willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Hoffman tips big Farah response

Unread post by willow » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 8:55 pm

Hoffman tips big Farah response
Thu 27 Aug, 2015, 1:30pm
Robert Lowe, AAP

Warriors backrower Ryan Hoffman is tipping unwanted Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah to produce a big on-field response over the last two weeks of the NRL regular season.

The Tigers have told Farah he is free to play elsewhere despite having two years remaining on his contract with the only NRL club he has played for.

The Warriors face the bottom-of-the-table Tigers in Sydney on Sunday and Hoffman has a fair idea of how his NSW Origin teammate will react.

"Faz is a fighter," he said.

"He's been in situations that haven't been ideal and he's put in spectacular performances."

Hoffman cited Farah's display in NSW's win in Origin II in 2012, when he made a record 63 tackles, as an example.

He also described Farah as a proud Tiger who knew the next two matches could his last in the club's colours.

"I've known Robbie since we were 16 years old in the Wests Tigers system," he said.

"I know how much he has great pride in the club and I'm sure his performances over the next couple of games are going to reflect that."

Hoffman said he didn't know whether the off-field dramas would provide extra motivation for the Tigers this weekend.

"But we have to come ready and expecting a very committed Tigers outfit."

Coach Andrew McFadden said the Warriors were focused on themselves and not what was happening at the Tigers.

"All I know about that stuff is it can certainly give them some energy - sometimes it goes the other way," he said.

"But I'm sure with the calibre of Robbie Farah that it will give them something."

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 11:12 pm

well I hope so

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:32 pm

He is a good judge

Return to “Round 25: Wests Tigers vs NZ Warriors”