Page 1 of 1

Re: Madges team

Posted: Mon 29 Oct, 2018 7:09 pm
by Red88 Tiger
Black'n'White wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 6:47 pm
Im dumbfounded that most of these teams have Masters with Noffa... Masters ball playing is devastating when Thompson is sniffing around him. Masters shouldnt be used to fix Noffas defensive issues. The old saying is "never weaken one position to strengthen another". The Noffa issue needs to be worked out anther way.
A winger is a winger left or right doesn't matter imo. If not doing well on one side move them to the other mid game and if that doesn't work hook them

Re: Madges team

Posted: Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
by Tigerdon
Red88 Tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 7:09 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 6:47 pm
Im dumbfounded that most of these teams have Masters with Noffa... Masters ball playing is devastating when Thompson is sniffing around him. Masters shouldnt be used to fix Noffas defensive issues. The old saying is "never weaken one position to strengthen another". The Noffa issue needs to be worked out anther way.
A winger is a winger left or right doesn't matter imo. If not doing well on one side move them to the other mid game and if that doesn't work hook them
Agree on both posts.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:27 pm
by innsaneink
Too simplistic, players have strengths and weaknesses left & right....good coaches play to the strengths of the team & players at his disposal

Re: Madges team

Posted: Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:45 pm
by palms
Agreed ink, some wingers are better stepping in off their left, some right. Some can turn and chase better from one side rather then the other in defence. It definitely is not that simple.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Tue 30 Oct, 2018 11:40 am
by Cultured Bogan
Momirovski would have been at Souths when Madge was there. Wonder if he rates him.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 02 Nov, 2018 8:39 pm
by mike
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Josh Aloiai
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Robbie Farah
15. Ben Matulino
16. Ryan Matterson
17. Michael Chee Kam

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 02 Nov, 2018 10:54 pm
by Donald Trump
mike wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 8:39 pm
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Josh Aloiai
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Robbie Farah
15. Ben Matulino
16. Ryan Matterson
17. Michael Chee Kam
I’m liking that team. I think Matto will play 80 minutes in second row and Aloiai could rotate in the front row.

Whilst I’m an ET fan, lock now is such a crucial position. I’d love to see us with a power runner through the middle. Potentially Twal to 13?

I think we need another big bopper. Geez I wish we signed Junior Paulo.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 02 Nov, 2018 11:04 pm
by mike
Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 10:54 pm
mike wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 8:39 pm
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Josh Aloiai
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Robbie Farah
15. Ben Matulino
16. Ryan Matterson
17. Michael Chee Kam
I’m liking that team. I think Matto will play 80 minutes in second row and Aloiai could rotate in the front row.

Whilst I’m an ET fan, lock now is such a crucial position. I’d love to see us with a power runner through the middle. Potentially Twal to 13?

I think we need another big bopper. Geez I wish we signed Junior Paulo.
Definately short another big enforcer prop. There are 2 places left out of the 30 so it will be interesting to see who we get. I also thought Farah off the bench would have more impact.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Mon 05 Nov, 2018 9:14 pm
by TheDaBoss
:pray: no mahe pls no mahe

Re: Madges team

Posted: Thu 08 Nov, 2018 7:16 pm
by Byron Bay Fan
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph

November 7, 2018 6:00pm

INTEREST: Dogs want Burgess twins to replace Klemmer 1
EXCLUSIVE: Seibold reveals ‘uncomfortable call’ to Crowe
SOUTH Sydney are under pressure to offer Damien Cook an immediate pay rise to help stave off rival NRL clubs from poaching their star hooker.

Parramatta, Wests Tigers and Newcastle are all understood to have expressed interest in signing Cook, who comes off contract at the end of next season.

Cook’s preference is to stay at the Rabbitohs and it is understood his management and the club are working through the finer details of a five-year $4.3 million deal beginning in 2019.

Damien Cook is in massive demand for the 2020 season. Picture: Phil Hillyard

Without a top-up, the NSW Origin, Australian and Dally M Hooker of the Year will only make around $300,000 next season.

The ace up Cook’s sleeve in negotiations at Redfern is incoming coach Wayne Bennett, who is believed to have expressed a desire to keep the 27-year-old at the club whenever he takes over from Brisbane-bound Anthony Seibold.

But Cook has a growing list of suitors ready to swoop if talks with the Rabbitohs break down.

Newcastle, Wests and Parramatta have all expressed interest in the Helensburgh Tigers junior with at least one other Sydney-based club closely following the progress of his negotiations.

ba6ab1eec4149133d08d8742ff800c3e?width=650650x1000
Cook can expect a massive pay increase after a breakout season. (AAP Image/David Rowland)

The cashed-up Tigers are looking for a long-term replacement for Robbie Farah once he hangs up the boots at the end of next season.

Former coach Ivan Cleary had earmarked up-and-coming No.9 Jacob Liddle as Farah’s successor, but it’s understood new Tigers boss Michael Maguire is keen to link up with Cook again.

In 2016, Cook asked for a release from his Rabbitohs contract to join the Cronulla Sharks as Michael Ennis’ successor.

Instead, then Souths coach Maguire extended Cook’s stay at Redfern until the end of season 2019.

da7d24db3e469cf14fe88736bffeed97?width=10241024x576
Incoming coach Wayne Bennett may help entice Cook to stay at the Rabbitohs. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

A move to the inner-west for Cook could push Liddle to Belmore in 2020 with Canterbury sounding out the promising No.9.

The Eels recently announced they had re-signed Kaysa Pritchard on a one-year deal.

Rising star Reed Mahoney, who played nine games in his debut NRL year this season, has also been retained on a development contract outside of the top-30 squad.

But it’s understood the western Sydney club are in the market for a top-class hooker and have the Blues rake in their sights for 2020 and beyond.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:09 pm
by TheDaBoss
Black'n'White wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 6:47 pm
Im dumbfounded that most of these teams have Masters with Noffa... Masters ball playing is devastating when Thompson is sniffing around him. Masters shouldnt be used to fix Noffas defensive issues. The old saying is "never weaken one position to strengthen another". The Noffa issue needs to be worked out anther way.
im glad that none of these teams have mahe

Re: Madges team

Posted: Thu 08 Nov, 2018 11:50 pm
by WT2K
Reynolds will be ready to start pre-season training next week - foxsports.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 09 Nov, 2018 7:37 am
by Byron Bay Fan
So is Liddle gone for good? We certainly should not pay a fortune for Cook, he plays shocking sometimes when the pressure is on - throw passes to ghosts that only he can see. But his defence has picked up and he is almost playing 80 mins.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 09 Nov, 2018 8:02 am
by tigerap
Unlike the traitor coach we had who had no idea who our best 17 were....Madge will have a clear cut 17 week in and week out....Just hope we can cull some of the dead wood in 2019 that we have...

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 09 Nov, 2018 8:02 am
by Tigerdon
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Alex Twal

14. Robbie Farah
15. Need at least one more Prop
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Michael Chee Kam

If you don’t have depth in the front row. You are no chance of winning games. I’m am struggling to name two starting props and 2-3 on the bench. If there are injuries then we will be using Reserve graders. Madge will need more depth in this department.

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 09 Nov, 2018 9:08 am
by Nelson
Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 8:02 am
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Alex Twal

14. Robbie Farah
15. Need at least one more Prop
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Michael Chee Kam

If you don’t have depth in the front row. You are no chance of winning games. I’m am struggling to name two starting props and 2-3 on the bench. If there are injuries then we will be using Reserve graders. Madge will need more depth in this department.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mikaele getting some minutes from the bench. Maybe not in Rd 1 but if he can make an impact in State Cup like he did at the back end of last year Maguire is the sort of coach that will throw him in.

Can’t see many options left for your #15. Might be underwhelming like a Musgrove, Vave or Latu type signing...

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 09 Nov, 2018 10:24 am
by TheDaBoss
Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 8:02 am
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Alex Twal

14. Robbie Farah
15. Need at least one more Prop
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Michael Chee Kam

If you don’t have depth in the front row. You are no chance of winning games. I’m am struggling to name two starting props and 2-3 on the bench. If there are injuries then we will be using Reserve graders. Madge will need more depth in this department.
wat bout garner? he is bound to improve

Re: Madges team

Posted: Fri 09 Nov, 2018 11:04 am
by Balmainian
Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 8:02 am
1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Paul Momirovski
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Alex Twal

14. Robbie Farah
15. Need at least one more Prop
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Michael Chee Kam

If you don’t have depth in the front row. You are no chance of winning games. I’m am struggling to name two starting props and 2-3 on the bench. If there are injuries then we will be using Reserve graders. Madge will need more depth in this department.
Seriously you guys need to check out Thomas Mikaele he is a prop and probably going to be our best pig up front this year.
He’s big quick and has an offload.
With him Matulino, packer and Twal I think we’re sweet.
We’ve also got Alioai and Eiso who can fill in at prop.