2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6392
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:05 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:51 am
Needaname wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:35 pm
FWIW.
On league unlimited Souths forum are stating Shane Richardson is prepared to let Siebs go early if he accepts the Brisbane job.
Also a few internal rumours there about Souths might be another target for Wayne.
Personally think Souths is a much better fit for Wayne than us.
Clint is backing himself to have a dash at Julie Burgess ;)
A Much more likely result if he does leave the Broncs


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29636
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:18 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:03 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
seeing that he has a three year contract there from 2021 ,
And considering that it was signed After Nathan was contracted again, they must want him there.
Or it’s a lot of money to spend when they didn’t have to do it to get Nathan

Penrithmust have known that Nathan would stay anyway, he’d would be a fool to come here
With a team like they have, and with more coming through. Whenyou think about it
Why leave a first class team with a top quality pack for a forward pack that doesn’t give anyone a reason to get excited. ,, and a barely adequate backline,

Unless we’ve found a money tree somewhere, we can’t afford to keep him as well as another Coach just to prove a point, talking tough sounds good but reality soon takes over and they will have to release him ( if he wants to go,) at some time,
Penrith can afford to wait, they might even give us someone that they don’t need , as a face saver . , but I can’t believe that this has taken so long and it still hasn’t finished yet,
It doesn’t sound like ANY Coach is exactly breaking his neck to come here
We don’t need to be paying
We don’t have the
We do have one..planted out the back of Wests Ashfield..its blooming..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:01 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:03 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
seeing that he has a three year contract there from 2021 ,
And considering that it was signed After Nathan was contracted again, they must want him there.
Or it’s a lot of money to spend when they didn’t have to do it to get Nathan

Penrithmust have known that Nathan would stay anyway, he’d would be a fool to come here
With a team like they have, and with more coming through. Whenyou think about it
Why leave a first class team with a top quality pack for a forward pack that doesn’t give anyone a reason to get excited. ,, and a barely adequate backline,

Unless we’ve found a money tree somewhere, we can’t afford to keep him as well as another Coach just to prove a point, talking tough sounds good but reality soon takes over and they will have to release him ( if he wants to go,) at some time,
Penrith can afford to wait, they might even give us someone that they don’t need , as a face saver . , but I can’t believe that this has taken so long and it still hasn’t finished yet,
It doesn’t sound like ANY Coach is exactly breaking his neck to come here
We don’t need to be paying
We don’t have the
I’m sorry I’ve got to call you out here.
You’ve spend countless posts instructing everyone that Ivan has not mentioned any thing about a release and it’s BAU until an official call is made. It is your belief that it is just speculation until confirmed othewise.
But in that same context is the 2021 deal to Penrith.
Nowhere has it been confirmed that Ivan has signed a contract with Penrith for 2021, at this stage that is only speculation until an official statement is made.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:47 am

Needsa
Whether or not Ivan has agreed to coach Penrith from 2021 is no longer a disucussion. It is done and dusted. The ongoing saga (and this thread) is now about his replacement here (and what a dog Cleary is).
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Furious1 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am

mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.


andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:57 am

I emailed Justin and got a reply , I,asked about the coaching , New Players Coming , Pre Season , his reply was short but he did reply with in an hour
Pre Season for the Tigers Starts November 15 th
Well on the way to have coaches Sorted out
Will not play out any players / Coach negotiations in Public
So not much info but I feel we may well be on track to let the fans know all in a week or 2 , and the fact most info is only rumours our office is not leaking like it has done in the past , Fingers crossed it's done and dusted by the end October and we have coach and some new Players added to our club

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:06 am

It might be done and dusted BigS, but oddly, one or more still want to argue the catalyst for the whole situation and pretend that Ivan did not want to take off to Penrith and told the club just that months ago.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18137
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:38 am

Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.
Absolutely Furious. Many are forgetting that Penrith sacked a coach who had them in 5th place with four weeks to run before the finals, you don't make that kind of move on a whim. You don't do that unless you have identified a successor.

I gave Cleary benefit of the doubt to begin with when this story broke as when he got here he made a few simple demands of the players, and was willing to let go some of the bigger names in our team in order to reinforce that no one is bigger than the team. That bought a lot of goodwill with fans and advertised that he looked to be in it for the long haul and appeared to have integrity.

Even with the statements from the CEO and head of the board, it is pretty clear that Ivan looks to want out. Go and Pascoe could well have lied to the members and fans when they said Ivan had not requested a release, but that is damage control and brand protection. A lot of businesses will lie or keep the truth a secret in order to maintain confidence with their clientele and employees.

I'd love nothing more to make the guy work his contract out with us and keep him from living his obsession of coaching his son out of mere spite but we have not played finals footy since 2011, It's time to worry about ourselves and move Cleary on in order to land a coach that can bring us back into winners circle. As for him, well I hope the experiment goes terribly it backfires on Ivan and Penrith.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.
Absolutely Furious. Many are forgetting that Penrith sacked a coach who had them in 5th place with four weeks to run before the finals, you don't make that kind of move on a whim. You don't do that unless you have identified a successor.

I gave Cleary benefit of the doubt to begin with when this story broke as when he got here he made a few simple demands of the players, and was willing to let go some of the bigger names in our team in order to reinforce that no one is bigger than the team. That bought a lot of goodwill with fans and advertised that he looked to be in it for the long haul and appeared to have integrity.

Even with the statements from the CEO and head of the board, it is pretty clear that Ivan looks to want out. Go and Pascoe could well have lied to the members and fans when they said Ivan had not requested a release, but that is damage control and brand protection. A lot of businesses will lie or keep the truth a secret in order to maintain confidence with their clientele and employees.

I'd love nothing more to make the guy work his contract out with us and keep him from living his obsession of coaching his son out of mere spite but we have not played finals footy since 2011, It's time to worry about ourselves and move Cleary on in order to land a coach that can bring us back into winners circle. As for him, well I hope the experiment goes terribly it backfires on Ivan and Penrith.
Although I have suggested in previous posts that we are entitled to bring in a new coach and retain Cleary in some menial role, I actually agree with you 100%. It is time to move Cleary on and concentrate on getting the best possible coach (in my view that's Bennett) and a couple of quality NRL standard players.
But I would object to paying Cleary out. From day one it is Cleary who has wanted to leave and, if he had one shred of integrity, he would seek a release from his contract without expecting one cent from WT. Equally, I don't think it's realistic to expect compensation from Penrith but I guess it's possible. But sadly I think Cleary is now hanging on until he gets the boot from WT so he can play the victim and get a payout. In my view his "I intend to honour my contract" line has been carefully crafted from the start to ensure he was entitled to a payout. If I'm correct, what an absolute lowlife he is.

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:01 am

Needaname wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:01 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:03 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
seeing that he has a three year contract there from 2021 ,
And considering that it was signed After Nathan was contracted again, they must want him there.
Or it’s a lot of money to spend when they didn’t have to do it to get Nathan

Penrithmust have known that Nathan would stay anyway, he’d would be a fool to come here
With a team like they have, and with more coming through. Whenyou think about it
Why leave a first class team with a top quality pack for a forward pack that doesn’t give anyone a reason to get excited. ,, and a barely adequate backline,

Unless we’ve found a money tree somewhere, we can’t afford to keep him as well as another Coach just to prove a point, talking tough sounds good but reality soon takes over and they will have to release him ( if he wants to go,) at some time,
Penrith can afford to wait, they might even give us someone that they don’t need , as a face saver . , but I can’t believe that this has taken so long and it still hasn’t finished yet,
It doesn’t sound like ANY Coach is exactly breaking his neck to come here
We don’t need to be paying
We don’t have the
I’m sorry I’ve got to call you out here.
You’ve spend countless posts instructing everyone that Ivan has not mentioned any thing about a release and it’s BAU until an official call is made. It is your belief that it is just speculation until confirmed othewise.
But in that same context is the 2021 deal to Penrith.
Nowhere has it been confirmed that Ivan has signed a contract with Penrith for 2021, at this stage that is only speculation until an official statement is made.
Busted lol. He is very happy to shoot down any poster on this issue. But happy to use speculation to justify his point. Not much of a supporter either when he keeps talking down our team. Doesn’t think any coach would want to coach us, doesn’t think top players would want to come here. Wayyyyy too much negativity from a so called supporter.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7159
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:01 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:57 am
I emailed Justin and got a reply , I,asked about the coaching , New Players Coming , Pre Season , his reply was short but he did reply with in an hour
Pre Season for the Tigers Starts November 15 th
Well on the way to have coaches Sorted out
Will not play out any players / Coach negotiations in Public
So not much info but I feel we may well be on track to let the fans know all in a week or 2 , and the fact most info is only rumours our office is not leaking like it has done in the past , Fingers crossed it's done and dusted by the end October and we have coach and some new Players added to our club

Thanks for sharing that. Without actually saying anything, Pascoe has said what the media have been speculating. So from that email we are on the process of finding a new coach and releasing Cleary. Okay nothing 99% did not already know but good to get it from the main player.

Anyway good to know the cone of silence will soon be lifted

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:02 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:57 am
I emailed Justin and got a reply , I,asked about the coaching , New Players Coming , Pre Season , his reply was short but he did reply with in an hour
Pre Season for the Tigers Starts November 15 th
Well on the way to have coaches Sorted out
Will not play out any players / Coach negotiations in Public
So not much info but I feel we may well be on track to let the fans know all in a week or 2 , and the fact most info is only rumours our office is not leaking like it has done in the past , Fingers crossed it's done and dusted by the end October and we have coach and some new Players added to our club
Thanks for the info. The fact that he didn’t just say Ivan will be our coach and that’s it... tells me that most of what is being speculated is most likely happening in the background. I have faith in Pascoe.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18137
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:14 am

coivtny wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.
Absolutely Furious. Many are forgetting that Penrith sacked a coach who had them in 5th place with four weeks to run before the finals, you don't make that kind of move on a whim. You don't do that unless you have identified a successor.

I gave Cleary benefit of the doubt to begin with when this story broke as when he got here he made a few simple demands of the players, and was willing to let go some of the bigger names in our team in order to reinforce that no one is bigger than the team. That bought a lot of goodwill with fans and advertised that he looked to be in it for the long haul and appeared to have integrity.

Even with the statements from the CEO and head of the board, it is pretty clear that Ivan looks to want out. Go and Pascoe could well have lied to the members and fans when they said Ivan had not requested a release, but that is damage control and brand protection. A lot of businesses will lie or keep the truth a secret in order to maintain confidence with their clientele and employees.

I'd love nothing more to make the guy work his contract out with us and keep him from living his obsession of coaching his son out of mere spite but we have not played finals footy since 2011, It's time to worry about ourselves and move Cleary on in order to land a coach that can bring us back into winners circle. As for him, well I hope the experiment goes terribly it backfires on Ivan and Penrith.
Although I have suggested in previous posts that we are entitled to bring in a new coach and retain Cleary in some menial role, I actually agree with you 100%. It is time to move Cleary on and concentrate on getting the best possible coach (in my view that's Bennett) and a couple of quality NRL standard players.
But I would object to paying Cleary out. From day one it is Cleary who has wanted to leave and, if he had one shred of integrity, he would seek a release from his contract without expecting one cent from WT. Equally, I don't think it's realistic to expect compensation from Penrith but I guess it's possible. But sadly I think Cleary is now hanging on until he gets the boot from WT so he can play the victim and get a payout. In my view his "I intend to honour my contract" line has been carefully crafted from the start to ensure he was entitled to a payout. If I'm correct, what an absolute lowlife he is.
Agree on pretty much all points.

If Ivan had initially approached the club for a release, he should walk. I'm just a bush lawyer but I would guess that since the club has said they will not grant a release and Ivan has since said that he intends to honour his contract would see that if he was seeking a payout with his release that he would be entitled to it.

However, thinking out loud (and somewhat contradicting my comment about moving on quickly,) what is stopping WT from hiring Madge/Bennett as a coaching director, or head of football (pretty sure that's Kelly Egan's role but you get the idea,) and holding onto Cleary in the head coach role until Penrith are ready to pay for his release. Ivan wants to be there, Penrith need him there (I don't buy for a second that they want Ciraldo there as head coach in 2019,) and the longer we hold on, the more desperate Cleary and Penrith become.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:23 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:14 am
coivtny wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am


Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.
Absolutely Furious. Many are forgetting that Penrith sacked a coach who had them in 5th place with four weeks to run before the finals, you don't make that kind of move on a whim. You don't do that unless you have identified a successor.

I gave Cleary benefit of the doubt to begin with when this story broke as when he got here he made a few simple demands of the players, and was willing to let go some of the bigger names in our team in order to reinforce that no one is bigger than the team. That bought a lot of goodwill with fans and advertised that he looked to be in it for the long haul and appeared to have integrity.

Even with the statements from the CEO and head of the board, it is pretty clear that Ivan looks to want out. Go and Pascoe could well have lied to the members and fans when they said Ivan had not requested a release, but that is damage control and brand protection. A lot of businesses will lie or keep the truth a secret in order to maintain confidence with their clientele and employees.

I'd love nothing more to make the guy work his contract out with us and keep him from living his obsession of coaching his son out of mere spite but we have not played finals footy since 2011, It's time to worry about ourselves and move Cleary on in order to land a coach that can bring us back into winners circle. As for him, well I hope the experiment goes terribly it backfires on Ivan and Penrith.
Although I have suggested in previous posts that we are entitled to bring in a new coach and retain Cleary in some menial role, I actually agree with you 100%. It is time to move Cleary on and concentrate on getting the best possible coach (in my view that's Bennett) and a couple of quality NRL standard players.
But I would object to paying Cleary out. From day one it is Cleary who has wanted to leave and, if he had one shred of integrity, he would seek a release from his contract without expecting one cent from WT. Equally, I don't think it's realistic to expect compensation from Penrith but I guess it's possible. But sadly I think Cleary is now hanging on until he gets the boot from WT so he can play the victim and get a payout. In my view his "I intend to honour my contract" line has been carefully crafted from the start to ensure he was entitled to a payout. If I'm correct, what an absolute lowlife he is.
Agree on pretty much all points.

If Ivan had initially approached the club for a release, he should walk. I'm just a bush lawyer but I would guess that since the club has said they will not grant a release and Ivan has since said that he intends to honour his contract would see that if he was seeking a payout with his release that he would be entitled to it.

However, thinking out loud (and somewhat contradicting my comment about moving on quickly,) what is stopping WT from hiring Madge/Bennett as a coaching director, or head of football (pretty sure that's Kelly Egan's role but you get the idea,) and holding onto Cleary in the head coach role until Penrith are ready to pay for his release. Ivan wants to be there, Penrith need him there (I don't buy for a second that they want Ciraldo there as head coach in 2019,) and the longer we hold on, the more desperate Cleary and Penrith become.
If Cleary had a coaching only role in 2019 , I can live with that

Remember if Cleary dogs it this season with the WT's , he probably realizes if he doesn't win a premiership in the next 2-3 seasons he will become Gould's next excuse for termination and will be looking for another club

People won't forget , he would never get another serious Premiership contender coaching role in the NRL

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2363
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:26 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:57 am
I emailed Justin and got a reply , I,asked about the coaching , New Players Coming , Pre Season , his reply was short but he did reply with in an hour
Pre Season for the Tigers Starts November 15 th
Well on the way to have coaches Sorted out
Will not play out any players / Coach negotiations in Public
So not much info but I feel we may well be on track to let the fans know all in a week or 2 , and the fact most info is only rumours our office is not leaking like it has done in the past , Fingers crossed it's done and dusted by the end October and we have coach and some new Players added to our club
Hi Andrew 474, thanks for sharing this update with us on here.

Its pleasing to hear that the coaching issue that is being put out there by the press is in hand and will be resolved well before pre-season starts in just under 1 month. Its also pleasing that Pascoe responds to WT fans/members emails rather than ignore them

I'm also pleased how the club in the last year has refused to bow to any speculation by the media by not playing out negotiations in the media like some clubs do (newcastle, penriff to name just 2)...to me that shows maturity and professionalism that the club has lacked in the past...(remember the days of Mayer when he would tweet everything!.)...

I'm happy that all this speculation re: Cleary will be sorted before our pre-season starts....

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:36 am

tigerap wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:26 am
andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:57 am
I emailed Justin and got a reply , I,asked about the coaching , New Players Coming , Pre Season , his reply was short but he did reply with in an hour
Pre Season for the Tigers Starts November 15 th
Well on the way to have coaches Sorted out
Will not play out any players / Coach negotiations in Public
So not much info but I feel we may well be on track to let the fans know all in a week or 2 , and the fact most info is only rumours our office is not leaking like it has done in the past , Fingers crossed it's done and dusted by the end October and we have coach and some new Players added to our club
Hi Andrew 474, thanks for sharing this update with us on here.

Its pleasing to hear that the coaching issue that is being put out there by the press is in hand and will be resolved well before pre-season starts in just under 1 month. Its also pleasing that Pascoe responds to WT fans/members emails rather than ignore them

I'm also pleased how the club in the last year has refused to bow to any speculation by the media by not playing out negotiations in the media like some clubs do (newcastle, penriff to name just 2)...to me that shows maturity and professionalism that the club has lacked in the past...(remember the days of Mayer when he would tweet everything!.)...

I'm happy that all this speculation re: Cleary will be sorted before our pre-season starts....
I agree wholeheartedly , but I think we are doing overtime in regards to when a decision needed to be made by in my opinion

But if it means we get the absolute right person , I can live with that

If we end up with 3rd-5th choice coach from all those mentioned all we really did was start the new coach behind every other club in the comp

And if that happens , we then need to ask serious questions of Justin Pascoe , he needs to follow his mate Cleary back to Penrith :evil:

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2289
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:44 am

Sorry but that is Justin Pascoe's opinion that they are well on the way to sorting out the coaching.

I'll wait to hear something official thanks. . . .
Its an opinion!

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:51 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:44 am
Sorry but that is Justin Pascoe's opinion that they are well on the way to sorting out the coaching.

I'll wait to hear something official thanks. . . .
Exactly. Until Marina Go, Justin Pascoe and the new coach arrive at my front door to tell me to my face what's happening with the coaching situation it's unfortunately just more speculation and innuendo.

Post Reply