Farah and Ennis resume their feud ahead of NRL showdown

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Farah and Ennis resume their feud ahead of NRL showdown

Unread post by willow » Fri 21 Aug, 2015 10:18 pm

Robbie Farah and Michael Ennis resume their feud ahead of NRL showdown

4 hours ago August 21, 2015 5:51PM

THEY called an uneasy truce when they came together for a common cause during the NSW Blues Origin 3 camp earlier this season.

But any pleasantries, genuine or otherwise, exchanged back in July will have been long forgotten with normal transmission expected to resume in the long-running rivalry between Cronulla hooker Michael Ennis and Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah.

The pair will go head-to-head when their respective sides clash at Remondis Stadium.

Ennis will be desperate to ensure the Sharks’ loss to Melbourne on Monday night was nothing more than a minor hiccup with a top four berth still a reachable goal if results go the right way.

Farah, though, will know a points decision over his rival will go a long way to getting the Tigers the result they crave.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan, who says his side didn’t need any reminding of how poor they were against the Storm, is wary of the attacking flair of Farah and the Tigers.

“They are a really good offensive team who can score some points if you don’t come with a defensive mindset,” he said.

“They have two really good young halves and Robbie Farah and (Aaron) Woods in there. And the bloke at the back (James Tedesco) is in sensational form.

“They are a proud club. They won’t just come here and hand us the two points.”

Despite a short turnaround, Flanagan and his squad has done their homework on danger man Tedesco.

“I think he is leading the comp in tackle breaks and when he brings the ball back, he is creating so many opportunities for that team,” he said.

“We need to be really good on him. It’s okay to look at him (on video) but you have to go out and handle it.”

The Tigers will leave a final decision on whether forward leader Woods plays until game day as he recovers from the knee injury he picked up during last weekend’s loss to Newcastle.

The big prop got through the Captain’s run on Friday but coach Jason Taylor wants to see how he recovers from the session.

“He did the full session but it is going to hinge on how he pulls up in the morning,” a Tigers spokesman said.

Taylor says his side can’t bank on capitalising on the Sharks falling away late in the game due to their short turnaround from Monday night.

“We are going there to play a team in the top eight who have plenty to play for,” he said.

“It’s important that we don’t just think they are going to go away.”

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 21 Aug, 2015 10:51 pm

"They are a proud club"
That's a new one.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 2:54 am

innsaneink wrote:"They are a proud club"
That's a new one.
Compared to the drug-cheating, premiershipless Sharks we are I suppose. And unlike the Sharkies we at least haven't yet had to punt one of our players for using his own gob as a urinal trough.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 6:51 am

We've had our share... drugs... player misbehaviour.... One currently stood down indefinitely

Proud isn't a word I think of when I think of us... 3/16

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 7:09 am

Smash him in a scrum Robbie... Give us some excitement to finish the year!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 8:06 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Smash him in a scrum Robbie... Give us some excitement to finish the year!
similar to the Robbie Farah v Anthony Watts, scrum biffo at Leichhardt Oval a few seasons ago. :wahoo:
Seriously though if you can limit the input that Ennis has in a game in attack, the sharks won't be as much of a threat.
Make him defend a lot, which should tire him out, therefore nullifying his attacking prowess.
Last edited by westTAHger on Sat 22 Aug, 2015 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 8:11 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Smash him in a scrum Robbie... Give us some excitement to finish the year!
Highly unlikely to happen Watto.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 8:26 am

They will do anything to hype up an old battle Farah vs Ennis.
Let's face it.....it's hardly a mouth watering clash.
There best is well and truly past them.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 9:48 am

willow wrote:
Galloway has been looking extra cranky recently and close to retirement.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 10:35 am

Masterton wrote:
willow wrote:
Galloway has been looking extra cranky recently and close to retirement.
Yeah, noticed the same, must be picking up the slack whilst Marty was out.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 11:39 am

What a load of over-hyped up tripe! The media are desperately trying to make a rather uninteresting game, interesting by bringing up the spectre of some old feud between the NSW hookers that in all reality probably never really existed anyway, except in the minds of those writing this sort of crap. Time to move on boys and girls.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:10 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
That's a new one.
Compared to the drug-cheating, premiershipless Sharks we are I suppose. And unlike the Sharkies we at least haven't yet had to punt one of our players for using his own gob as a urinal trough.
yeah just shoving his fingers up someones clacker on the field
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:32 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
That's a new one.

Seriously, the mind boggles at what goes through some blokes' heads sometimes. I have done some really daft things in my life, especially whilst drinking, but I have never, ever entertained the thought that I'd like to try and see if I can drink my own pee, at any stage. As for desiring to poke a finger up another bloke's bum - well that just beggars belief! I honestly don't know how these 2 blokes can live these actions down, but everyone seems to think they're all ok again :crazy
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:51 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
That's a new one.
In Hoppa's defence when he was making his way into the ground that fateful night there was a boy scouts group fundraising who were asking people for a coin donation. Hoppa, being a bit hard of hearing, thought they were asking for a 'coit donation' ......and he gave generously to the Cowboys out on the field.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 1:37 pm

Flippedy wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
That's a new one.

Seriously, the mind boggles at what goes through some blokes' heads sometimes. I have done some really daft things in my life, especially whilst drinking, but I have never, ever entertained the thought that I'd like to try and see if I can drink my own pee, at any stage. As for desiring to poke a finger up another bloke's bum - well that just beggars belief! I honestly don't know how these 2 blokes can live these actions down, but everyone seems to think they're all ok again :crazy
He didn't actually drink his pee,Flip.
It was a photo trick to make it look like that - stupid for someone in the public eye to do it and enough to get him in big trouble, though.
Hoppa ... well enough said of that.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 1:42 pm

Didn't someone a few seasons ago from an NRL club bite an opposition players genitals.. :bawling

They deadset have no morals or dignity when they do that garbage... :shock:
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 1:48 pm

I dunno if there is a feud as such.....but it will be a good clash between the two. Both super competetitive

Odds on come 5pm or so, many here are [automatically edited] about something ennis has done today

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sat 22 Aug, 2015 3:54 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Didn't someone a few seasons ago from an NRL club bite an opposition players genitals.. :bawling

They deadset have no morals or dignity when they do that garbage... :shock:
done in poor taste I reckon :roll

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”