2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6391
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:06 am

vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:26 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:04 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:55 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 7:08 pm


Only one thing you’ve forgotten..... How do we Get Wayne to want to come here, it’s his last contract and wants a premiership as a going away present ,
If nothing gets better here . we won’t be giving him that present.

The Brisbane River will flow clean water , before Bennett comes here except as an opposition Coach.
How..?

Pay him ...like any one else..
With what??.we’d need Donald Trumps coffers to get him here,
I repeat , He wants a pension and more importantly a goodbye Premiership.
Unless Harry ( you remember Harry, the poor mans Nick Politis)
Opens up his wallett and buys him , forget that daydream, that won’t be happening , at least in the near future,
Which available coaching jobs are going to give Wayne a goodbye premiership ?
Doesnt Siebold come off contract at the end of next season? For one
And why does it depend on someone being off contract
There’s heaps here that are dead sure Cleary and Bennett are going to break contracts next year, why stop there.
Actually the one that’s likely to give him a premiership present is any of the clubs that are Better than we look like being, unless there’s a lot of changes.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.


matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:17 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:40 am
matchball wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 8:35 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:00 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 7:15 pm
Somehow I feel we will get a dud deal.
I'll laugh if we end up with Griffin and release Cleary. Gus doing the old switcheroo on the coaches.
Knowing us we will probably cop that. I hate this club at times.
Another one :crazy
You never have anything of value to add?

Do you think our club will come out on top here? I don't.
The CEO and admin are dead quiet.
The coach is dead quiet.
The players have no idea what's going onand of course we the fans have no idea.

Less than a month before pre season training and we already a mess for 2019.

I'm willing to bet we won't end up with Bennett or Madge.
We are just too disfunctional to attract anyone with any real talent.
Give all the doom and gloom a rest and WAIT.

:brick:
Wait for what? New coach in the middle of preseason training? Or let's do another JT moment and clear this all up around round 3 of the 2019 season.
This needs to be dealt with yesterday.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41137
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am

The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:28 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:06 am
vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:26 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:04 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:55 pm


How..?

Pay him ...like any one else..
With what??.we’d need Donald Trumps coffers to get him here,
I repeat , He wants a pension and more importantly a goodbye Premiership.
Unless Harry ( you remember Harry, the poor mans Nick Politis)
Opens up his wallett and buys him , forget that daydream, that won’t be happening , at least in the near future,
Which available coaching jobs are going to give Wayne a goodbye premiership ?
Doesnt Siebold come off contract at the end of next season? For one
And why does it depend on someone being off contract
There’s heaps here that are dead sure Cleary and Bennett are going to break contracts next year, why stop there.
Actually the one that’s likely to give him a premiership present is any of the clubs that are Better than we look like being, unless there’s a lot of changes.
So Wayne will sign with Souths because they’ll give him a goodbye premiership .

Fair enough .

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
Yes it will play out like this ...



User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4094
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:51 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
was kinda liking the idea of clint eastwood coaching the mighty tigers tbh
No more plodders!
:sign:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41137
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:52 am

vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:34 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
Yes it will play out like this ...

I'd be more worried if it ends up like Million Dollar Baby where he ends up euthanizing us :shock:

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:52 am
vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:34 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
Yes it will play out like this ...

I'd be more worried if it ends up like Million Dollar Baby where he ends up euthanizing us :shock:
Was going to use a scene out of Reservoir Dogs but there was a little too much language for a family forum :|

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11065
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
That's kinda what I'm expecting to happen as well. Either way, we'll have a coach, better than Manly I guess, no one wants to go there.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6419
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:25 pm

A snippet in todays SMH that said Ciraldo was going to be relieved of his head coach duties in the next few days, also said Penrith have high hopes for him, and are sending him to the states for a fact finding mission.
Go hard or go home

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm

vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:34 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
Yes it will play out like this ...

You have gotta love the old classic spaghetti westerns

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:30 pm

The way people bang on about Wayne may not get another gig if he doesn't sign with us is quite funny. You would swear he was an up and coming 30 something yr old coach whose family will be on the breadline if he doesn't get a gig. He will be 70 yrs old in 2020. 30% of men his age are already dead. As much as he would probably like to coach on i don't think it will be the end of Wayn'es world ( 😁 )if he didn't.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:38 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:25 pm
A snippet in todays SMH that said Ciraldo was going to be relieved of his head coach duties in the next few days, also said Penrith have high hopes for him, and are sending him to the states for a fact finding mission.

Thats funny because he is just winding up a trip to the US. Maybe Gus will keep sending him back and forth with the hope that he doesn't come back.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4094
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:42 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:25 pm
A snippet in todays SMH that said Ciraldo was going to be relieved of his head coach duties in the next few days, also said Penrith have high hopes for him, and are sending him to the states for a fact finding mission.
thought ciraldo was already over there...
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
Exactly makes sense ..... its what I have been banging on about.
Just sometimes (for some people on this subject)its like watching kids at the cinema. waiting to the movie to start.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6419
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 1:12 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:38 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:25 pm
A snippet in todays SMH that said Ciraldo was going to be relieved of his head coach duties in the next few days, also said Penrith have high hopes for him, and are sending him to the states for a fact finding mission.

Thats funny because he is just winding up a trip to the US. Maybe Gus will keep sending him back and forth with the hope that he doesn't come back.
You are right, I went and checked article again, as I read it early this morning, it does say "sent Ciraldo" not sending Ciraldo.
Go hard or go home

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 2:28 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 1:12 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:38 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:25 pm
A snippet in todays SMH that said Ciraldo was going to be relieved of his head coach duties in the next few days, also said Penrith have high hopes for him, and are sending him to the states for a fact finding mission.

Thats funny because he is just winding up a trip to the US. Maybe Gus will keep sending him back and forth with the hope that he doesn't come back.
You are right, I went and checked article again, as I read it early this morning, it does say "sent Ciraldo" not sending Ciraldo.
LOL, they rate him so highly they're desperately trying to sign a replacement for him for the next 5 years?!

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2852
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 2:31 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:34 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:22 am
The club isn't going to make any announcements either way until they have all their ducks in a line

If it is Madge perhaps they are waiting until his NZ commitments are sorted

If it is Bennett maybe a three way financial deal has to be sorted including Bennett's successor at the Broncos

Either way we will know in about 3 weeks

I'd still be betting on Cleary coaching in 2019 , Bennett to Wests Tigers , Seibold to Brisbane and who cares who takes over Souths
Yes it will play out like this ...

You have gotta love the old classic spaghetti westerns

I prefer Blazing Saddles and Baked Beans.
:roll

Post Reply