2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
InBenjiWeTrust

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:24 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:29 am
"Patience is a Virtue"- this is what i was taught growing up so why can't we do the same :brick:
correct, however, for a bunch of children with short attention span, something new event must be happening every micro second :deadhorse:

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:27 pm

Make it Wayne

TJL

Post by TJL » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:34 pm

This is an absolute fiasco no matter what happens.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:39 pm

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm
I hate to think we are a fallback option for all these coaches.

Great that Furners name has been thrown in the mix and smart by Souths, showing they have options and aren't desperate like we are starting to look.

I'd like to hear that we are conducting interviews with Demetriou, Walters, Bennet, Siebold Madge, Barrett, Ciraldo, Toovey and just about any other coach available in 19/20 and not just waiting to see who is left over.

I sort of like the idea of keeping all this behind closed doors, as Pascoe is suggesting, but we certainly look like the bottom of the list for the coaching merry go round at the moment.
It doesn't bode very well for us does it? The fact that we are having to bend over backwards to even get Bennett interested in coaching us doesn't fill me with great confidence. Both Siebold and Maguire seem to want the Broncos job as their first choice, Bennett is happy to come to Sydney so he can continue coaching, but I get the feeling he would rather take over at the Rabbits (or any other club with a stronger squad) than at the Tigers. I suppose the one saving grace is that we haven't yet been outright rejected like Manly were by Maguire (or so it was reported), but it still won't make me feel too good if we end up being someone's booby prize coaching gig because they missed out on their preferred option.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:46 pm

Souths was never an option for Wayne, they always had Furner in mind

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:46 pm

Geez the mood changes quickly here...

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:46 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:39 pm
Toowoomba Tiger wrote:

Great that Furners name has been thrown in the mix and smart by Souths, showing they have options and aren't desperate like we are starting to look.

I'd like to hear that we are conducting interviews with Demetriou, Walters, Bennet, Siebold Madge, Barrett, Ciraldo, Toovey and just about any other coach available in 19/20 and not just waiting to see who is left over.

I sort of like the idea of keeping all this behind closed doors, as Pascoe is suggesting, but we certainly look like the bottom of the list for the coaching merry go round at the moment.
It doesn't bode very well for us does it? The fact that we are having to bend over backwards to even get Bennett interested in coaching us doesn't fill me with great confidence. Both Siebold and Maguire seem to want the Broncos job as their first choice, Bennett is happy to come to Sydney so he can continue coaching, but I get the feeling he would rather take over at the Rabbits (or any other club with a stronger squad) than at the Tigers. I suppose the one saving grace is that we haven't yet been outright rejected like Manly were by Maguire (or so it was reported), but it still won't make me feel too good if we end up being someone's booby prize coaching gig because they missed out on their preferred option.
It's not unsurprising that we're not 1st choice for many coaches -we're just not one of the top teams in the league. We don't have a great roster nor to we have very good facilities.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:46 pm
Geez the mood changes quickly here...
I’m still upbeat. Even if we get our second pick in Madge.

But I’ll be ecstatic with Wayne

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:48 pm

And don’t forget an unemployed coach can sign knowing that the contract means nothing if they can get a better offer.

We will just sit at the bottom of the pile, await the fallout and sign another coach with limited options at that time

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:50 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:24 am
The lurker now reporting Seibold to broncs next year in a swap for Bennett

I know he is not very reliable but who knows

Also i don't know how to post the link

He says Bennett wants out of Brisbane for personal reasons and that the rabbit's are prepared to offer a 3yr deal

Says Seibold will commit to broncs from 2020 and that rabbit's will than release him
Update...its now Seibold to the Broncos for 2020, but Bunnies want him out now and will replace him with Furner...Rabbitohs dont want Bennett

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:52 pm

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:

Sorta feels like that doesn't it.....

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:00 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:50 pm
tiger05premier wrote:

He says Bennett wants out of Brisbane for personal reasons and that the rabbit's are prepared to offer a 3yr deal

Says Seibold will commit to broncs from 2020 and that rabbit's will than release him
Update...its now Seibold to the Broncos for 2020, but Bunnies want him out now and will replace him with Furner...Rabbitohs dont want Bennett
Why the hell would the Rabbits want to get rid of Seibold anyway? He's a great coach, had them playing some really good footy again this season after only a short time at the helm - it's madness! Broncos are going to be the big winners out of all of this.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:03 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:46 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:39 pm
Toowoomba Tiger wrote:

It's not unsurprising that we're not 1st choice for many coaches -we're just not one of the top teams in the league. We don't have a great roster nor to we have very good facilities.
Yeah that's life eh?
Top coaches like top players have choices... Top coaches Dont thave to prove anything to anyone despite mugs on forums calling for them to take up the challenge of coaching a bottom team... They've earnt their position on the pecking order

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:07 pm

Christ, what a pity party.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:08 pm

The way all the Kiwi Test players are talking up Maguire lately, he may end up coaching at the Warriors soon! Just shove Kearney out the door :lol:

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:18 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:00 pm
tigerap wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:

Why the hell would the Rabbits want to get rid of Seibold anyway? He's a great coach, had them playing some really good footy again this season after only a short time at the helm - it's madness! Broncos are going to be the big winners out of all of this.
Same reason we have with Ivan, if the rumours are true about his move to Brisbane, his mind is elsewhere.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:18 pm

The last couple have pages have deteriorated.

From all reports Bennett is our number one option. From all reports we are his number one option. The issue seems to be 2019 vs 2020.

It will play out once the Broncos select their 2020 coach. Enough about being every coach's last option already. Errrrrr
Its an opinion!

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 5:23 pm

tigerap wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:

What a mess.