TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:49 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:46 pm
Masterton wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 8:39 pm

Well, Manly just signed Hasler without Barrett leaving. What's the difference?
Noooooo!!!!
We dont want to pay both
Exactly, it might be a romantic idea to have Cleary scrub toilets for the next 2 years, but it means we’d have two coaches on the books.
But I thought the law experts on here said that wasn’t possible lol.
Barrett has submitted a resignation letter.
Cleary hasnt.

There-in lies the difference...most can see it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:02 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 2:19 am
It's come to arguing about what happened at the beginning of this whole saga...all I know is houses were lost lol ha lol..

:roll

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:04 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:00 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:46 pm

Noooooo!!!!
We dont want to pay both
Exactly, it might be a romantic idea to have Cleary scrub toilets for the next 2 years, but it means we’d have two coaches on the books.
Cleary hasnt.

So your saying according to employment law, if you submit a resignation and your employer declines it then you now operate under a different set of laws. By law now they can demote you and get you doing things outside of your contract with no ramifications. We really do have an employment expert on our hands here lol lol lol lol.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:09 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:05 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:23 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:04 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:51 pm

"As we expressed to Ivan this morning, the position of the club — and it's a really strong position — is that the club is going to fight for this. Under no circumstances will we be granting Ivan Cleary a release," Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said on Tuesday night.

Why would they need to express to Ivan any of this if he didn’t want to be released? Would be pretty strange I think.
That still does not mean he has asked for a release imo
So why did Pascoe tell us the club will fight for this. If Ivan didn’t want to go, there is nothing for Pascoe to fight.
In order to sound like he has control over Cleary,
iF Cleary asked for a release, why wouldn’t Pascoe have simply said in his release that “Ivan asked for a release”

He didn’t say that,,,,,,,,,,wHY.?
it would actually been more damming for Ivan , and he was obviously trying to make Cleary look as bad as he could
And even Go didn’t mention it , and after all it would have made the clubs position a lot better if he had said that,
Does Ivan have another son that we don’t know about? Because I think I just found him.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:47 am
tiger_one wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:52 pm
WT2K wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:42 pm

Has it been confirmed that he was in NZ? Apparently he's in the UK now. I'm sure you can work out he's not just there for the sights.
Is he having a pint with Maguire or Bennett..
Has to be Maguire; Uncle Benny is a tee-totaller.
Benny is a self confessed chocaholic

Get Darrell Lea on board , he won't be able to resist
Where do you see Darrell Lea working in the coach staff?
Is he like the anti strength and conditioning coach?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:49 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:09 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

So why did Pascoe tell us the club will fight for this. If Ivan didn’t want to go, there is nothing for Pascoe to fight.
iF Cleary asked for a release, why wouldn’t Pascoe have simply said in his release that “Ivan asked for a release”

it would actually been more damming for Ivan , and he was obviously trying to make Cleary look as bad as he could
And even Go didn’t mention it , and after all it would have made the clubs position a lot better if he had said that,
Does Ivan have another son that we don’t know about? Because I think I just found him.
Instead of smart ....e answers why don’t you look at facts , why would Pascoe or Go , NOT say that Ivan has asked for a release , ( if he had) instead of just making obscure comments,???
Its a bit like you , doesn’t make sense .

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
tiger_one wrote:
WT2K wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:42 pm

Has it been confirmed that he was in NZ? Apparently he's in the UK now. I'm sure you can work out he's not just there for the sights.

If he eats anywhere as much chocolate as you suggest then he must have worms the size of pythons inside him.He looks like a walking zombie

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:57 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:04 am
innsaneink wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Cleary hasnt.

So your saying according to employment law, if you submit a resignation and your employer declines it then you now operate under a different set of laws. By law now they can demote you and get you doing things outside of your contract with no ramifications. We really do have an employment expert on our hands here lol lol lol lol.
It certainly changes a lot of things, resigning was the silliest thing that Barrett could have done,unless he has something up his sleeve.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:57 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:40 pm

The club has NOT stated Ivan has asked for a release and was rejected.The club stated IF he asked for a release it would be rejected.A statement with a completely different meaning to what you claim.I know nothing about the actual state of affairs regarding the coaching.Everything else is speculation which some people wallow in
"As we expressed to Ivan this morning, the position of the club — and it's a really strong position — is that the club is going to fight for this. Under no circumstances will we be granting Ivan Cleary a release," Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said on Tuesday night.

Why would they need to express to Ivan any of this if he didn’t want to be released? Would be pretty strange I think.
The way i saw it is that Pascoe was quite rightly drawing the line in the sand and showing we would not be bullied by a richer more powerful club trying to get its way.That is my opinion on why he said it,you have a different opinion which is fine but it dosent mean your opinion is a fact

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:16 am

formerguest wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:48 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:26 am
formerguest wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:56 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:36 pm

FG, Any chance you can let us know where you saw that Ivan was quoted as saying that he wants to leave here NOW?
There’s been nothing like that that I’ve seen or heard.
It seems that you are just putting words into Clearys mouth to suit your argument,
If hes going to honour his contract, as he said he would,
Why are you saying that he’s dogging us
So far as I can see so far, he’s done nothing wrong , that could change, but so far he hasn’t
Yeah, you're argument has plenty of legs, he has done nothing, the club simply weren't prepared to release Cleary upon his contract finishing in 2020 and his relationship with Pascoe has been affected by Ivan wanting to leave when he was entitled to.

Your argument is nonsensical and you know it.
You almost answered your own post
He hasnt broken any NRL rules, or commercial laws or rules , or any contractual law or even any WTs rules.
His relationship with Pascoe is something that’s between them,
I’d be happy to change my mind if you can tell me what has he done wrong.l

I’m not asking about what you don’t like. Simply what has he done WRONG ,or what Law, rule,or regulation has he broken
Rubbish, I have never mentioned legality and his actions have not been affected by what I may, or, may not like.

If you now think one expecting more of their subordinates than of themselves, and especially when having portrayed otherwise publicly is not wrong, then fine, but I expect that is not the case
[/quote

I didn’t say thayanyones actions were influenced by what you think.
I meant that YOUR opinions of what Ivan clearly said is a reflection of your dislike of Cleary ,

And you seem to have forgotten my original question (or are ducking it) about where you heard or saw Ivan state that he wanted to leave now

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:19 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:40 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:26 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:34 pm

AVO and Patriots hate for Ivan is overwhelming without knowledge from the club....dont make this all about what you guys want...its the nrl and anything is possible...
The club has told us Ivan asked for a release and it was rejected. Pascoe has also told us that his relationship with Ivan Cleary has been fractured, what more do you want the club to say. They aren’t going to give us an update on how their negotiations with possibly 2 coaches and the panthers are going.
The club has NOT stated Ivan has asked for a release and was rejected.The club stated IF he asked for a release it would be rejected.A statement with a completely different meaning to what you claim.I know nothing about the actual state of affairs regarding the coaching.Everything else is speculation which some people wallow in

Back to the future: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/cleary-not- ... emain-firm
"Ivan has not asked for a release," Wests Tigers chair Marina Go said.
"Quality Stupidity"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:22 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:41 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:26 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 4:20 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 3:55 pm

I don't read it that way at all. I think if true it's saying you created this mess, you want it,you stump up some money.
PPC, if the rumours are true about a coaching merry-go-round, then each club (broncos, souths, tigers, panthers) would be willing to release a coach early to get the one they want. Now we ask for $500k on top of early release? All the cards fall down.

I’ve been wrong before :cry:
Maybe we always have. Maybe we have Madge locked down and we're like "well, we're set Gus and Ivan, when you're ready to come to the table with some dosh we're ready to let Ivan walk."
We can’t have Madge ‘locked down’ CB as that implies he’s signed a contract. Cleary is legally our coach until 2020.

All Penrith have to do is say were not paying $500k we will wait another two years for IC and all of a sudden we are screwed. At best, Madge has verbally agreed terms awaiting the MGR
The quoting fell apart so I waited until I got in front of a PC to edit as it's difficult on the phone.

Locked down was a poor choice of words on my part as I didn't mean to imply that a contract was signed. I mean to say that Madge may have agreed to terms should Ivan be released.

I don't buy the argument that Penrith have got what they wanted with Nathan resigning so Ivan isn't a priority now. Why did they sack Griffin with their finals run on the line and leave it in the hands of a rookie coach? That would have pretty much been unprecedented. Gus openly said they were interviewing replacements which implied that Ciraldo was certainly not their first choice. They are waiting for Ivan to be released, and they will not piss away two seasons with a rookie as it will be a spectacular failure on Gus' part.

They did not go to all the trouble they have and cause all this drama just to resign a halfback. They want him, and they will want him now.

If we have Madge, (or Bennett,) ready to go, Penrith have the risk if we are not prepared to release Cleary.

Moreover, what would be stopping the club signing on Madge or Bennett initially as a head of football or some such position?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:35 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:49 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Instead of smart ....e answers why don’t you look at facts , why would Pascoe or Go , NOT say that Ivan has asked for a release , ( if he had) instead of just making obscure comments,???

I dont know what Ivan asked for, but it certainly wasnt the time to announce to anyone that he had asked for a release.
Pascoe's responsibility is to protect the interest of the club first and to air something like that during the competition, and leading up to a game - if indeed it did occur - would have been irresponsible and not in our best interest.

Penrith exposed Ivan everything since has been an exercise in damage control - imo.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:40 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:35 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

I dont know what Ivan asked for, but it certainly wasnt the time to announce to anyone that he had asked for a release.
Pascoe's responsibility is to protect the interest of the club first and to air something like that during the competition, and leading up to a game - if indeed it did occur - would have been irresponsible and not in our best interest.

Penrith exposed Ivan everything since has been an exercise in damage control - imo.
Seems like an odd thing to do. Ruining the reputation of someone (who highly values their reputation) that is supposedly your friend and that you're trying to woo as your coach.
"Quality Stupidity"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:55 am

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:50 am
happy tiger wrote:
tiger_one wrote:
WT2K wrote:

If he eats anywhere as much chocolate as you suggest then he must have worms the size of pythons inside him.He looks like a walking zombie
:lol:

I just read it in his book , he enjoys dark chocolate , whereas the players go on the drink at end of season he settles with some fine dark chocolate to celebrate

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:09 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:04 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:40 am
Telltails wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Seems like an odd thing to do. Ruining the reputation of someone (who highly values their reputation) that is supposedly your friend and that you're trying to woo as your coach.
Seems like some here don’t want to admit that they’ve been pushing a dead horse, even when confronted by quotes from those who were present,
Now the storey is that Go and Pascoe were just protecting the club,BS

Is saying that you were wrong that hard to swallow?
Maybe because at the time it came so far from left field no one (including Go or Pascoe ) saw it coming

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:20 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:40 am
Telltails wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Time will tell. Just seems to me that they put the wheels in motion to get what they wanted.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:29 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:04 am
innsaneink wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Cleary hasnt.

No... You're saying it's by law.

I'm going by what's happening at Manly.

Its clear for all... or most... to see