Wests Tigers Discussion
cochise

Re: Wests Tigers Jersey's 2019..

Post by cochise » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:21 am

Spook wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 10:55 am
Needaname wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 5:11 am
Here is a fact, Balmain is close to extinct.
West’s is our primary share holder and the colours that represent them are black and white.
The tiger is the mascot the moniker, the colour of the tiger is black and orange.
How many blue, red and white roosters or cardinal and green rabbits or maroon and yellow horses do you see around?
Sad that some people probably buy the Big League just to look at their team for the week, but never check out any articles on the history of the game.
Here are some actual facts. Wests and Balmain supporters were the first to adopt animals nicks in the earliest days of the league based on their colours. There was even a Wests Magpies soccer club prior to 1908. It was the black and gold striped jerseys that gave the Tigers their name. The 1908 jerseys were worn again in the late 90's.

You never see a blue, red and white rooster, which is probably why they were originally called the Tri-Colours (Just like Newtown were the "Bluebags" and Glebe were the "Dirty Reds". The French flag is called the Tri-Colour, and the French national symbol is the Rooster.)
You never see a cardinal and "MYRTLE" rabbit, but a rabbitoh (the guy who sold the rabbits) might wear red and green.
A mixed yellow (palomino) and maroon (liver) marked horse probably exists.
oh.....and St George wasn't a red and white dragon, he was the guy who killed dragons.
The Dragons were originally called the Dragonslayers

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:49 am

Like the Warriors new /old jersey

They have gone back to the old blue green red and white jersey

Looks good

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:54 am

Spook wrote:
Needaname wrote:
West’s is our primary share holder and the colours that represent them are black and white.
The tiger is the mascot the moniker, the colour of the tiger is black and orange.
How many blue, red and white roosters or cardinal and green rabbits or maroon and yellow horses do you see around?
Sad that some people probably buy the Big League just to look at their team for the week, but never check out any articles on the history of the game.
Here are some actual facts. Wests and Balmain supporters were the first to adopt animals nicks in the earliest days of the league based on their colours. There was even a Wests Magpies soccer club prior to 1908. It was the black and gold striped jerseys that gave the Tigers their name. The 1908 jerseys were worn again in the late 90's.

You never see a blue, red and white rooster, which is probably why they were originally called the Tri-Colours (Just like Newtown were the "Bluebags" and Glebe were the "Dirty Reds". The French flag is called the Tri-Colour, and the French national symbol is the Rooster.)
You never see a cardinal and "MYRTLE" rabbit, but a rabbitoh (the guy who sold the rabbits) might wear red and green.
oh.....and St George wasn't a red and white dragon, he was the guy who killed dragons.
Well said.

So.... now black Tigers are in vogue. Must be the new chic. :roll:

kafta

Post by kafta » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 12:00 pm

Spook wrote:
Needaname wrote:

The guy that sold the rabbits wore a green apron & when he cut the rabbit up for you the blood would be all over his apron.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:52 pm

Spook wrote:
Needaname wrote:

Theres actually a story/theory/rumour/urban myth/fact?? call it what you will...that the red & green came from the rabbitoh usually wearing green overalls and the blood from the rabbits strung over his shoulders/neck was the inspiration for their colours

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:53 pm

Oh there you go just saw kaftas post

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 5:39 pm

Spook wrote:
Needaname wrote:

[/quote

I don’t disagree so I’m not sure of your angle.
I know the Black and Gold represents the tigers. They used to look like bumblebees but thank god they picked a stronger mascot.
My point with it is Black and Gold is representative of Balmain. The Tiger used to be but is now frankly adopted by a Wests.
If Wests are the club putting up the team in the professional league which is becoming increasingly more likely due to Balmain Leagues Club in voluntary administration i see no issues with them wanting to adopt their traditional colours, just like the Tri Colour and Souths. Wests or Western Suburbs is black and white. What’s to say they have to include Orange just because their logo and brand includes a tiger?
This is my point and I think you agree with me with what you stated. I don’t bother with the big league.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:52 pm
Spook wrote:
Needaname wrote:

Theres actually a story/theory/rumour/urban myth/fact?? call it what you will...that the red & green came from the rabbitoh usually wearing green overalls and the blood from the rabbits strung over his shoulders/neck was the inspiration for their colours
Penrith should go back to wearing white with the brown stripes to signify that their coach is a s**tstain.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 5:57 pm

:roll
Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:20 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:52 pm
Spook wrote:
Needaname wrote:

Penrith should go back to wearing white with the brown stripes to signify that their coach is a s**tstain.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:33 am
5 years ago when all the ex Wests fans would complain they were told to get over it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, the complaints are now somehow justified. Whether they or not, maybe it can be understood how old Magpies felt for years when they felt like they were being pushed out.

FTR, I don’t believe Balmain are, they still have the Tiger, and that trumps everything else. As someone else said, I don’t think it’s so much about pushing Balmain out, as it is elevating the Wests name to equal footing.

100% agree GNR. This new jersey is the first jersey in years I feel like buying. I can finally see Wests in the Wests Tigers and I'm happy.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 7:19 am

shane2801 wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:11 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:33 am
5 years ago when all the ex Wests fans would complain they were told to get over it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, the complaints are now somehow justified. Whether they or not, maybe it can be understood how old Magpies felt for years when they felt like they were being pushed out.

FTR, I don’t believe Balmain are, they still have the Tiger, and that trumps everything else. As someone else said, I don’t think it’s so much about pushing Balmain out, as it is elevating the Wests name to equal footing.

100% agree GNR. This new jersey is the first jersey in years I feel like buying. I can finally see Wests in the Wests Tigers and I'm happy.
its and opinion, i guess
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell