He feels he can be the main man’: Wests Tigers to see the best of Luke Brooks, says Benji Marshall

Wests Tigers Discussion
NT Tiger

Re: He feels he can be the main man’: Wests Tigers to see the best of Luke Brooks, says Benji Marshall

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:35 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:09 pm
The annual Brooks is ready to make next year his year article.
Anyone else see the irony of someone else telling us Brooks can be ''the man''

If you really are the man, you dont need a mouthpiece
Pretty much the same thing happened last year, a bit closer to the start of the season.
"Quality Stupidity"

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:00 pm

They have benji on speed dial yeah.

He is quicker to the quote than Willie Mason back in the day.
Its an opinion!

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:27 pm

Anyone else feel they are gearing up for some ‘positive’ news re Brooks re signing?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:39 pm

Some would he say he did exactly that this year. Dally M halfback of the year and 3rd in the Dally M count.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:39 pm
Some would he say he did exactly that this year. Dally M halfback of the year and 3rd in the Dally M count.
I agree he had a great year and think he will again just wish the club would just let his footy do the talking.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:43 am

innsaneink wrote:

Yeah , you just need the ball when you call for it , no questions asked

Yeah, I'm looking at you Benji and Robbie :o

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:43 am
innsaneink wrote:

But interestingly with which hooker does Brookes score more tries with? EVERYBODY NOTE I DID NOT BRING THE TOPIC UP - JUST PARTICIPATING
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 6:32 am

^ Are you saying Brooks plays better with Farah? Because there's a lot of evidence to dispute that...

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 6:59 am

Set play wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 1:38 pm
A lot of talk from Benji last few days. Maybe he is going to be our new coach lol

To be fair its probably Microphones being shoved in his face with stupid same old questions.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:46 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:50 am
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

But interestingly with which hooker does Brookes score more tries with? EVERYBODY NOTE I DID NOT BRING THE TOPIC UP - JUST PARTICIPATING
Of course you did Byron. A halfback not getting the ball when he calls for it has nothing to do with him scoring tries.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:03 am

formerguest wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:46 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Of course you did Byron. A halfback not getting the ball when he calls for it has nothing to do with him scoring tries.
It would also help if he was in place to get the ball sometimes instead of letting other players dominate him. If he wants to be the ‘main man’ he should act like it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:31 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Yes I'm guessing you go into ignore mode when you see Brooks at least 2 times a game show his VISIBLE FRUSTRATION when he has obviously called something and he is ignored by the hooker

Deny it all you like BBF , it's clear as day

Its funny when you think of it , the only season when they really accepted that the 7 was the key and should be No 1 priority we actually won a premiership

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:35 am

cktiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:03 am
formerguest wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

It would also help if he was in place to get the ball sometimes instead of letting other players dominate him. If he wants to be the ‘main man’ he should act like it.
This club can not make a final series and year after year we keep hearing about how Brooks is going to own this team ... Weststigers media types this sought of fluff is embarrassing to say the least ... Brooks will never be a dominate half that is fact . Brooks himself must cringe with this fluff rubbish, I just wish he would finally step up but that is not going to happen get over it !

willow

Post by willow » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:42 am

After all these years you would think people on here would understand the club has media and PR responsibilities - not all of which relate to signing players or coaches.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:46 am

cktiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

So your saying that Brooks should be touching the ball every tackle of every set CK :crazy

Wondering if the forum member who did the figures stating that Brooks touches dropped by over 10% when Robbie came back still has them and can post them please

Or maybe better still , they can tattoo them on CK and BBF's arm to remind them when they go to post in regards to this subject .........................

Remind me , by the way , which WT's halfback was 2 rounds away from winning the Dally M ......

Set play

Post by Set play » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:49 am

Snake wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:35 am
cktiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

This club can not make a final series and year after year we keep hearing about how Brooks is going to own this team ... Weststigers media types this sought of fluff is embarrassing to say the least ... Brooks will never be a dominate half that is fact . Brooks himself must cringe with this fluff rubbish, I just wish he would finally step up but that is not going to happen get over it !
Brooks is on he's way to becoming a solid half back. He still cops a bit on here even after getting halfback of the year award with a pretty ordinary line-up around him without a consistent 5/8 to help out or decent forward pack or a new number 9 and 1. All this and he still had he's best ever season. I for one can't wait to see how he goes next year, if we manage to sign another front rower to make metres for him even better.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:05 am

Setplay:
Brooks is on he's way to becoming a solid half back. He still cops a bit on here even after getting halfback of the year award with a pretty ordinary line-up around him without a consistent 5/8 to help out or decent forward pack or a new number 9 and 1. All this and he still had he's best ever season. I for one can't wait to see how he goes next year, if we manage to sign another front rower to make metres for him even better.

Byron Bay Fan: I completely agree with you, now he has proven good for the Tigers so of course I accept the guy whether he owns the game or not. He may not be perfect in my eyes but he is one of our own so him and I share loyalty. BTW I don't expect perfection in every player but love it when finding it.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:08 am

Set play wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 1:38 pm
A lot of talk from Benji last few days. Maybe he is going to be our new coach lol
the new cooper cronk :D
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell