2020.
Well, Manly just signed Hasler without Barrett leaving. What's the difference?
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:34 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

He has a contract for the next two years. I personally think that he will fulfill that contract.
Cool, thanks Col. Maybe you should call Pascoe and tell him to stop interviewing replacements then?

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:58 pm

Apologise about what?
in Ivan we distrust

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm

Masterton wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:39 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:41 pm
We can’t have Madge ‘locked down’ CB as that implies he’s signed a contract. Cleary is legally our coach until 2020.
Well, Manly just signed Hasler without Barrett leaving. What's the difference?
Barrett had handed in his notice, therefore forfeiting any claim to being the Head coach.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm

Glad Manly signed Des thats one we don't have to worry about.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm

I still think we should hold Ivan in a basement deep in the bowels of Concord for the next two years.
in Ivan we distrust

Post by 851 » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm
I still think we should hold Ivan in a basement deep in the bowels of Concord for the next two years.
And make him read this coaches thread
Go hard or go home

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm

My guess is earliest resolution - Friday, most likely though next week.
Pascoe away until Thursday, also waiting on the $$$ from Riff

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm
A better place would be under the Glen Morrison Memorial toilets.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:57 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 7:34 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

Cool, thanks Col. Maybe you should call Pascoe and tell him to stop interviewing replacements then?

Yes, who knows what Pascoe has been thinking talking to these other candidates while we have a solid and committed coach already.

Pascoe must be a useless yeah. Fancy just going off of media reports and interviewing other coaches while we have one contracted. What an amateur :roll:
Last edited by The Patriot on Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:12 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Rothfiekd reported in the telegraph that WT Board has directed Pascoe not to release Cleary under any circumstances until minimum 1/2 million in compensation is paid.

He probably had a deadline and needed to get a quick story into press. Then came up with that one on his way to Stilettos in Camperdown.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/row ... qhs6d.html
in Ivan we distrust