2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by quintus » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 9:48 pm

We hold all the aces....Penrith must be made to cough up big dollars for a starting point....Tighten the screws Wests Tigers.... :sign:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:12 pm

quintus wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 9:48 pm
We hold all the aces....Penrith must be made to cough up big dollars for a starting point....Tighten the screws Wests Tigers.... :sign:
We don't want to try and be too cute. Just get Bennett on board for next year, that's all they need to make sure of.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:42 pm

quintus wrote:
I keep coming back to this as well. There's no way Penrith will want a caretaker coach for the next 2 years. Make them give us James Fisher-Harris and Waqa Blake in return.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:45 pm

Sabre wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:42 pm
quintus wrote:
I keep coming back to this as well. There's no way Penrith will want a caretaker coach for the next 2 years. Make them give us James Fisher-Harris and Waqa Blake in return.
And there's no way we want Cleary either. It's delicate with no one having a great advantage.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:47 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:45 pm
Sabre wrote:
quintus wrote:
And there's no way we want Cleary either. It's delicate with no one having a great advantage.
Really we just need to work it so that we get a decent coach and don’t have to pay a cent for Ivan to leave. Anything extra is s bonus at this stage

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:51 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:47 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:45 pm
Sabre wrote:
quintus wrote:
Really we just need to work it so that we get a decent coach and don’t have to pay a cent for Ivan to leave. Anything extra is s bonus at this stage
I agree. No need to feel that weve gotten over the too of anyone. Just a good coach asap.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 11:12 pm

The point here is that no club can just gift a player to another club unless that player wants to go. I agree that we just need to sort out a good coach for ourselves at no extra cost.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 11:16 pm

It’s certainly a delicate negotiation. Imagine signing a new coach and the Ivan refusing to leave. We’d be stuck paying two coaches. Or vice versa, imagine releasing Ivan only for the coach we wanted to back out of the deal. Then we’d be stuck with no one. So they basically have to negotiate two deals simultaneously, which is no mean feat.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 11:20 pm

If this is true...and it looks like it’s 99% going to happen, I know players and probably coaches check out fan forums......so here is my memo to Ivan Cleary...

Dear Ivan,

After the Wests Tigers threw you a coaching lifeline, after Gus Gould dumped you in 2015, you talked up that you intend to rebuild the club, change its culture to a winning one, you gave the fans hope that you committed for the long haul.

In 2017 you coined the phrase “on the bus”, that became your mantra, players had a choice to either get on the bus or off it!. You let 3 promising juniors off the bus at the nearest bus stop as you felt they were not committed to the club. You convinced a number of players from other clubs to hop on the bus long term as you gave them a vision of a long term commitment and rebuilding programme, they bought into your vision and mantra.

You were given full reins of the football club by our CEO and Board, Marina Go openly stated that you have full ownership of the clubs roster and if you wanted to bring your son over that would be your call. It became clear the last 2 months, for whatever reason, that you were not going to bring across your son to the W.T. to fulfil both your dreams of coaching/playing together. So you abandoned our club. Having filled the bus with committed players and fans, you jumped off the bus and left all on board the bus without a driver. You failed to walk the talk about being “on the WT bus”; your integrity as a person and a man of his word has taken a massive hit.

Good luck at Penrith; good luck with your second marriage to Gus and Penrith, we all know how your second Penrith marriage will eventually end; good luck fulfilling your dream and coaching your son, bear in mind all the Penrith players will be looking at you when your sons form dips and how your react and manage it; Good luck trying to have the same support and full ownership of the football club from Penrith that you enjoyed in your short time at the WT; we know when the road gets a bit rocky Gus will intervene and you will be his puppet!; Good luck with restoring your integrity, you joined the WT as a man with high integrity and leave with the complete opposite.

As for the West Tigers, their fans, sponsors and players they will move on, you will go down as their worst coach in their short history; we will get a coach who is fully committed to coaching with no personal/family agendas impeding his goals.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 12:14 am

steve-o wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 11:16 pm
It’s certainly a delicate negotiation. Imagine signing a new coach and the Ivan refusing to leave. We’d be stuck paying two coaches. Or vice versa, imagine releasing Ivan only for the coach we wanted to back out of the deal. Then we’d be stuck with no one. So they basically have to negotiate two deals simultaneously, which is no mean feat.
Not that hard since IC & WB have the same manager .

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 12:25 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 6:09 pm
yeti wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 3:19 pm
Elias is an embarrassment - to himself really - but to Wests Tigers by association (association thanks to the media)!
As much as I am bitterly disappointed by Cleary, he did not 'get rid' of Woods, Tedesco and Moses.
And to say we are a laughing stock is ridiculous.
Benny is a twat.
Nine have swooped and running with it tonite... I wish someone would shut him up permanently.
I heard a punter on a sports radio program complain about Mr rent a comment... Saying he's no WTs representative... They shut him down because they all know he's good for them... Controversy Wether it be correct or factual
Another castrated Lamb.

:roll

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 3:24 am

Conniving Gould could not stoop any lower to ruin a club in order to meet his own selfish needs.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 3:39 am

Apparently Maguire knocked back the Manly job.......it could suggest he's either coming here or going to the Bronco's and Bennett will be coming here.

Disappointed with IC to say the least, can't see it working out at the Panthers......he, his son and the board there will be under a lot of pressure.

liltiger

Post by liltiger » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 3:49 am

Not sure if anyones interested just an article about the tigers being too much work for Bennett.

www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.couriermail ... 859b6bf933

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 4:15 am

I've suddenly gained an ounce of respect for Mitch Moses now. At least when he dogged us he did it in our faces and had the balls to ask for a release because he didnt want to be here. Even when he knew his request would be denied he still lodged his request.

This maggot is getting that bee sting eyed punce to do his dirty work for him. He's dogging us in a dogs way. Come on Maggot, grow a pair and ask for a release.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 5:34 am

yeti wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 3:19 pm
Elias is an embarrassment - to himself really - but to Wests Tigers by association (association thanks to the media)!
As much as I am bitterly disappointed by Cleary, he did not 'get rid' of Woods, Tedesco and Moses.
And to say we are a laughing stock is ridiculous.
Benny is a twat.
Benny was without doubt one of my favourite players but he is and always has been a complete .............. off the field

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 5:37 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 4:45 pm
Bennett is a chill dude. When i was in high school i saw the Broncos team get off the bus near the city. I didn't follow the Bronx but my close mate did so i asked them for their autograph. They all walked past me and Bennett stopped a few of them and got them to sign autographs for me.
Oh well that’s it then,he’s the coach for us
Too bad that he said yesterday he is Coaching the Broncos next season.
Anyway he wouldn’t be bringing many , if any young blokes with him as almost all have re signed with the broncos
Just more Journos making their own news.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 6:39 am

liltiger wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 3:49 am
Not sure if anyones interested just an article about the tigers being too much work for Bennett.

www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.couriermail ... 859b6bf933
That’s true but easy coaching jobs aren’t easy to get because the incumbents are already doing a reasonable job . Holding out for a gig at a stronger club to get punted next year would be high risk for him . At his age he couldn’t be without a job for a year then expect to get back into it .
The only other obvious vacancies coming up are Manly & Parra