Maguire ready to bring Souths' intensity to Concord

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: Maguire ready to bring Souths' intensity to Concord

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 6:21 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:00 pm
I liked it when Maguire said we had to have good defense to be successful.

I’ll hand it to Cleary, he has been the only coach to get real improvement in our defensive game - even if it was for only half a season.

Let’s hope Maguire can get the same defensive output from them.
And the attack went backwards. All of the supposed good he did for us was way overblown. Before he got here, our attack always was good, and our defence was average. All he did when he was here was reverse that. As a whole, we never really improved on previous seasons. I’m sure Maguire will find a better balance.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 6:54 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 20 Nov, 2018 6:21 am
cqtiger wrote:

I’ll hand it to Cleary, he has been the only coach to get real improvement in our defensive game - even if it was for only half a season.

And the attack went backwards. All of the supposed good he did for us was way overblown. Before he got here, our attack always was good, and our defence was average. All he did when he was here was reverse that. As a whole, we never really improved on previous seasons. I’m sure Maguire will find a better balance.
that was one of the main reason for our mid season slump
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 8:20 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:11 pm

Didn't he have a NFL coaches motto behind him during the interview ........... :roll

From memory wasn't it Belichick ......mental toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it isn't the right thing for you .......
Belichick? Pfft...

Come at me Pat.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 9:16 am

TheDaBoss wrote:
Tue 20 Nov, 2018 6:54 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
cqtiger wrote:

that was one of the main reason for our mid season slump
We did lose our best attacking weapon and really did not have a great deal of options to work with. Add losing Suli and Milne and Reynolds for the season and a pack with little go forward - dont see how any coach could have done much better with our attack.

Dirty at what he did in regard to his contract but still think he did a pretty good job with the team he had. In saying that I was never impressed with his recruitment however also aware our club is not the preferred destination for many players at this point.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 9:34 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
cqtiger wrote:

I hope cleary will be as impotent at the panthers.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 9:36 am

In cleary, He was a step up from what was available.

Im All in for Maguire, He is a winner and one of the best going around. second only to Craig Bellamy IMO.

His High work attitude is exactly what we have lacked since day one.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:43 pm

And when a player starts to complain about intensity- that’s a reflection of the player, not the coach
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 2:07 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
cqtiger wrote:

All the same, I didn’t mind beating the likes of the Roosters and Storm when we only scored single digit points.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 2:08 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 20 Nov, 2018 1:43 pm
And when a player starts to complain about intensity- that’s a reflection of the player, not the coach
100%
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford