2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
goldcoast tiger

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 7:17 am

Chris wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 4:15 am
I've suddenly gained an ounce of respect for Mitch Moses now. At least when he dogged us he did it in our faces and had the balls to ask for a release because he didnt want to be here. Even when he knew his request would be denied he still lodged his request.

This maggot is getting that bee sting eyed punce to do his dirty work for him. He's dogging us in a dogs way. Come on Maggot, grow a pair and ask for a release.
Maybe its just that he intends to be here And Coach here., It could be as simple as that,
anything else weve heard comes from grub media trying to sell newspapers, etc.

NOT ONE, of the people or the clubs involved, have said that he wont be here, or that Bennett wont be at the Broncos.
Remember ,this was supposed to be done and dusted, ( according to the grub media )by Thursday.
Nothing but crickets.
Im not saying that it wont happen, but this has to be the biggest swallowing of reporters concoctions that ive seen in a long while.
The biggest grubs that are associated with the game are keeping this rolling WITH ONE INTENTION ONLY, to make their own news, where there's no proof whatsover,
I wonder if many apologies will be thrown around if \ or when,this shows itself out to be the pile of BS that its starting to look like

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 7:46 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 7:17 am
Chris wrote:
I've suddenly gained an ounce of respect for Mitch Moses now. At least when he dogged us he did it in our faces and had the balls to ask for a release because he didnt want to be here. Even when he knew his request would be denied he still lodged his request.

This maggot is getting that bee sting eyed punce to do his dirty work for him. He's dogging us in a dogs way. Come on Maggot, grow a pair and ask for a release.
Maybe its just that he intends to be here And Coach here., It could be as simple as that,

NOT ONE, of the people or the clubs involved, have said that he wont be here, or that Bennett wont be at the Broncos.
Remember ,this was supposed to be done and dusted, ( according to the grub media )by Thursday.
Nothing but crickets.
Im not saying that it wont happen, but this has to be the biggest swallowing of reporters concoctions that ive seen in a long while.
The biggest grubs that are associated with the game are keeping this rolling WITH ONE INTENTION ONLY, to make their own news, where there's no proof whatsover,
I wonder if many apologies will be thrown around if \ or when,this shows itself out to be the pile of BS that its starting to look like
You may be right GCT but given the damage done it would be the worst outcome for us now.
Silence works in some instances but in this case, Ivan really needed to speak and with some conviction.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 7:53 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Chris wrote:

Nothing but crickets.
There’s no proof but the journos don’t necessarily make stuff up either ( politics is another beast though , lol ) . Leaks are given by clubs or managers to suit whatever the result they’re trying to achieve . The player managers are the great manipulators in the game .

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 8:52 am

quintus wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 9:48 pm
We hold all the aces....Penrith must be made to cough up big dollars for a starting point....Tighten the screws Wests Tigers.... :sign:
I dont see how you think this. Penrith have all the aces. Penrith have IC signed for 2021-2024 on big money. We have him signed on a contract for 2019-20. Penrith are in a position to sit back and have Gould coach them through Ciraldo for as long as it takes. On the other hand we would have a guy coaching us who doesnt want to be here, lost respect of the players, constantly dogged by media AND we would lose all possibility of signing Bennett.

I think the best we could hope for would be Cleary leaves with no payout. We are not in a strong position, through no fault of our own.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:02 am

Glennb wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 8:52 am
quintus wrote:
We hold all the aces....Penrith must be made to cough up big dollars for a starting point....Tighten the screws Wests Tigers.... :sign:
I dont see how you think this. Penrith have all the aces. Penrith have IC signed for 2021-2024 on big money. We have him signed on a contract for 2019-20. Penrith are in a position to sit back and have Gould coach them through Ciraldo for as long as it takes. On the other hand we would have a guy coaching us who doesnt want to be here, lost respect of the players, constantly dogged by media AND we would lose all possibility of signing Bennett.

I think the best we could hope for would be Cleary leaves with no payout. We are not in a strong position, through no fault of our own.
Completely agree with you mate. We've been shafted into this position by another clubs greed and desire to win at all cost (nature of the business tho). Hopefully we all look back and see this was all a blessing in disguise.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:16 am

Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

X2

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:32 am

Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

On what planet would he have the right to a pay out from us :crazy

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:43 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:32 am
Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

He could try and play it that way. If the club wants him gone all he has to say is he intends to see out his contract, sound familiar? the club can not just sack him if he "intends to fulfill his contract"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:45 am

Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

You could also say Penrith have a coach treading water knowing he's keeping a seat warm and ready to be flicked at a moments notice... That could be construed as holding a pair or 2's

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:50 am

cochise wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:43 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

He could try and play it that way. If the club wants him gone all he has to say is he intends to see out his contract, sound familiar? the club can not just sack him if he "intends to fulfill his contract"
Pascoe is a bit smarter than to fall for that. Thankfully.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:51 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

You could also say Penrith have a coach treading water knowing he's keeping a seat warm and ready to be flicked at a moments notice... That could be construed as holding a pair or 2's
Aren't the Panthers reported to be in that premiership window? I can't see it lasting until IC is reportedly due to arrive at Emu Plains in 2021.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:54 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:50 am
cochise wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 9:43 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Glennb wrote:

Pascoe is a bit smarter than to fall for that. Thankfully.
I agree, but Cleary could try and play it that way.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:07 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Chris wrote:

Nothing but crickets.
Mate, you're not wrong, but I think it's a foregone conclusion now. It doesn't make sense for the WT or Cleary to say nothing at the moment, unless they are dotting the Is and crossing the Ts in working out what next.

If you are right, then i do not understand how they could have let it get this bad, and his position as coach would be untenable anyway.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Dallas

Post by Dallas » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

I agree Ink.
Penrith are desperate to get Clearly next year. We need to know this and hold out until they ask for it.
While we are waiting we need to start planning for next year.
Gus wants us to pay for Clearly to leave. He is a bully trying to get his way.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:32 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:07 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Chris wrote:

Nothing but crickets.
Mate, you're not wrong, but I think it's a foregone conclusion now. It doesn't make sense for the WT or Cleary to say nothing at the moment, unless they are dotting the Is and crossing the Ts in working out what next.

If you are right, then i do not understand how they could have let it get this bad, and his position as coach would be untenable anyway.
From experience I know that negotiations take time and that COMPLEX negotiations take time and may be quickly scuttled if they become public, before they atr signed and sealed.
So I for one am willing to be a little bit more patient and wait to see the outcome .... hopefully best one possible for WT club and fans.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:45 am

Chris wrote:

A maggot is still a maggot.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:57 am

Dallas wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:16 am
innsaneink wrote:
Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

I agree Ink.
Penrith are desperate to get Clearly next year. We need to know this and hold out until they ask for it.
As soon as it was announced that Bennett was available for 2020.
We should have made a first move.
We had the upper hand to negotiate an amicable compromise with Ivan and Penrith and grant Ivan a release from the last year of his contract on compassionate grounds.
The argument could have been that we can’t grant anything early as planning for 2019 would have already commenced. To avoid going into 2019 with coaching uncertainty so we lock Ivan in for next year on the provisio that his free to go one year early.
We would then have had the opportunity to sign Bennett or Maguire for start of 2020.
Maguire actually would be a good option a year in advance because he does not have a team to focus on for next year.
Which means he could plan for the following year.
We may have even been able to bring him in as a recruitment manager for a year to give him the opportunity to put his team together a year early.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 06 Oct, 2018 11:03 am

Dallas wrote:
Sat 06 Oct, 2018 10:16 am
innsaneink wrote:
Glennb wrote:
quintus wrote:

I agree Ink.
I agree w Quintus and ink. Panthers have, reportedly, already played their hand.

They can't get IC without Tigers agreement. At worst, Tigers keep the coach they already had for ~2 years and planned to have for 2 more. Cleary was never signed by us for 2021, so the only diff is he may have signed w Penrith for 2021.

What's worse - having a proven FG coach who is eventually leaving, or an unproven novice who knows he's just keeping the seat warm? And Tigers won't have to worry about IC's contract if the performance is poor, whereas Penrith will have taken on a coach w a poor recent performance. And then if Ciraldo does a good job, how do you demote him?

Panthers have taken on most of the risk, therefore it stands to reason that they'll have to pay up to mitigate that risk, i.e. get Ivan now. I am confident Tigers have already put their terms to Penrith about taking on IC now, and it's being negotiated - that's the delay.

The clubs all know a deal can ultimately be done and Penrith know there are enough good coaches on the market for Tigers to find an acceptable replacment. That's why Panthers are confident they'll get IC for 2019, because they will sweeten the deal financially to ensure it happens and their risk is removed.