Wests Tigers Discussion
TrueTiger

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:23 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:32 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:24 pm
Nothing left to say... It's all been said, over & over.. We wait now.

I'm waiting to hear something from the club before I get a membership... That's still debatable... I wonder how many others are in this boat.

I understand negotiations can be sensitive... But as a member I feel like a mushroom

Mate Iam with you, I have held off with my membership. It’s not a protest, just want the dust to settle before making a call

I dont care who is coaching us next year....I will pay my membership because I love the WTs and rugby league...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:32 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:25 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 3:55 pm
Telltails wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:20 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:40 am

Seems like an odd thing to do. Ruining the reputation of someone (who highly values their reputation) that is supposedly your friend and that you're trying to woo as your coach.
Time will tell. Just seems to me that they put the wheels in motion to get what they wanted.
So you really believe that two of the officers of the club would lie about what was said, simply to cover up for the club, this whole thing is getting dopier and dopier, mainly because a lot have based their fury for Cleary on the fact that he wanted a clearance and had asked for one,
Go And Pascoe were very clear in what they said and it certainly couldnt be mistaken , no matter how much you spin it, or hate Cleary.
Never once said they lied GCT said they are selective about information shared and would not say anything that could be damaging to the teams chances, the club, or the coach for that matter while ever he is contracted to the club - it would be poor management and unprofessional.
Never once said I hate Cleary, think he did a good job with the team this year, but dont believe he can continue to do what he started, in light of recent events. If the rumours are true about the club looking for a replacement, I hope its sorted soon.
There’s only two ways to look at what they said, if he didn’t ask for a release or if he did.
There’s no room for either to sugar coat anything or add on or take off anything.

Their statement could not have been more specific, they weren’t selective , they weren’t evasive
They were definite in saying that Cleary did not ask for a release, so if he did then they’re both lying
There’s no other alternative,
I never said that you specifically hated Cleary, but there’s suite a few Who do

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:55 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:47 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 3:20 pm
Stating the obvious - So in the above scenario Wayne would be our coach.
Not necessarily. We could get Maguire and Bennett retires.
Yoss please tell me there is no chance Cleary will be our coach in 2019, it has disaster written all over it if this happens.
Could still happen. Unlikely but could still happen.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:49 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Yoss please tell me there is no chance Cleary will be our coach in 2019, it has disaster written all over it if this happens.
Yoss,

In your opinion.
What would be the motivation for Bennett to leave the Broncos early?
Is it dependant on who they appoint for 2020.
Is there any thought of the Rabbitohs releasing Siebold early if he gets the gig?
Is Wayne still keen on us?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:55 pm

Is what Bennett had for breakfast this morning a clue?

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:56 pm

Cleary. Karma will get him guys. Karma will get him. Can’t wait to see it.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Post by 851 » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:59 pm

Yossarian wrote:
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Thanks mate, I have to have faith that Pascoe will not let it happen
Go hard or go home

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:08 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:34 pm
I love all the “present the facts only” arguments on here. This forum is more about passion, emotion and opinion than it is about facts. After a loss there are many many emotional opinions voiced - rarely based in fact. Thoughts on ex-players worth also opinion not fact.
Personally, it is my opinion that Cleary will not be here next year based on everything I’ve seen and heard. It is my opinion we are currently searching for a new coach. It is my opinion that Cleary was ordered to read the prepared statement by the CEO which is why he read it so blandly. It is my opinion that Cleary has disrespected this club. If in time I’m proven wrong, I’ll admit it as I’ve done before. Up until then I’ll post my opinions and I’ll respect anyone else who does the same thing.
It's my opinion that you have hit the nail right on the head.
Pacts are as rare as rocking horse poo, ATM.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:12 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:56 pm
Cleary. Karma will get him guys. Karma will get him. Can’t wait to see it.
You sound like the REAL Donald Trump....but, in the case I like it.....

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:13 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:49 pm
Yossarian wrote:
851 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Yoss,

In your opinion.
What would be the motivation for Bennett to leave the Broncos early?
Is it dependant on who they appoint for 2020.
Is there any thought of the Rabbitohs releasing Siebold early if he gets the gig?
Is Wayne still keen on us?
I really don't know the answer to all those questions. Why would Bennett leave? Because he's clearly not wanted and at best he gets one more year. I doubt he really cares who coaches in 2020 if it's not him.

Dunno what Souths intentions are. I'd personally think it's unlikely they'd let Seibold walk.

I've heard Bennett is warming to the idea of coaching us but it's no sure thing.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:36 pm

Broncos (Bennett) and Souths (Siebold) seem to have no great reason to jump as their coaching choices dont need to happen until end of next season.

WT are on a different priority as there is extreme doubt over Cleary being here in 2019 - again subject to WT accepting a request for early release and satisfactory compensation from Cleary / Penrith. Seems to me McGuire is in the box seat for availability, along with Demetriou (Bronco Asst Coach).

Interesting to see how this pans out, or will someone come totally out of left field if none of this falls the way we hope. There sure is a lot of 'depends' being relied on / wished for.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:05 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:56 pm
That would be funny
Just for the meltdowns
I'll pay that!
"Quality Stupidity"

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:59 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:35 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:49 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:09 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:05 am

In order to sound like he has control over Cleary,
iF Cleary asked for a release, why wouldn’t Pascoe have simply said in his release that “Ivan asked for a release”

He didn’t say that,,,,,,,,,,wHY.?
it would actually been more damming for Ivan , and he was obviously trying to make Cleary look as bad as he could
And even Go didn’t mention it , and after all it would have made the clubs position a lot better if he had said that,
Does Ivan have another son that we don’t know about? Because I think I just found him.
Instead of smart ....e answers why don’t you look at facts , why would Pascoe or Go , NOT say that Ivan has asked for a release , ( if he had) instead of just making obscure comments,???
Its a bit like you , doesn’t make sense .

I dont know what Ivan asked for, but it certainly wasnt the time to announce to anyone that he had asked for a release.
Pascoe's responsibility is to protect the interest of the club first and to air something like that during the competition, and leading up to a game - if indeed it did occur - would have been irresponsible and not in our best interest.

Penrith exposed Ivan everything since has been an exercise in damage control - imo.
Thank you. It’s pretty simple really.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:59 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:36 pm
Broncos (Bennett) and Souths (Siebold) seem to have no great reason to jump as their coaching choices dont need to happen until end of next season.

WT are on a different priority as there is extreme doubt over Cleary being here in 2019 - again subject to WT accepting a request for early release and satisfactory compensation from Cleary / Penrith. Seems to me McGuire is in the box seat for availability, along with Demetriou (Bronco Asst Coach).

Interesting to see how this pans out, or will someone come totally out of left field if none of this falls the way we hope. There sure is a lot of 'depends' being relied on / wished for.
It will get to the point where we need to drop off Bennett and go with Maguire.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:05 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:00 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:49 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:46 pm

Noooooo!!!!
We dont want to pay both
Exactly, it might be a romantic idea to have Cleary scrub toilets for the next 2 years, but it means we’d have two coaches on the books.
But I thought the law experts on here said that wasn’t possible lol.
Barrett has submitted a resignation letter.
Cleary hasnt.

There-in lies the difference...most can see it.
So your saying if you submit a resignation letter and your employer rejects it, and your job description is coach, your employer can now have you cleaning toilets? Enlighten me oh wise one.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:06 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:49 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:09 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:05 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 11:23 pm

So why did Pascoe tell us the club will fight for this. If Ivan didn’t want to go, there is nothing for Pascoe to fight.
In order to sound like he has control over Cleary,
iF Cleary asked for a release, why wouldn’t Pascoe have simply said in his release that “Ivan asked for a release”

He didn’t say that,,,,,,,,,,wHY.?
it would actually been more damming for Ivan , and he was obviously trying to make Cleary look as bad as he could
And even Go didn’t mention it , and after all it would have made the clubs position a lot better if he had said that,
Does Ivan have another son that we don’t know about? Because I think I just found him.
Instead of smart ....e answers why don’t you look at facts , why would Pascoe or Go , NOT say that Ivan has asked for a release , ( if he had) instead of just making obscure comments,???
Its a bit like you , doesn’t make sense .
So Penrith are on the record in saying that they approached Ivan and asked him if he was interested in coaching the panthers and he told them yes. What more facts do you want? Why would they lie??

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:16 pm

Saw a couple of articles today, one had Dallan Watene Zelezniak talking about being coached by Cleary again, the other had our own Benji Marshall talking about the Demetriou being an option.

How anyone can still think this is a media beat and that Cleary has every intention to honour his contract is simply beyond me.

Once the first coaching domino falls it will all come together, a new Wests Tigers coach will be appointed soon enough. Some of our members are going to need a little help coming to terms with the situation.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:33 pm

I dont think so.
Five coaches in five years means we all have come to terms before and we will again