2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
WT2K

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by WT2K » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:38 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:16 pm
Saw a couple of articles today, one had Dallan Watene Zelezniak talking about being coached by Cleary again, the other had our own Benji Marshall talking about the Demetriou being an option.

How anyone can still think this is a media beat and that Cleary has every intention to honour his contract is simply beyond me.

Once the first coaching domino falls it will all come together, a new Wests Tigers coach will be appointed soon enough. Some of our members are going to need a little help coming to terms with the situation.
kinda feel like the clubs using Benji to send the members and fans a message ie Demetriou.
No more plodders!
:sign:

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:44 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Saw a couple of articles today, one had Dallan Watene Zelezniak talking about being coached by Cleary again, the other had our own Benji Marshall talking about the Demetriou being an option.

How anyone can still think this is a media beat and that Cleary has every intention to honour his contract is simply beyond me.

Once the first coaching domino falls it will all come together, a new Wests Tigers coach will be appointed soon enough. Some of our members are going to need a little help coming to terms with the situation.
Couldn’t have said it better. Some posters still think Ivan only met with the Penrith boss because he was selling his house or something lol. They definitely have their head in the sand. It’s so obvious what’s going on that my ten year old gets it.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm

WT2K wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:

kinda feel like the clubs using Benji to send the members and fans a message ie Demetriou.

I dont know about other people but i think its a bad look for Benji to be so vocal on all this. Imagine if Farah was having his say, people would be losing their minds.

Anyhow last week Benji was talking up Bennett, this week Demetriou. Both times he makes a point of saying Madge is a great guy. Havent seen an article where Madge is his first choice.

He should be a little more impartial.

Perhaps he is like you mentioned being used by the club to generate an outcome?
Its an opinion!

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm

I think Pascoe is a tricky operator using the media to throw everyone off the scent. He is meeting with the POM awaiting Broncos to announce Seibold for 2019 and swoop on Uncle Wayne in England. He’s also offering the best looking secretaries in the NRL.

How’s that for a rumour.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm

Ivan and Paul O'Neil were photographed at ANZ Stadium chatting, they were in adjoining corporate boxes during the Warriors Panthers Final.
I suppose they were just comparing the different wines in they were drinking.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm

TYGA wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm
I think Pascoe is a tricky operator using the media to throw everyone off the scent. He is meeting with the POM awaiting Broncos to announce Seibold for 2019 and swoop on Uncle Wayne in England. He’s also offering the best looking secretaries in the NRL.

How’s that for a rumour.
Hope its better than your ''big news next week/last week'' one

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:58 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:

I dont know about other people but i think its a bad look for Benji to be so vocal on all this. Imagine if Farah was having his say, people would be losing their minds.

Anyhow last week Benji was talking up Bennett, this week Demetriou. Both times he makes a point of saying Madge is a great guy. Havent seen an article where Madge is his first choice.

He should be a little more impartial.

Perhaps he is like you mentioned being used by the club to generate an outcome?
Yeah I wish the club was telling players to plead ignorant in the meantime. It's just fluff but it is still not a good look.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:59 pm

TYGA wrote:

How’s that for a rumour.
maybe the POM is Pascoe :shock:
No more plodders!
:sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:01 pm

Wow you go to a basilica and 12 pages go by..wot I miss...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:03 pm

Who cares about arguing he said she said garbage. Where do you lot get the energy after 2 months?

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
TYGA wrote:

How’s that for a rumour.
Keep your info coming Tyga. Most on here appreciate it. Some can’t handle when posters like yourself are in the know.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:17 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:13 pm
Needaname wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:49 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 5:55 pm

Yoss please tell me there is no chance Cleary will be our coach in 2019, it has disaster written all over it if this happens.
Could still happen. Unlikely but could still happen.
Yoss,

In your opinion.
What would be the motivation for Bennett to leave the Broncos early?
Is it dependant on who they appoint for 2020.
Is there any thought of the Rabbitohs releasing Siebold early if he gets the gig?
Is Wayne still keen on us?
I really don't know the answer to all those questions. Why would Bennett leave? Because he's clearly not wanted and at best he gets one more year. I doubt he really cares who coaches in 2020 if it's not him.

Dunno what Souths intentions are. I'd personally think it's unlikely they'd let Seibold walk.

I've heard Bennett is warming to the idea of coaching us but it's no sure thing.
Cheers for the update.
Appreciate it all the same.
I like your last point.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm

I know i’ve said I’d be against a rookie, but I’d be open to Demetriou. Rookies are fine as long as they have a good pedigree. A highly regarded assistant at a marquee club. You’d think he’d know his stuff.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
TYGA wrote:

How’s that for a rumour.
Not likely I was attempting humour this time. Last week I was told from a reliable person Maguire was signed and going to be announced. He’s still adamant by I lost faith as it wasn’t announced. He may well be right but it’s hardly a scoop now I could guess the same and be right.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:55 pm
Is what Bennett had for breakfast this morning a clue?
Darrell Lea Chocolate followed by a Gloria Jeans Hot Chocolate.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:30 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:06 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:49 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 7:09 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:05 am

In order to sound like he has control over Cleary,
iF Cleary asked for a release, why wouldn’t Pascoe have simply said in his release that “Ivan asked for a release”

He didn’t say that,,,,,,,,,,wHY.?
it would actually been more damming for Ivan , and he was obviously trying to make Cleary look as bad as he could
And even Go didn’t mention it , and after all it would have made the clubs position a lot better if he had said that,
Does Ivan have another son that we don’t know about? Because I think I just found him.
Instead of smart ....e answers why don’t you look at facts , why would Pascoe or Go , NOT say that Ivan has asked for a release , ( if he had) instead of just making obscure comments,???
Its a bit like you , doesn’t make sense .
So Penrith are on the record in saying that they approached Ivan and asked him if he was interested in coaching the panthers and he told them yes. What more facts do you want? Why would they lie??
Why wouldn’t he answer yes to the question, that’s public knowledge,
But it does not mean that he Told Go and Pascoe that he wanted a release, and both of those people made it clear that he didn’t ask. That’s what some people can’t seem to understand.
Probably he will end up at the Panthers , I’ve never said that he wouldn’t, what I’ve said is that he Hasnt done anything wrong , and hasn’t broken any rules, and didn’t ask for a release at that stage,,

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:33 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm
I know i’ve said I’d be against a rookie, but I’d be open to Demetriou. Rookies are fine as long as they have a good pedigree. A highly regarded assistant at a marquee club. You’d think he’d know his stuff.
Same as Adam O'Brien from the Storm, I know that he has signed with the Roosters.
Most assistant coaches have a get out clause, if they are offered a Head Coach position.
There was talk of South's looking at him if Seibold, was granted an earl release to join the Broncos.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:35 pm

No coach is going to take on a care takers role for 1 year while we wait for Bennett. He's either with us or he's not .. and if he's not .. then we will have a new permanent coach soon