Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:10 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:27 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:21 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:19 pm

Did they say it would be a disaster? I don't remember that.
Well I m not quoting directly but both said it would be difficult working for a coach who had signed elsewhere
Try quoting directly. What you have said is not what I remember.
Who cares what you remember.
I do! You made a statement, now back it up. What did each player actually say? Or doesn't that fit your generalisation?
"Quality Stupidity"

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:40 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:48 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:34 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:30 pm

Calm the farm.

If you want to think this club will function well and all staff, players, other coaches and all us fans will be happy campers in 2019 with Cleary still in charge then go ahead.

Im saying it wont work and will be a disaster.

name names :lol:
Precisely!
You haven't a clue. You make a massively broad generalisation and then can't back it up. So you just modify your generalisation, making it even more general and voila. Disaster here we come.

...and, Name Names....Hahaha, as if you could!
As ive already said, relax dude.

No need for the agro.
I assure you, I'm quite relaxed, but thanks for your concern.
Aggro? No Aggro.
You made a broad statement and I called you to account for it. All you've done since is broaden the generalisation further and then tuck tail and backpedal. I don't need aggro to see that.
And by the way I'm not a Dude. If you'd care to, look up the Irish Gaelic origin of 'Dude', you probably wouldn't be quite so quick to use it. Unless, of course, in reference to yourself.

Name names!

"Called you to account for it"

:roll:
Its an opinion!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm

For Christ's sake fellas give it a rest and move on. The one-upmanship on this forum has been ridiculous recently.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:11 pm
Can our club motto be "all fart and no poo".

Thats so funny, thats made its way into my rotation.
Our motto as fans should "God must love crazy people , as he made so many of them " ;)

We are all stark ,raving looney to be supporting this mob :crazy :lol:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm
For Christ's sake fellas give it a rest and move on. The one-upmanship on this forum has been ridiculous recently.
X2

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:21 pm

Well I m not quoting directly but both said it would be difficult working for a coach who had signed elsewhere
I do! You made a statement, now back it up. What did each player actually say? Or doesn't that fit your generalisation?
I’ve made my comment based on what I heard and read. You don’t agree - good on you! You think Cleary is a viable option for 2019 - great! I think it’s it’s a non option. And for your analysis - I base this on experience, personal bias, what I’ve read and what I’ve heard.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:19 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:12 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:26 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:16 pm
Wests Tigers have made a lot of dumb decision in their short and uneventful history but keeping Ivan Cleary on as coach for 2019 will rank up there as the worst of them all.

Management might be peddling that line as some sort of legal view point but reality is that the majority of fans, media, players, other coaches and staff just wont cop it.

Would be an absolute disaster.
majority of fans; Really?
media; Who gives a rats?
players; Name them!
other coaches; Maybe looking for a job, otherwise who cares?
and staff; Name them!
It’s very Trumpian. Naming eveybody, without naming anyone specifically.
So lets talk names.

NT Tiger and GNR4LIFE disagree with what i have said and think Cleary coaching us in 2019 would not cause any issues.

Do you also the think fans are going to be happy with that. No one will have any problem if the losses start piling up?

Do you also think players are going to be happy to play for a guy who is out the door. On the bus boys lol.

See i dont think either of you think it could work, not in the reality and pressure environment of an NRL season.

Yeah on here as opinion it can work just fine. Games arent played on here however.
Ha! Great intro! "So lets talk names."
........but then?..........More blahblah.
Ok so where are the names you're talking?
NT?, GNR? WE already know Cleary. Ummmm, ?
Last edited by NT Tiger on Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quality Stupidity"

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:52 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:47 pm
Hear hear.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:57 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:42 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:59 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:13 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 5:54 pm
Time will tell but for all the "set to sign" and "On the verge of" thus far sweet bugger all has happened. I think you all need to consider that the genuine possibility exists that I Cleary will be our coach in 2019.
Maybe. Maguire is certainly drawing some interest though and I wouldn't rule him out of taking over the reins soon.
Nup, not Macquire. My mail is it's Jason Taylor back to finish off what he started! The Manly stuff is just a smokescreen.
I can assure you Taylor won't be back.
Thank each and every god for that

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:00 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

I’ve made my comment based on what I heard and read. You don’t agree - good on you! You think Cleary is a viable option for 2019 - great! I think it’s it’s a non option. And for your analysis - I base this on experience, personal bias, what I’ve read and what I’ve heard.
Yeah OK that's fine. It's not a matter of whether or not I agree with whether or not Cleary is viable as a Coach. Your statement says that players have said certain things. Have they said those things, or is that your interpretation of what was said? If it is not what they have actually said, your statement is simply misinformation used to back up your argument.
"Quality Stupidity"

Post by 851 » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:01 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:28 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

So lets talk names.

NT Tiger and GNR4LIFE disagree with what i have said and think Cleary coaching us in 2019 would not cause any issues.

Do you also the think fans are going to be happy with that. No one will have any problem if the losses start piling up?

Do you also think players are going to be happy to play for a guy who is out the door. On the bus boys lol.

See i dont think either of you think it could work, not in the reality and pressure environment of an NRL season.

Yeah on here as opinion it can work just fine. Games arent played on here however.
Spot on Patriot. Cleary remains and we ‘drift!’ No way Pascoe is thinking that way. Cleary is gone - no doubts
I don't think that Pascoe or Go will let Ivan near the coaching position next year, if there is the slightest chance of moving him on.
Just the same as they flicked JT when thing started to go South.
Lets hope you are right, they waited way to long to punt JT, as you say lessons should have been learned, Cleary can not coach us next year, his mind has moved to the foot of the montains, and the players couldn't respect him like they did early this year. It is Madge or Benny, either will do, but it has to be for season 2019, no holding pattern, and it needs to be done ASAP
Go hard or go home

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:09 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:26 pm

majority of fans; Really?
media; Who gives a rats?
players; Name them!
other coaches; Maybe looking for a job, otherwise who cares?
and staff; Name them!
So lets talk names.

Spot on Patriot. Cleary remains and we ‘drift!’ No way Pascoe is thinking that way. Cleary is gone - no doubts
Your on the money here Patriot.

majority of fans: every tiger supporter i know is against Cleary being here next year
media: ex players, media in every single newspaper, website..etc.. fairfax, news ltd, fox sports. ALmost every single one of them says that its untenable for Cleary to be here next year.
players: . as if the players who bought into Clearys dream are happy he is deserting them.

Ignore the noise Patriot, these trolls probably agree with you. But they play the man not the ball.

CLeary here next year is a disaster for this club and i have faith that Pascoe and Go will never allow that to happen.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:36 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

So lets talk names.

I don't think that Pascoe or Go will let Ivan near the coaching position next year, if there is the slightest chance of moving him on.
Just the same as they flicked JT when thing started to go South.
Lets hope you are right, they waited way to long to punt JT, as you say lessons should have been learned, Cleary can not coach us next year, his mind has moved to the foot of the montains, and the players couldn't respect him like they did early this year. It is Madge or Benny, either will do, but it has to be for season 2019, no holding pattern, and it needs to be done ASAP
x2
well said

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:13 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:09 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

So lets talk names.

majority of fans: every tiger supporter i know is against Cleary being here next year
media: ex players, media in every single newspaper, website..etc.. fairfax, news ltd, fox sports. ALmost every single one of them says that its untenable for Cleary to be here next year.
players: . as if the players who bought into Clearys dream are happy he is deserting them.

Ignore the noise Patriot, these trolls probably agree with you. But they play the man not the ball.

CLeary here next year is a disaster for this club and i have faith that Pascoe and Go will never allow that to happen.

This i know, i can read body language.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:14 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:09 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

So lets talk names.

You’d know all about that.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:16 pm

Just to murky the waters, Brent Read just commented that Wayne Bennett’s people were in talks with Wests Tigers. They have outlined Bennett’s terms. Brent Read says that timing is the big issue and that Bennett may want to come in 2020 so he thinks Cleary will be with us in 2019.

Make of it what you will but another journo with “the latest”.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

willow

Post by willow » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:18 pm

Keep it civil please guys.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:18 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:16 pm
Just to murky the waters, Brent Read just commented that Wayne Bennett’s people were in talks with Wests Tigers. They have outlined Bennett’s terms. Brent Read says that timing is the big issue and that Bennett may want to come in 2020 so he thinks Cleary will be with us in 2019.

Make of it what you will but another journo with “the latest”.
That seems like a realistic outcome. As each day passes now, the odds on Cleary staying get shorter and shorter.