Tigers boss defends handling of the Cleary exit :Part 1

Wests Tigers Discussion
NT Tiger

Re: Tigers boss defends handling of the Cleary exit :Part 1

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:43 am

Silentio wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 10:31 am
Spare me the PR victory.

Bottom line is that we lost a coach mid-rebuild AND and allowed this saga to drag on, ruining any opportunity a new coach may have had to recruit.

While Cleary no doubt must shoulder some of the blame, management are also culpable.
I dont agree. I think management, like the fans, took Ivan as an honourable person and a man of his word. They were blindsided by his decision to leave and reacted as well as can be expected.
"Quality Stupidity"

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:44 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 10:21 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 9:39 am
supercoach wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:03 am
Bottom line is...the tigers have won the PR battle hands down. The club and in particular Pascoe and Go have come out of this looking a million dollars and Penrith, especially Cleary and Gould have taken a beating.

Of course it means nothing if we have our usual season in 2019 and the Chocolate soldiers have a very good year. Anyway good to take the early points by a KO
SC We couldn't possibly lose the PR battle

I hope at every post match presser in 2019 Ivan is asked about it

Do we get a trophy we can display for our rare win ;)

Happy you know the drill.....once the season starts all will be forgotten unless either side starts poorly. NRL media is basically made up of hacks and drunks...with the odd exception
Yeah your right

Once season starts it will all be forgotten

If panthers get on a roll at any point and you'd think they would with their side, all we will here about is the great father son cleary combination and why panthers put so much effort into reuniting them

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:46 am

It seems to me Ivan the Terrible (and his millions), was still used by Penrith and Gould to derail the Wests Tigers, in their efforts for the Panthers to become the sole Western Sydney NRL team. Ivan is a bludger, but Gould is pure scum.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 12:24 pm

Silentio wrote:
Spare me the PR victory.

Bottom line is that we lost a coach mid-rebuild AND and allowed this saga to drag on, ruining any opportunity a new coach may have had to recruit.

While Cleary no doubt must shoulder some of the blame, management are also culpable.
[/quote

The club were brilliant and handled the saga really well and most people think we got the best outcome of all the clubs tied up in the saga of musical coaches. Iam not sure what difference there is in the player market now and when the saga began. Anyway what’s the old saying about fools jumping in.

Silentio

Post by Silentio » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 1:59 pm

IMO, management signed the wrong bloke and sowed the seeds for a terrible situation.

IC had a future superstar son playing first grade at another club when he joined us.

History shows this is never a sustainable situation. Penrith were never, EVER going to let NC go. The chances of keeping IC here were obviously slim.

Pascoe worked at Penrith and has worked with IC He should have known this potential scenario better than anyone.

Walking out on a contract is poor form, but management have no doubt been caught with their pants down.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 2:04 pm

Silentio wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 1:59 pm
IMO, management signed the wrong bloke and sowed the seeds for a terrible situation.

IC had a future superstar son playing first grade at another club when he joined us.

History shows this is never a sustainable situation. Penrith were never, EVER going to let NC go. The chances of keeping IC here were obviously slim.

Pascoe worked at Penrith and has worked with IC He should have known this potential scenario better than anyone.

Walking out on a contract is poor form, but management have no doubt been caught with their pants down.
A lot of assumptions there.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 2:22 pm

Silentio wrote:

Probably never hedged his bets on a club wanting back a coach they unceremoniously dumped previously either. The whole scenario was pretty much unprecedented.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 2:24 pm

Silentio wrote:

My memory is not great at the best of times, but I don't remember a coach walking out on his club to coach his super star son at another club. Not sure history was going forewarn WT management of this.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 2:43 pm

Silentio wrote:

Seems nobody agrees with you. That might tell you something about the foreseeability of this....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 2:54 pm

Pascoe should have known the guy was a snake in the grass... What a novice...
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

oldvic

Post by oldvic » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 3:01 pm

I don't think Management had a clue that this was about to happen , It's my opinion that they did a pretty good job , considering the uniqueness of the event , I know that I have an elevated opinion of our board since the issue . I also have a vastly different feeling toward Cleary now , I have the same opinion towards Gould as before , wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him !

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 3:37 pm

Winning PR battles. Haha. I get what you are saying but, really, like anyone will care at all when the seasons starts except some bitter Tigers fans =p

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 3:51 pm

Silentio wrote:

I never saw anyone on here predict it, in fact the opposite. Everyone was saying to not offer him a contract extension early until he had proven himself (which is possibly the one thing that could have got him to stay)

Management went through the right course of action afterwards. Offering a revised deal, then searching for a coach when that wasn't taken up.

Some people are just rediciulous expecting pascoe to magically read minds. Our entire forum, which contains some smart guys, didn't see this either.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 3:55 pm

Jay wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 3:37 pm
Winning PR battles. Haha. I get what you are saying but, really, like anyone will care at all when the seasons starts except some bitter Tigers fans =p
Your right the PR battle means jack when it comes to September next year, but we did gain a ton of positive exposure and that really helps your brand name in the market place, especially when there is no football to talk about. Helps with attracting revenue streams for the club and fingers crossed the opposite for the Chocolate soldiers.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:34 pm

Jay wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 3:37 pm
I think IC and Penrith will be under pressure. If Penrith perform well, then you'r right, no one will care. But if they perform below expectations (and certainly if there are problems within the playing group) then it will be a PR disaster and Gould and the Board will have a hostile media to contend with.

TJL

Post by TJL » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 5:10 pm

This is gonna be a long off-season, I'm sick to death of hearing about Cleary. Surely there are much better things to talk about than someone whose word is worth less than a politician's.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 5:13 pm

TJL wrote:
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 5:10 pm
This is gonna be a long off-season, I'm sick to death of hearing about Cleary. Surely there are much better things to talk about than someone whose word is worth less than a politician's.
same i agree, i want to hear more about us making decent signings
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 5:31 pm

Silentio wrote:
Spare me the PR victory.

Geez you’re tough or ..... misguided :D

This was dumped on the club and they handled it extremely well. We came out of it smelling like roses- a potential upgrade on the coach and one who seems to want to be here and most probably some payment
IC and Penrith are the ones who had their reps hit big time. Worse if they don’t fire pretty quickly and bag the premiership
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?