Glennb wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 4:40 pm
Glennb wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 2:51 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 12:25 pm
Why we cant embrace our most distinct colour of orange more, I will never know.
Because gold (orange) wasn’t a Wests Colour and Ashfield are paying the bills. Sad fact of life
Fact...or opinion?
Everything I stated is a fact. Thanks for asking.
Thats true - everything you stated in the first sentence was a fact. The second sentence and the inference that this is the reason for a lack of orange in the jerseys is an opinion.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:28 am

Glennb wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:32 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:19 pm
Glennb wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm
Wests are paying the bills is a fact, that orange is a horrid colour is your opinion. See how it works?
So the reason there is no orange jersey has nothing to do with wests paying the bills. Your first post said the exact opposite.

Ink said it wasn't worth having a conversation with you. Another fact.
To be honest, Im happy to have a conversation anytime with Ink. I'd welcome it. I think he is a worthy and valuable contributor to the forum.................................................

Not sure why ex Magpies have their knickers in a twist about this. it is what it is. Maybe things would have been exactly the opposite of Balmain were footing the bills (like they were in the first few years of the JV) but I cant imagine that the alternate strip wouldnt have been black or white.

It is what it is. As an EX Balmain fan, now entrenched as a WT fan ,Im not that fussed about, I can wear it knowing why its happening but Im also not stupid or naive enough to not acknowledge why.
You obviously have a problem differentiating between facts and opinion

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:31 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:48 am
Needaname wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 5:11 am
Here is a fact, Balmain is close to extinct.
West’s is our primary share holder and the colours that represent them are black and white.
The tiger is the mascot the moniker, the colour of the tiger is black and orange.
How many blue, red and white roosters or cardinal and green rabbits or maroon and yellow horses do you see around?

Wests is the establishment get used to it. Black and white through out the organisation the tiger logo brings a bit of orange colour into the piece. It’s was also reflected in the ISP last year with the orange logos. It’s not a show of power it’s just a statement that says we are Wests.
But we are not Wests. We are WestsTigers. There’s a difference. Sure Balmain are gone but so would Wests have been if Balmain didn’t rescue them all those years ago.
We are WestsTigers and our colours are black, gold and white.
Dinosaurs trying to hold on to irrelevant trivialities like minimising the amount of gold on the jersey are just self serving and are hindering true unity. I thought all this crap was dead.
Ok - fire away!
I thought it was dead too - so why is their so much angst over the lack of orange in the jersey - dinosuars hey?

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:42 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 3:22 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 2:54 pm
BUT THIS IS NOT A BALMAIN V WESTS ARGUMENT. It is a jersey thread
Agreed. It wasn’t me who turned it into a Wests v Balmain argument. The ones arguing and claiming as fact that WA deliberately left out the orange to faze out Balmain did.

Are people saying "I want an orange jersey so we look more like Balmain used to"? I can't remember reading anything like that.
No, but it’s not hard to read between the lines when they make claims like the one above.
If you go back over the posts there was this sentence in there " We are the tigers, we are famous or our orange jerseys." If thats not a reference to Balmain i don't know what is.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:44 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:31 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 10:48 am
Needaname wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 5:11 am
Here is a fact, Balmain is close to extinct.
West’s is our primary share holder and the colours that represent them are black and white.
The tiger is the mascot the moniker, the colour of the tiger is black and orange.
How many blue, red and white roosters or cardinal and green rabbits or maroon and yellow horses do you see around?

Wests is the establishment get used to it. Black and white through out the organisation the tiger logo brings a bit of orange colour into the piece. It’s was also reflected in the ISP last year with the orange logos. It’s not a show of power it’s just a statement that says we are Wests.
But we are not Wests. We are WestsTigers. There’s a difference. Sure Balmain are gone but so would Wests have been if Balmain didn’t rescue them all those years ago.
We are WestsTigers and our colours are black, gold and white.
Dinosaurs trying to hold on to irrelevant trivialities like minimising the amount of gold on the jersey are just self serving and are hindering true unity. I thought all this crap was dead.
Ok - fire away!
I thought it was dead too - so why is their so much angst over the lack of orange in the jersey - dinosuars hey?
The angst is because what we currently have is crap. That is an opinion.

Maybe the club secretly really wants to be the Riff - getting ready for Western Sydney takeover.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:11 am

Interesting thing in this colour debate, I too personally like a predominantly Gold (orange) jersey. The Cincinnati Bengals have been raised in this conversation. They being another Tiger themed mascot mostly play in a predominately black jersey.

tonza

Post by tonza » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:27 am

cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:11 am
Interesting thing in this colour debate, I too personally like a predominantly Gold (orange) jersey. The Cincinnati Bengals have been raised in this conversation. They being another Tiger themed mascot mostly play in a predominately black jersey.
Doesn't the orange contrast well though?

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:33 am

tonza wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:27 am
cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:11 am
Doesn't the orange contrast well though?
Very rarely worn, is only being worn twice this season, with black being worn 7 times and white 6 times and the colour rush being worn once.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:37 am

They got an orange helmet though.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:38 am

Looks good.
in Ivan we distrust

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:46 am

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:37 am
Maybe our players could dye their hair orange?

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 12:27 pm

Seems that’s the only way we will get it with the narrow minds on the board.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 1:06 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:37 am
We got some supporters that could use a helmet..happy does this :brick: a lot
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:53 pm

How about this jersey

This was the caption under that photo in the Daily Telegraph on Friday:

"Balmain Tigers V South Sydney at the SCG. Pictured: Roy Asotasi with Balmain defenders John Morris and Chris Heighington April 20th, 2008. (Photo Simon Chillingworth )"

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:44 pm

John Morris
*shudders*
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 8:06 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:53 pm
How about this jersey

"Balmain Tigers V South Sydney at the SCG. Pictured: Roy Asotasi with Balmain defenders John Morris and Chris Heighington April 20th, 2008. (Photo Simon Chillingworth )"
Love it and the gold - at least it vaguely resembles a Tiger instead of morphing into a Panfer.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 8:08 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:53 pm
How about this jersey

That is the orange shade we should go for.

At the end of the day, it's just a jersey. Not going to get too caught up on the percentages of colours that make up the jersey. Would I have liked an orange jersey? Yeah, but I won't slit my wrists over it. What I do really want to see is finals appearances.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:10 pm

I'm an old Balmain supporter, I'm not overly fussed but I would prefer an orange option.

I don't rate the white jerseys.