2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
momo&medo

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by momo&medo » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:49 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:44 am
Sorry but that is Justin Pascoe's opinion that they are well on the way to sorting out the coaching.

I'll wait to hear something official thanks. . . .
Well that’s stating the bloody obvious!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:51 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:51 am
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:44 am
Sorry but that is Justin Pascoe's opinion that they are well on the way to sorting out the coaching.

I'll wait to hear something official thanks. . . .
Exactly. Until Marina Go, Justin Pascoe and the new coach arrive at my front door to tell me to my face what's happening with the coaching situation it's unfortunately just more speculation and innuendo.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:51 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:32 pm
So I got this update from the CEO today regarding the coaching mess -

"Of course it will be sorted out – we have a very detailed plan that we are executing – unlike other clubs we are not doing any of our negotiating or implementation through the media"

I was happy to read this and believe we are in control but hope it finishes very soon.
from both emails posted today, I believe we are in control of the situation and it's good that we are no longer leaking like a sieve. I'm positive the issue will be sorted within the next few weeks. Can't see it dragging out into preseason which is November 15.
No more plodders!
:sign:

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:55 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:30 am
As frustrating as it is to have it drawing it out so long, i can't blame Pascoe for taking his time with this. His job is probably on the line.
Exactly! Some rocket scientist on this forum recon they could resolve this complicated mess in no time flat!
Pascoe, the Board and it’s chair are doing a great job.
This is not their doing or the clubs fault and whatever the outcome I’m confident that whatever the outcome they have put a lot of time and effort to get the best possible result.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:05 pm

It is good to see the ship isn't leaking anymore either. Went to a golf day last week and Steve Roach was a guest speaker. He had zero clue about what was going on at WT and only parroted what had been spoken about in the media.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:25 pm

Great to see we have got some professionalism at the club and are keeping this in house.

I was under the impression that preseason started on November 1st so i'm glad to hear that it is the 15th means these a bit less pressure to get it sorted this week.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:49 pm

FWIW - Mole

David Furner is set to coach South Sydney in 2019 and turn his back on a lucrative contract with English club Leeds.

In the latest twist in the coaching merry-go-around, the Rabbitohs have given current coach Anthony Seibold until the end of this month to decide whether he will extend his contract at the club beyond the end of 2019.

Seibold is expected to say no, as he is eyeing the Broncos job, which is uncertain due to Wayne Bennett’s shaky relationship with the club.

That makes Seibold’s future at Souths untenable next season and the two are certain to part company.
Bennett was also linked with Souths but WWOS has been told the club prefers going with Furner, the current assistant coach of the Rabbitohs.

A former Kangaroo and premiership-winning forward at Canberra, Furner coached the Raiders with mixed results from 2009 to 2013.

He was recently appointed coach of Leeds but has a get-out clause in his deal.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:01 pm

Madge

Post by Madge » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm

Therefore Wayne is ours for 2019!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:05 pm
It is good to see the ship isn't leaking anymore either. Went to a golf day last week and Steve Roach was a guest speaker. He had zero clue about what was going on at WT and only parroted what had been spoken about in the media.
TBH - I think that is more a reflection of How far Roach is out of the WT Loop and the fact his primary occupation is being part of the media

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:09 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm
Therefore Wayne is ours for 2019!
Can only hope

It certainly gives us a better chance at getting him

Maguire may miss out altogether

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm

I hate to think we are a fallback option for all these coaches.

Great that Furners name has been thrown in the mix and smart by Souths, showing they have options and aren't desperate like we are starting to look.

I'd like to hear that we are conducting interviews with Demetriou, Walters, Bennet, Siebold Madge, Barrett, Ciraldo, Toovey and just about any other coach available in 19/20 and not just waiting to see who is left over.

I sort of like the idea of keeping all this behind closed doors, as Pascoe is suggesting, but we certainly look like the bottom of the list for the coaching merry go round at the moment.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

Tiger2135

Post by Tiger2135 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:40 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:09 pm
I sort of like the idea of keeping all this behind closed doors, as Pascoe is suggesting, but we certainly look like the bottom of the list for the coaching merry go round at the moment.
I don't mind being bottom of the list if we snag the best coach. :pray: :pray:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:54 pm

Whoever hired Cleary should be following out the door....oh..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:00 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:54 pm
Whoever hired Cleary should be following out the door....oh..
:crazy

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:05 pm

Tiger2135 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:40 pm
tiger05premier wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:09 pm
I don't mind being bottom of the list if we snag the best coach. :pray: :pray:
It’s just reality of how things operate in real world.
We have two clear choices and Bennett seems to be the preferred one. I’m sure We could easily live with our second choice if it comes to that.
So if he has two choices also (which is only speculation anyway) and we are his second choice ..... why couldn’t we live with that?

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:12 pm

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:49 pm
FWIW - Mole

David Furner is set to coach South Sydney in 2019 and turn his back on a lucrative contract with English club Leeds.

In the latest twist in the coaching merry-go-around, the Rabbitohs have given current coach Anthony Seibold until the end of this month to decide whether he will extend his contract at the club beyond the end of 2019.

Seibold is expected to say no, as he is eyeing the Broncos job, which is uncertain due to Wayne Bennett’s shaky relationship with the club.

That makes Seibold’s future at Souths untenable next season and the two are certain to part company.
Bennett was also linked with Souths but WWOS has been told the club prefers going with Furner, the current assistant coach of the Rabbitohs.

A former Kangaroo and premiership-winning forward at Canberra, Furner coached the Raiders with mixed results from 2009 to 2013.

He was recently appointed coach of Leeds but has a get-out clause in his deal.
This is very interesting - perhaps the first domino to fall. You'd have to think we'd be a decent chance to get Bennett if Brisbane let him leave a year early to accommodate Seibold.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:21 pm

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm
I hate to think we are a fallback option for all these coaches.

Great that Furners name has been thrown in the mix and smart by Souths, showing they have options and aren't desperate like we are starting to look.

I'd like to hear that we are conducting interviews with Demetriou, Walters, Bennet, Siebold Madge, Barrett, Ciraldo, Toovey and just about any other coach available in 19/20 and not just waiting to see who is left over.

I'm confused. What has the club said or done to make them look desperate? This thread has had more than enough melodramatics.