2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Cultured Bogan

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:44 pm

matchball wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:35 pm
Ask yourself is Madge an upgrade on Cleary?
Yes.
So I don't see a problem if he wants to leave to make way for someone better.

Not sure why people feel so hard done by Cleary.
He did us a favour.
Just because we landed on our feet, it doesn't excuse what he did.

Yeah, we got a better coach and heavily subsidised in his first year, but there are other things to consider such as Madge wanting to send on players whom will not fit in with his system. We could well end up carrying fare on a number of other players elsewhere. Ivan had recruited with a plan and has bailed two years into four. Madge will now have to make reparations to a squad he has inherited.

My biggest fear is that we wind up once again paying for players to be elsewhere for years to come.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:45 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:44 pm
matchball wrote:
Yes.

He did us a favour.

Yeah, we got a better coach and heavily subsidised in his first year, but there are other things to consider such as Madge wanting to send on players whom will not fit in with his system. We could well end up carrying fare on a number of other players elsewhere. Ivan had recruited with a plan and has bailed two years into four. Madge will now have to make reparations to a squad he has inherited.

My biggest fear is that we wind up once again paying for players to be elsewhere for years to come.
Great post.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:47 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
matchball wrote:
Yes.

He did us a favour.

Weren't we at one stage looking at the Panthers' fullback? The Panthers' winger who was up for grabs before signing a new contract has been out there praising Cleary. When you look at potentially lost opportunities, the extent of the conflict of interest is signficant.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:47 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
matchball wrote:
Yes.

He did us a favour.

Weren't we at one stage looking at the Panthers' fullback? The Panthers' winger who was up for grabs before signing a new contract has been out there praising Cleary. When you look at potentially lost opportunities, the extent of the conflict of interest is signficant.
Good point. I know we're hardly upset about Grant and MWZ heading back to Penrith, but what if they had done so with prior knowledge of whom the coach will be next year. The extent of Ivan's conduct may precede the initial meeting he had with Pascoe.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 4:46 pm

Well they kept it secret real good if Ivan told them something different to what he told Farah

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:18 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:14 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm
I'm just glad every time our coach talks to the media now, half of the questions won't revolve around the coaches son. It was getting way out of hand and becoming the Ivan and Nathan show. His whole tenure was a circus.

Its good that we were disicive and acted straight away, because had we left him in charge, we would have missed the boat on Maguire, as he would have been snapped up by somebody. Probably Parra.
For someone who posts about bad spelling all the time that's a very interesting way to spell decisive..
Allow me to remove myself from under your skin, cos that’s obviously where I am.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:53 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:27 pm
I can't believe fans here are still complaining about the signing of our new coach, Madge. I for one am glad the debacle is over and we can get on with the preseason and 2019 onwards.
Yes, it was crap that Ivan betrayed the trust of many, but I'm not blaming management for that - in fact I think that the way WT's management have handled this whole affair has been a credit to them (and us, as fans)- especially when I look back over past years. In the end we have somehow achieved a pretty decent result out of a very difficult and complex situation that was not of our making - and we did that professionally, with some style and grace.
In my view Maguire was probably the best option we could have had and certainly the best for us, that was available, (including Bennett, who I believe never really wanted to come to WT's).
So now that this is a done deal, let's look ahead and get the best out of it - who knows we might all be looking back at this in a couple of seasons and saying it was the best thing that ever happened to us!
You'r probably right. But I get the impression from Pascoe and Go's statements that Bennet was never a serious option for us. Even if he were interested, he wasn't prepared to come until 2020, and we weren't prepared to wait - ie, to keep IC on for 2019 and then appoint him for two years only.

With Madge we get a coach for 2019 and one who, hopefully, stays with us long term.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm

I heard Chris Smith giving Iv a gob full on the radio today.
I think that he even called him dog's droppings.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:13 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 7:09 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 7:02 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 6:53 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 4:17 pm
Don’t know how to post it but I just saw on Facebook a Paul Crawley tweet: “at what point does Ivan Cleary owe WestsTigers fans an explanation?”
This is not going away any time soon😉
When it doesn’t sell papers any more it will cool off
O'Neill on Ch9 was interviewed and forced to fend off suggestions Gould and IC don't get on. This may get interesting.
Was it the Guy wearing glasss...?.....If so that was their CEO Bryan Fletcher....sounded like a real tool....
Brian Fletcher is a real peanut. Cant think of a worse CEO atm. Another puppet without a brain.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:58 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
Yep, he didn’t miss! https://www.2gb.com/podcast/chris-smith ... -oct-2018/ From the 20:00 mark.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:59 pm

matchball wrote:
Yes.

He did us a favour.
Agree completely.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:07 pm

helmesy wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:58 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Yep, he didn’t miss! https://www.2gb.com/podcast/chris-smith ... -oct-2018/ From the 20:00 mark.
Thanks for this. He certainly didn’t hold back.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:23 pm

Can I say we should try and make Gus Gould's life as bad as we can possibly make it every Channel 9 game he covers that we are involved in

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:31 pm

matchball wrote:
Yes.

He did us a favour.
That’s easy, betrayal. People fell in love with the guy and bought into everything he did. Some argued he was the best thing to ever happen to this club. When you feel that strongly about someone, love can easily turn to hate. Regardless of us ending up with a better coach, a lot feel totally rorted. The same way, a lot felt when the 3 left at the end of 2017. You probably shouldn’t, but you can’t help take it personally.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:31 pm

helmesy wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
That was awesome

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:32 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:31 pm
helmesy wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
That was awesome
Hahaha

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:23 pm
Can I say we should try and make Gus Gould's life as bad as we can possibly make it every Channel 9 game he covers that we are involved in
What and like win :)
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Post by 851 » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:04 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
A pretty good serve too, and being a souths supporter it must of hurt him to give Seibold a serve as well
Go hard or go home