Wests Tigers Discussion
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by sheer64 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:53 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:44 am
Sorry but that is Justin Pascoe's opinion that they are well on the way to sorting out the coaching.

I'll wait to hear something official thanks. . . .
:roll
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:56 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.
Absolutely Furious. Many are forgetting that Penrith sacked a coach who had them in 5th place with four weeks to run before the finals, you don't make that kind of move on a whim. You don't do that unless you have identified a successor.

I gave Cleary benefit of the doubt to begin with when this story broke as when he got here he made a few simple demands of the players, and was willing to let go some of the bigger names in our team in order to reinforce that no one is bigger than the team. That bought a lot of goodwill with fans and advertised that he looked to be in it for the long haul and appeared to have integrity.

Even with the statements from the CEO and head of the board, it is pretty clear that Ivan looks to want out. Go and Pascoe could well have lied to the members and fans when they said Ivan had not requested a release, but that is damage control and brand protection. A lot of businesses will lie or keep the truth a secret in order to maintain confidence with their clientele and employees.

I'd love nothing more to make the guy work his contract out with us and keep him from living his obsession of coaching his son out of mere spite but we have not played finals footy since 2011, It's time to worry about ourselves and move Cleary on in order to land a coach that can bring us back into winners circle. As for him, well I hope the experiment goes terribly it backfires on Ivan and Penrith.
Yep, nothing more than a wolf in sheeps clothing it would seem.
When this very first reared it's head i thought "so what, that's a couple of years away", but as soon as i was told IC was the one who asked about next year my opinion of the guy changed dramatically. He certainly will never be able to complain about his integrity being questioned again, or mis-information being spread.

Memo to you Ivan, it's not mis-information when it's true..............coward.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:30 am

As frustrating as it is to have it drawing it out so long, i can't blame Pascoe for taking his time with this. His job is probably on the line.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:38 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:51 am
The Patriot wrote:
Sorry but that is Justin Pascoe's opinion that they are well on the way to sorting out the coaching.

Exactly. Until Marina Go, Justin Pascoe and the new coach arrive at my front door to tell me to my face what's happening with the coaching situation it's unfortunately just more speculation and innuendo.
Good stuff pattiot and avo

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:05 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Exactly. Until Marina Go, Justin Pascoe and the new coach arrive at my front door to tell me to my face what's happening with the coaching situation it's unfortunately just more speculation and innuendo.
You guys are killing me, lol lol lol

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:13 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:57 am
I emailed Justin and got a reply , I,asked about the coaching , New Players Coming , Pre Season , his reply was short but he did reply with in an hour
Pre Season for the Tigers Starts November 15 th
Well on the way to have coaches Sorted out
Will not play out any players / Coach negotiations in Public
So not much info but I feel we may well be on track to let the fans know all in a week or 2 , and the fact most info is only rumours our office is not leaking like it has done in the past , Fingers crossed it's done and dusted by the end October and we have coach and some new Players added to our club
thanks for sharing the info, andrew.
No more plodders!
:sign:

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:14 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

:roll
No more plodders!
:sign:

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:14 am

Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:56 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:38 am
Furious1 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:56 am
mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Wrong. Penrith want him and he wants to be there. It was Ivan that requested to go there next year. It was Ivan that "sounded out" Pascoe for a release. The board at Penrith has changed from the time Ivan was sacked last time and Ivans very good mate is now the Chairman. For all the flak Gould has copped over this, for once he was/is telling the truth in that he has had no negotiations, in fact nothing to do with Ivan going back there. The only way IC will be here next season is if WT enforce his contract.
Absolutely Furious. Many are forgetting that Penrith sacked a coach who had them in 5th place with four weeks to run before the finals, you don't make that kind of move on a whim. You don't do that unless you have identified a successor.

I gave Cleary benefit of the doubt to begin with when this story broke as when he got here he made a few simple demands of the players, and was willing to let go some of the bigger names in our team in order to reinforce that no one is bigger than the team. That bought a lot of goodwill with fans and advertised that he looked to be in it for the long haul and appeared to have integrity.

Even with the statements from the CEO and head of the board, it is pretty clear that Ivan looks to want out. Go and Pascoe could well have lied to the members and fans when they said Ivan had not requested a release, but that is damage control and brand protection. A lot of businesses will lie or keep the truth a secret in order to maintain confidence with their clientele and employees.

I'd love nothing more to make the guy work his contract out with us and keep him from living his obsession of coaching his son out of mere spite but we have not played finals footy since 2011, It's time to worry about ourselves and move Cleary on in order to land a coach that can bring us back into winners circle. As for him, well I hope the experiment goes terribly it backfires on Ivan and Penrith.
Yep, nothing more than a wolf in sheeps clothing it would seem.
When this very first reared it's head i thought "so what, that's a couple of years away", but as soon as i was told IC was the one who asked about next year my opinion of the guy changed dramatically. He certainly will never be able to complain about his integrity being questioned again, or mis-information being spread.

Memo to you Ivan, it's not mis-information when it's true..............coward.
Go and Pascoe will have to do what they have to do. If Ivan or any other coaches want a quiet word I expect them to put the tigers first, deny the quiet word happened or not mention it and stick with the line. Yes I would prefer credibility but I totally understand if say have a conversation with Bellamy, Robinson or anyone else and I would expect them to keep their yaps shut.

In fact Bennett was almost signed by Easts but they announced the signing early and he backed off.

As for Penrith, they seem totally disorganised. I don't believe Cleary, Nathan or Ivan demanded Hook to go.
He would have had to go because of Coaching issues. Gus wouldn't be dictated too by a young Nr7....
If it was young Nathan's ultimatum and he was going to be signed by Us or anyone else.... Gus would be an idiot to agree to it and agree before the finals.
Sacking a coach on the eve of the finals is the wrong call. Particularly in that young team. Anyway Penrif's problem.

As for us. The more I think about it, the more I think Cleary may stay this year. Then go Penrith next year with Bennett coming to us. If we put our defenses down for a second.... Bennett coming here would be a huge scoop, If Cleary stays on friendly terms it will create the least distraction. If Bennett and Cleary communicate on 2020 signings... It's a win win.
What's happening is happening. If we chill a bit, we may be able to work this non ideal situation to our advantage.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:19 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:30 am
As frustrating as it is to have it drawing it out so long, i can't blame Pascoe for taking his time with this. His job is probably on the line.
Agree.

If it means we come away with Madge or Bennett, I'll be happy. We'd all be furious if the club shot its load and ran out and signed another sub par coach, just because.

We need to trade up. Take the time to make it happen.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:24 am

The lurker now reporting Seibold to broncs next year in a swap for Bennett

I know he is not very reliable but who knows

Also i don't know how to post the link

He says Bennett wants out of Brisbane for personal reasons and that the rabbit's are prepared to offer a 3yr deal

Says Seibold will commit to broncs from 2020 and that rabbit's will than release him

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:29 am

"Patience is a Virtue"- this is what i was taught growing up so why can't we do the same :brick:
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

mtd

Post by mtd » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:57 am

It has to be Bennet or McGuire...

Ps cleary is a jerk

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:58 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:19 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Agree.

If it means we come away with Madge or Bennett, I'll be happy. We'd all be furious if the club shot its load and ran out and signed another sub par coach, just because.

X2
I am probably in the minority here but I am quite ok with how Pascoe and Go have handled the coaching situation to date.
They have made the weststigers position quite clear regarding the current coach.
It's good they are obviously engaged in discussions to get the right person as coach if (and when) cleary moves on.
Would prefer Bennett to Maguire if it comes down to these two.
No doubt puss, sorry gus Gould is hoping to get cleary asap.
I dislike sowfs immensely

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:09 pm

Some pretty cringy stuff in here. I tap out until something is in the news. Adios.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:24 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:58 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:19 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Agree.

X2
I am probably in the minority here but I am quite ok with how Pascoe and Go have handled the coaching situation to date.
They have made the weststigers position quite clear regarding the current coach.
It's good they are obviously engaged in discussions to get the right person as coach if (and when) cleary moves on.
Would prefer Bennett to Maguire if it comes down to these two.
No doubt puss, sorry gus Gould is hoping to get cleary asap.
i have no problem with how Pascoe and Go have handled it either. It's Cleary that i have a problem with and rightly or wrongly he wears the brunt of it due to the fact he knew the pain this club and it's supporters have been through over the years when he came here and by his actions has basically spat in the face of this club it's stakeholders and supporters.

Anyway that is it for me on the matter.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:13 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:09 pm
Some pretty cringy stuff in here. I tap out until something is in the news. Adios.
Agreed.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:24 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:09 pm
Reminds me of high school. A few frontal lobes still in need of being developed.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:32 pm

So I got this update from the CEO today regarding the coaching mess -

"Of course it will be sorted out – we have a very detailed plan that we are executing – unlike other clubs we are not doing any of our negotiating or implementation through the media"

I was happy to read this and believe we are in control but hope it finishes very soon.