Wests Tigers Jersey's 2019..

Wests Tigers Discussion
TIGERPOWER

Re: Wests Tigers Jersey's 2019..

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:22 am

The self appointed opinion police is now the self appointed “orange police”. We are the tigers, we are famous or our orange jerseys. Love the black jersey, but definitely should have had a predominately orange jersey in there somewhere.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:46 am

Tigersmurf wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 11:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:19 pm
Glennb wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm
Wests are paying the bills is a fact, that orange is a horrid colour is your opinion. See how it works?
So the reason there is no orange jersey has nothing to do with wests paying the bills. Your first post said the exact opposite.

Ink said it wasn't worth having a conversation with you. Another fact.
Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the edict from the NRL is that the away jersey is to be predominantly white......or maybe Wests Ashfield paid the NRL to make that directive too.
I wasnt aware of that rule. That's the predominant orange jersey gone for good then.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:48 am

Needaname wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 5:11 am
Here is a fact, Balmain is close to extinct.
West’s is our primary share holder and the colours that represent them are black and white.
The tiger is the mascot the moniker, the colour of the tiger is black and orange.
How many blue, red and white roosters or cardinal and green rabbits or maroon and yellow horses do you see around?

Wests is the establishment get used to it. Black and white through out the organisation the tiger logo brings a bit of orange colour into the piece. It’s was also reflected in the ISP last year with the orange logos. It’s not a show of power it’s just a statement that says we are Wests.
But we are not Wests. We are WestsTigers. There’s a difference. Sure Balmain are gone but so would Wests have been if Balmain didn’t rescue them all those years ago.
We are WestsTigers and our colours are black, gold and white.
Dinosaurs trying to hold on to irrelevant trivialities like minimising the amount of gold on the jersey are just self serving and are hindering true unity. I thought all this crap was dead.
Ok - fire away!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:55 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:48 am
Needaname wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 5:11 am
Here is a fact, Balmain is close to extinct.
West’s is our primary share holder and the colours that represent them are black and white.
The tiger is the mascot the moniker, the colour of the tiger is black and orange.
How many blue, red and white roosters or cardinal and green rabbits or maroon and yellow horses do you see around?

Wests is the establishment get used to it. Black and white through out the organisation the tiger logo brings a bit of orange colour into the piece. It’s was also reflected in the ISP last year with the orange logos. It’s not a show of power it’s just a statement that says we are Wests.
But we are not Wests. We are WestsTigers. There’s a difference. Sure Balmain are gone but so would Wests have been if Balmain didn’t rescue them all those years ago.
We are WestsTigers and our colours are black, gold and white.
Dinosaurs trying to hold on to irrelevant trivialities like minimising the amount of gold on the jersey are just self serving and are hindering true unity. I thought all this crap was dead.
Ok - fire away!
Agree with you Steve 100%.

Don't think the crap will ever die.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:09 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 9:57 am
Imo orange is a very out there colour, very bright & OTT.
It's a kids colour. You don't see very many orange cars, houses, orange suits & clothes... It's better imo when it's subtle, not predominant
Agree that all-orange jerseys are a bit OTT for something to wear as a supporter to the shops, out and about or whatever (I wouldn't be too keen to wear one) but as a playing strip they are awesome and really look distinctive when designed well. And funnily enough I'd hazard a guess that back when we had a orange jersey and a black one as our only 2 jerseys for a season, the orange one would probably have been the better seller amongst WT supporters. There is definitely a place for them IMO.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:21 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:09 am
innsaneink wrote:
It's a kids colour. You don't see very many orange cars, houses, orange suits & clothes... It's better imo when it's subtle, not predominant
Agree that all-orange jerseys are a bit OTT for something to wear as a supporter to the shops, out and about or whatever (I wouldn't be too keen to wear one) but as a playing strip they are awesome and really look distinctive when designed well. And funnily enough I'd hazard a guess that back when we had a orange jersey and a black one as our only 2 jerseys for a season, the orange one would probably have been the better seller amongst WT supporters. There is definitely a place for them IMO.
Agreed when you see our crowds you always seem to see more gold jumpers than black.Imo the club has shot themselves in the foot this year by not giving the option

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:28 am

Didn't the club say the white jersey last year was the best selling? Maybe it's just for marketing purposes.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:33 am

5 years ago when all the ex Wests fans would complain they were told to get over it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, the complaints are now somehow justified. Whether they or not, maybe it can be understood how old Magpies felt for years when they felt like they were being pushed out.

FTR, I don’t believe Balmain are, they still have the Tiger, and that trumps everything else. As someone else said, I don’t think it’s so much about pushing Balmain out, as it is elevating the Wests name to equal footing.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:43 am

My passion for one home ground is only galvanised by above posts ..the sooner this happens the better no to LO or CS ,the club as a priority has to make this happen form 2020 . The supporter base has to be united the few that do not like it can move on !as far as the jersey graphics represented this also should be a modern design that does not reflect the past but should represent the present and future time to move on!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 12:37 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:18 am
innsaneink wrote:
Rugby League is an out there game.
It's good when a grandstand is full of a dominant colour.

I don't really relate to the cars/suits/houses colour analogy. Most houses are an off white or brick, suits are mostly dark grey and white is probably the most common car colour. An off-white or grey Rugby League jersey would be disgusting.
I just think most people think its an unattractive colour, and mainly those that wear it have to wear it (hi vis)
I think orange looks fantastic with black, not so much with white or any other colour.....just my 2c

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 12:42 pm

I don’t mean to ruffle the feathers with my previous statement.
I originate from the Balmain half of the joint venture and for a 20 year commemoration having a play on our original jerseys would have been nice. Ie the original orange one in place of the white.
It’s just the way it seems to be playing out and the way I see it continuing and I’m ok with it. I think you’ll find soon enough with Balmain having no funding the joint venture will become dissolved. At this stage I think the Tiger is the only resemblance of Balmain and I don’t see that changing.
Can anyone explain how Manly managed to break away from the Bears/Northern Eagles and how that compares to our club, I’m curious.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 1:09 pm

[spoileb[/spoiler]
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:33 am
5 years ago when all the ex Wests fans would complain they were told to get over it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, the complaints are now somehow justified. Whether they or not, maybe it can be understood how old Magpies felt for years when they felt like they were being pushed out.

FTR, I don’t believe Balmain are, they still have the Tiger, and that trumps everything else. As someone else said, I don’t think it’s so much about pushing Balmain out, as it is elevating the Wests name to equal footing.
This type of post just rams home the fact that the Wests/Balmain crap will still be kicking around until WT's dying day.
Why were Western Suburbs fans feeling left out 5 years ago as you say? We played games at Cambo, had the Maggies retro/heritage jerseys for certain games etc. Can't see why supporters of WSM would have felt aggrieved with the situation.
Our club should have a black jersey and an orange one, just like it did effectively for 14 or so seasons. The white one should just be a clash jersey, worn very sparingly, but with an orange jersey there would be no clashing of jumpers anyhow, only maybe Newcastle and in that case we just wear the black one.
How many different frigging jersey designs have we worn on-field in our 20 years? It'd have to be close to 40 or more at a guess. That's a ridiculous amount IMO.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 1:22 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 1:09 pm
[spoileb[/spoiler]
GNR4LIFE wrote:

This type of post just rams home the fact that the Wests/Balmain crap will still be kicking around until WT's dying day.
Why were Western Suburbs fans feeling left out 5 years ago as you say? We played games at Cambo, had the Maggies retro/heritage jerseys for certain games etc. Can't see why supporters of WSM would have felt aggrieved with the situation.
Our club should have a black jersey and an orange one, just like it did effectively for 14 or so seasons. The white one should just be a clash jersey, worn very sparingly, but with an orange jersey there would be no clashing of jumpers anyhow, only maybe Newcastle and in that case we just wear the black one.
How many different frigging jersey designs have we worn on-field in our 20 years? It'd have to be close to 40 or more at a guess. That's a ridiculous amount IMO.
There were a lot more posts that you could define as devisive before my post. Mine was just a different perspective. You ask why old Wests were feeling left out with games at Cambo, heritage jerseys etc. I ask why do old Balmain fans now feel left out, when the Tiger is the mascot, and we play games at LO?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 1:34 pm

The club was very balmainish during Humphreys reign imo... The almost Balmain jumpers, (orange with black V) all media was nearly always at LO... The visit by ellery for his Balmain hall of fame induction was flogged by WTs.... What goes round comes round... Humphreys imo seemed to push the Balmain edge whenever he could.

Back on topic investing Esan is modelling shows they've had these images for while.... No leaks unlike previously...

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 2:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 1:22 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 1:09 pm
[spoileb[/spoiler]
GNR4LIFE wrote:

There were a lot more posts that you could define as devisive before my post. Mine was just a different perspective. You ask why old Wests were feeling left out with games at Cambo, heritage jerseys etc. I ask why do old Balmain fans now feel left out, when the Tiger is the mascot, and we play games at LO?
BUT THIS IS NOT A BALMAIN V WESTS ARGUMENT. It is a jersey thread where people are somewhat of the opinion that we should have a predominantly orange jersey and a predominantly black one. Just like we did when WT first emerged.
Are people saying "I want an orange jersey so we look more like Balmain used to"? I can't remember reading anything like that.
A black jersey with a white and orange chevron, and an orange jersey with a black and white chevron should be our main strips. In my opinion only of course.
All 3 colours of our history represented and much simpler than having 6 different jerseys every bloody year.
Who gives a rats what "side" of the JV anyone is, let's just hope our club goes back to its original jersey colour scheme/s. It worked well back then.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 2:58 pm

Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sat 03 Nov, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 3:02 pm

Without starting a go to here....

The orange is far too "Out there" I agree on that.

Western Suburbs colours were "Black and White."

Balmain colours were "Black and Gold."

Should not the Wests Tigers colours be "Black, Gold and White"?

Just saying here .... ORANGE is not GOLD by any stretch of the imagination.

If the joint venture is fair dinkum then the jerseys should be:

Black predominately with white and gold for half the games.

Gold predominately with black and white for the half.

How difficult is it?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 3:17 pm

20 years people 20 years good grief...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong