Maguire: "Wests Tigers are a sleeping giant"

Wests Tigers Discussion
Bula
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun 05 Jun, 2016 10:33 am

Re: Maguire: "Wests Tigers are a sleeping giant"

Post by Bula » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 4:22 pm



We got the numbers, yeah, we got the might
We got the strength and we got the right
We got the reason, yeah, we got the night
So wake up the sleeping giant......
Take me out and shoot me. I have this album.


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 7:00 pm

WT2K wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:00 pm
Wasn't Skandalis sponsored by sleeping giants?
Bed-hair Blake Ayshford was sponsored by someone like that

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 7:14 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:32 pm
We can have a backing track ‘demons’ by Imagine Dragons.
Used there other one ‘whatever it takes’ for our official promo last year.
That's what Essendon Bombers used as their moto the year they got busted for Peptides.

:roll

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 7:52 pm

Bula wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 4:22 pm



We got the numbers, yeah, we got the might
We got the strength and we got the right
We got the reason, yeah, we got the night
So wake up the sleeping giant......
Take me out and shoot me. I have this album.
Hey champion Bula - you have great taste!

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2542
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:05 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 7:52 pm
Bula wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 4:22 pm



We got the numbers, yeah, we got the might
We got the strength and we got the right
We got the reason, yeah, we got the night
So wake up the sleeping giant......
Take me out and shoot me. I have this album.
Hey champion Bula - you have great taste!
I even had the first two albums on vinyl when I was a kid. Don't get too much of a run these days, but they hold up pretty well.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."


User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1239
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:15 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:51 pm
Or we can go with Wake up Madge by the Squiggles.

Wake up Madge - It’s time to go to battle
Wake up Ben - it’s time to smash somebody.
Wake up Et - we need you to run more than tackle.
Wake up Russ it’s time to get off the treadmill.
Wake up Aioli the balls coming your way don’t drop it.
Wake up Chee no ones around for that offload.
Wake up Benj your going over the side line.
Wake up Nof, your going to have to jump to beat the defender.
Wake up Robbie your again running into the markers.
Wake up Mbye it’s time to get involved.
Wake up Chris heat comes your crashball.
Wake up Luke we need a 5th tackle option.
Wake up Eiso it’s time get into the action.
Wake up Jacob it’s time to test the shoulders.
Wake up Alex. What, what are you doing on the bench, get that kid out there!

- 3 new changes for next year -
Not fair to include them yet.
:roll

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:36 am

old man tiger wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:15 pm
Needaname wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:51 pm
Or we can go with Wake up Madge by the Squiggles.

Wake up Madge - It’s time to go to battle
Wake up Ben - it’s time to smash somebody.
Wake up Et - we need you to run more than tackle.
Wake up Russ it’s time to get off the treadmill.
Wake up Aioli the balls coming your way don’t drop it.
Wake up Chee no ones around for that offload.
Wake up Benj your going over the side line.
Wake up Nof, your going to have to jump to beat the defender.
Wake up Robbie your again running into the markers.
Wake up Mbye it’s time to get involved.
Wake up Chris heat comes your crashball.
Wake up Luke we need a 5th tackle option.
Wake up Eiso it’s time get into the action.
Wake up Jacob it’s time to test the shoulders.
Wake up Alex. What, what are you doing on the bench, get that kid out there!

- 3 new changes for next year -
Not fair to include them yet.
:roll
Wake Up Mahe its time to improve

Wake up Tyson time to wake up

not quite as good as yours tho ;)
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:06 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:36 am
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:15 pm
Needaname wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:51 pm
Or we can go with Wake up Madge by the Squiggles.

Wake up Madge - It’s time to go to battle
Wake up Ben - it’s time to smash somebody.
Wake up Et - we need you to run more than tackle.
Wake up Russ it’s time to get off the treadmill.
Wake up Aioli the balls coming your way don’t drop it.
Wake up Chee no ones around for that offload.
Wake up Benj your going over the side line.
Wake up Nof, your going to have to jump to beat the defender.
Wake up Robbie your again running into the markers.
Wake up Mbye it’s time to get involved.
Wake up Chris heat comes your crashball.
Wake up Luke we need a 5th tackle option.
Wake up Eiso it’s time get into the action.
Wake up Jacob it’s time to test the shoulders.
Wake up Alex. What, what are you doing on the bench, get that kid out there!

- 3 new changes for next year -
Not fair to include them yet.
:roll
Wake Up Mahe its time to improve

Wake up Tyson time to wake up

not quite as good as yours tho ;)
Wake up Pascoe and re-sign Brooksy

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:18 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:06 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:36 am
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:15 pm
Needaname wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:51 pm
Or we can go with Wake up Madge by the Squiggles.

Wake up Madge - It’s time to go to battle
Wake up Ben - it’s time to smash somebody.
Wake up Et - we need you to run more than tackle.
Wake up Russ it’s time to get off the treadmill.
Wake up Aioli the balls coming your way don’t drop it.
Wake up Chee no ones around for that offload.
Wake up Benj your going over the side line.
Wake up Nof, your going to have to jump to beat the defender.
Wake up Robbie your again running into the markers.
Wake up Mbye it’s time to get involved.
Wake up Chris heat comes your crashball.
Wake up Luke we need a 5th tackle option.
Wake up Eiso it’s time get into the action.
Wake up Jacob it’s time to test the shoulders.
Wake up Alex. What, what are you doing on the bench, get that kid out there!

- 3 new changes for next year -
Not fair to include them yet.
:roll
Wake Up Mahe its time to improve

Wake up Tyson time to wake up

not quite as good as yours tho ;)
Wake up Pascoe and re-sign Brooksy
Wake up Wests Tigers and start signing some players who can actually win us games!

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:29 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:18 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:06 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:36 am
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:15 pm


:roll
Wake Up Mahe its time to improve

Wake up Tyson time to wake up

not quite as good as yours tho ;)
Wake up Pascoe and re-sign Brooksy
Wake up Wests Tigers and start signing some players who can actually win us games!
Here we go again.

So, what players should we sign, (who are available) who can actually win us games?

:blah

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:06 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:29 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:18 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:06 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:36 am


Wake Up Mahe its time to improve

Wake up Tyson time to wake up

not quite as good as yours tho ;)
Wake up Pascoe and re-sign Brooksy
Wake up Wests Tigers and start signing some players who can actually win us games!
Here we go again.

So, what players should we sign, (who are available) who can actually win us games?

:blah
Brooks

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:10 pm

welp, this is gonna turn into the SIgning Suggestions and Rumours thread :brick:
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3145
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:27 pm

Sleeping giant. Is that a good analogy? Implies loud snoring for extended periods.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Tbone
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 04 Jul, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Tbone » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 9:59 pm

I regularly encourage my mrs to awaken the sleeping giant. Not so common with two young kids these days.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 11:16 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:06 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:29 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:18 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:06 pm

Wake up Pascoe and re-sign Brooksy
Wake up Wests Tigers and start signing some players who can actually win us games!
Here we go again.

So, what players should we sign, (who are available) who can actually win us games?

:blah
Brooks
He is ONE player who is currently under contract.

Any more?

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3750
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 09 Nov, 2018 4:53 pm

Not sure about sleeping giant, some of of players are captain snooze

Post Reply