He feels he can be the main man’: Wests Tigers to see the best of Luke Brooks, says Benji Marshall

Wests Tigers Discussion
Set play

Re: He feels he can be the main man’: Wests Tigers to see the best of Luke Brooks, says Benji Marshall

Post by Set play » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:14 am

TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:08 am
Set play wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 1:38 pm
A lot of talk from Benji last few days. Maybe he is going to be our new coach lol
the new cooper cronk :D
:roll

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:59 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:46 am
cktiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:03 am
formerguest wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 7:46 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:50 am

But interestingly with which hooker does Brookes score more tries with? EVERYBODY NOTE I DID NOT BRING THE TOPIC UP - JUST PARTICIPATING
Of course you did Byron. A halfback not getting the ball when he calls for it has nothing to do with him scoring tries.
It would also help if he was in place to get the ball sometimes instead of letting other players dominate him. If he wants to be the ‘main man’ he should act like it.
So your saying that Brooks should be touching the ball every tackle of every set CK :crazy

Wondering if the forum member who did the figures stating that Brooks touches dropped by over 10% when Robbie came back still has them and can post them please

Or maybe better still , they can tattoo them on CK and BBF's arm to remind them when they go to post in regards to this subject .........................

Remind me , by the way , which WT's halfback was 2 rounds away from winning the Dally M ......
If Brooks only receiving about 15% less with our "new" hooker I consider that a fair re-alignment. Since we have another creative player, it takes pressure off Brooks as well giving him more chance to be successful when he does receive the ball - and this is being supported out by the stats of which seasons he scores the most tries. It is the coach who makes the call, he has to estimate of which combo is overall more successful. Also what has to be considered in the equation is the other aspects of the spine players and their overall contribution to solid attack and defence.

Maybe Happy, tattoo on your arm the name of the hooker that Luke scores the most tries with in a season.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 9:31 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:50 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:43 am
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:35 pm

Anyone else see the irony of someone else telling us Brooks can be ''the man''

If you really are the man, you dont need a mouthpiece
Yeah , you just need the ball when you call for it , no questions asked

Yeah, I'm looking at you Benji and Robbie :o
But interestingly with which hooker does Brookes score more tries with? EVERYBODY NOTE I DID NOT BRING THE TOPIC UP - JUST PARTICIPATING
Yes I'm guessing you go into ignore mode when you see Brooks at least 2 times a game show his VISIBLE FRUSTRATION when he has obviously called something and he is ignored by the hooker

Deny it all you like BBF , it's clear as day

Its funny when you think of it , the only season when they really accepted that the 7 was the key and should be No 1 priority we actually won a premiership
I don't want to bring up Luke's past but at times in the past I have shuddered when him or Mitch were thrown the ball. I don't deny anything, I just presume that the coach knows what he is doing so persists on the formula and if they don't they do a Taylor. But as I have earlier commented it is easier to find a good coach than a good hooker.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 1:02 pm

Why wouldn't they interview Brooks instead of Benji then? By having his face everywhere and appearing j in half a dozen articles over the past few weeks just continues to stamp this as benjis team. He doesn't want to and won't give up control of this team.

It's time to shut up Benji. You're a reserve grader this season. Reserve graders don't pimp themselves out to every media outlet in the country. Work hard for the team, play and train hard for the team and you might even play a few games.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 1:07 am

Brooks improves again on 2018 form we in for a better year...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 8:46 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 1:07 am
Brooks improves again on 2018 form we in for a better year...
We need more than just Brooks to perform although he is our best player. Our forwards need to lift and we really need Liddle and Reynolds to improve massively. Then we need our outside backs to defend better and offer some more in attack.

I can see improvement in the team because I think Liddle and Reynolds can improve a lot. Mbye is a class player who with another year of development could also improve. Matterson and Garner also give us a couple more options in the backrow.

Still Brooks to me is a weapon. He can't do it all by himself though. The last thing we need is another Robbie situation where he tries to win the game all the time by himself to the detriment of the team.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 25 Oct, 2018 8:52 am

The dilemma is that if you don't have an active and smart dummy half the defence can concentrate on the halves and so nullify them to a degree. So it may be the balance that is important. If the whole back line, centres etc were big and solid it would be a different scenario. If Luke was still receiving the ball approximately 85% of when with the previous hooker I would not consider that excessively small. We won more than 50% of our games with the "new" hooker so can't really complain. If we can repeat that performance next season I will be thrilled.