Benji Marshall re-watched all his 2018 games before deciding his future with Tigers

Wests Tigers Discussion
Fade To Black

Re: Benji Marshall re-watched all his 2018 games before deciding his future with Tigers

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:53 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:54 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:50 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:49 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:27 am
Benji was good to start the year. I think he was probably not expecting to play as much as he did with Grub basically becoming a permanent rehab resident all year. The wear and tear took a toll on him as the year rolled on.

Farah, well despite how I felt about him going and coming back I can't ignore that we are a better side with him in it, and he would be one of the first chosen next season.
The fact that Farah will be in the top 17 next year is what concerns me. He's not just a 'back up' as people are claiming. He's the best Cleary could come up with to try and plug a hole in our side, but he's not good enough. There were better hookers off contract.
With Brooks,Reynolds,Gamble and Mybe all halves, and already on contract, I see no need for Marshall at all when our three quarter line is bare.
Whom else was off contract? I know Seggy was, but he isn't an 80 minute hooker either.
I'd take Seggy/Lidddle over Farah/Liddle.
Isaac Luke, even Kurt Baptiste.
Robbie offers more than either Segeyaro or Baptiste IMO, even at his age.
Liddle has to come good in 2019 and play the majority of the year or else it is time to look elsewhere for our long-term hooking option. Hope he does, but not confident at this stage to be honest.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:59 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:53 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:54 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:50 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:49 am

The fact that Farah will be in the top 17 next year is what concerns me. He's not just a 'back up' as people are claiming. He's the best Cleary could come up with to try and plug a hole in our side, but he's not good enough. There were better hookers off contract.
With Brooks,Reynolds,Gamble and Mybe all halves, and already on contract, I see no need for Marshall at all when our three quarter line is bare.
Whom else was off contract? I know Seggy was, but he isn't an 80 minute hooker either.
I'd take Seggy/Lidddle over Farah/Liddle.
Isaac Luke, even Kurt Baptiste.
Robbie offers more than either Segeyaro or Baptiste IMO, even at his age.
Liddle has to come good in 2019 and play the majority of the year or else it is time to look elsewhere for our long-term hooking option. Hope he does, but not confident at this stage to be honest.
Agreed on Liddle. We can't continue giving 1 year contracts out to players just to help him out.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:08 pm

If Farah is playing the same role with Liddle that he played with Cook, it makes no sense for him to be starting.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:48 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:44 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:02 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:51 pm
We CLEARLY went better when Robbie got back.

And without Benji we wouldn't have had a six for most of the year.

To saying they are doing it for the numbers is just ludicrous,

Both these blokes bleed for us how about a little respect back to them
Well said!

We can’t expect loyalty if we don’t give loyalty. Yes, Benji tired as the season progressed but did his share throughout and was instrumental in our great start. Farah made a big difference to our attack in my opinion.
Loyalty is great but next year we're giving them charity. Both of them have always been bad judges of their own form. Someone should have been smart enough to stop them going around again.
Exactly , not as if Benji played for nothing while he was here , he earned a very good living and has really delivered little since 2005

Farah's form warranted another season , but I'll bet we paid more than we should have for him , not Robbie's fault
Benji won the Golden Boot for best player in the world in 2010. That is hardly "delivering little".
Who knows what Robbie is getting paid for 2019? It wouldn't be huge money. Besides, what is the option? Go all-in on Liddle only for him to break apart? Elijah at 9 again?... No thanks. Reynolds at 9?...he can't even get on the park as a 6 as of yet. Robbie will be worth whatever we paid him at the very least.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:14 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:08 pm
If Farah is playing the same role with Liddle that he played with Cook, it makes no sense for him to be starting.
Liddle can't cope at the moment. Who is your starting option if is not Farah?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:17 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:14 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
If Liddle can’t cope, it’s getting to close to where we should start asking why we are persisting with him.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:26 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 7:20 pm
Thats all Benji and Robbie care about.
Get to 300 games even if it means we suck for another year.

Another year of fluff pieces whilst we languish bottom of the ladder. Excellent.
More than happy to let Benji play the 11 games required to reach 300 games- a massive achievement considering all his injuries early on. He is our clubs' most iconic player since our inception without a shadow of a doubt. Our team will in all likelihood suck next year regardless of whether Benji is playing or not, there aren't any worldbeaters off contract at the moment to fill his position as our 6 (here's hoping Reynolds can last more than 10 minutes every 2 months of game time in 2019 anyhow). Give a club legend a milestone that he truly deserves I reckon.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:31 pm

Benin is odds on to get 11 games with Reynolds even if fit He will be rested often.

Robbie needs 18 which, he will get with Liddles track record and they both maybe the bench utility at times this year.

It’s a great achievement for the club to create some history and at worst they are capable bench players.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:17 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
If Liddle can’t cope, it’s getting to close to where we should start asking why we are persisting with him.
If 2019 is another repeat of the last 2 years then it is time to move on. Treading water on the most important position on the field is suicide in terms of success as a club. Farah and Liddle's wages combined should buy our club a pretty decent 9 in 2020 if Liddle can't spend more time on the park next year.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:54 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:32 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
If 2019 is another repeat of the last 2 years then it is time to move on. Treading water on the most important position on the field is suicide in terms of success as a club. Farah and Liddle's wages combined should buy our club a pretty decent 9 in 2020 if Liddle can't spend more time on the park next year.
I’m a big liddle fan but agree this year is make or break for him. If he can’t cut it this year then it’s time to move on. I hope he puts on some muscle in the off season, he just looks too small to handle the rigours of tackling in the middle.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:31 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:12 pm
happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Well said!

We can’t expect loyalty if we don’t give loyalty. Yes, Benji tired as the season progressed but did his share throughout and was instrumental in our great start. Farah made a big difference to our attack in my opinion.
Loyalty is great but next year we're giving them charity. Both of them have always been bad judges of their own form. Someone should have been smart enough to stop them going around again.
Exactly , not as if Benji played for nothing while he was here , he earned a very good living and has really delivered little since 2005

Farah's form warranted another season , but I'll bet we paid more than we should have for him , not Robbie's fault
Benji won the Golden Boot for best player in the world in 2010. That is hardly "delivering little".
Who knows what Robbie is getting paid for 2019? It wouldn't be huge money. Besides, what is the option? Go all-in on Liddle only for him to break apart? Elijah at 9 again?... No thanks. Reynolds at 9?...he can't even get on the park as a 6 as of yet. Robbie will be worth whatever we paid him at the very least.
Learning to read would be nice , I said he had 4 good seasons , 8 ordinary ones ......

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:56 am

happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:51 pm
We CLEARLY went better when Robbie got back.

And without Benji we wouldn't have had a six for most of the year.

To saying they are doing it for the numbers is just ludicrous,

Both these blokes bleed for us how about a little respect back to them
Well said!

I ought ta get me some better literary learnin's then gosh darn it coz i can't for the life of me see anything in that post about "4 good seasons/8 ordinary ones".
Do toads taste like chicken?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 1:35 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:56 am
happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Well said!

I ought ta get me some better literary learnin's then gosh darn it coz i can't for the life of me see anything in that post about "4 good seasons/8 ordinary ones".
Do toads taste like chicken?
Maybe read all quotes in a thread before making a judgement ....... :brick: :brick: :brick:

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 21 Oct, 2018 9:04 am

I’m happy enough with both being here in ‘19.....benji to be used sparingly and maybe get to 300. Farah on the other hand should make it discounting injury.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 12:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Exactly my point on another thread but got shot down in flames for it. Liddle is another Manaia Cherrington imo.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:26 pm

O K taking another point of view here so
I suppose benji is a idol to a lot of young kids, so him playing another year may be a good thing
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

kiwitiger

Post by kiwitiger » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Benji was good to start the year. I think he was probably not expecting to play as much as he did with Grub basically becoming a permanent rehab resident all year. The wear and tear took a toll on him as the year rolled on.

Farah, well despite how I felt about him going and coming back I can't ignore that we are a better side with him in it, and he would be one of the first chosen next season.
Agreed. Problem is since 2012 we have found ourselves in the same position. After all the pain of removing them from the club and now bringing them back we find ourselves in the position of: if they or one of them plays well we have a chance! What a waste of 5 years! Nothing on the field has really changed

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:12 pm

kiwitiger wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Agreed. Problem is since 2012 we have found ourselves in the same position. After all the pain of removing them from the club and now bringing them back we find ourselves in the position of: if they or one of them plays well we have a chance! What a waste of 5 years! Nothing on the field has really changed
Exactly right!!!! The squad isn't improving at all. I don't see how people are blind to this.