All Hail King Farah

Tigersman

Re: All Hail King Farah

Unread post by Tigersman » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 8:06 pm

All Hail!!!!! :master: :supporter:
Attachments
11899773_10207540171851843_8192494778575055496_n.jpg
11899773_10207540171851843_8192494778575055496_n.jpg (51.56 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Tigersman since 2013!

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 9:17 pm

razor7 wrote:Robbie's fine performance today unfortunately asked more questions than it answered.Why have we not not seen that attacking flair from Robbie all season? I don't believe for a second that Taylor ( or any other coach) would have instructed Robbie to play the way he has been playing all season, and last season under Potter for that matter.
I believe the answer lies within Robbie himself. I'm just glad that he reminded us all of what he can do .
Actually it WAS said by Farah And Taylor on separate occasions at the beginning of the season that Farah would be stepping back and letting the kids take over.

Which (admittedly in hindsight) raises the question of why was it necessary to do that anyway?
Yes , I know that Taylor wanted them to learn to do that, but as most people has agreed , these kids were exceptionally young to be asked to do this without the help of a senior player with them. So why did we want to put the pressure on them to organise the team
With very little experience.
These guys had not only to learn to find theirway in first grade, but also to learn how to run the team at the same time , not an easy job.
My opinion was all along that they weren't ready, and I feel that was justifiedfor most of the season, when one played well, usually the other didn't.I thought that originally Brooks was the most likely than Moses to suceed eventually, but over the last couple of games I changed my mind as Brooks seemed to be playing without any confidence at all. Both of them at times seemed to be hesitant about what to do, and Brooks looked completely out of place.

On Sunday in the first half , I was surprised and impressed to see both ot them just play. They both not only played well but looked completely at home in the backline.
And they looked happy to be there.
Yes there was still a couple of kicks that could have been better, and a couple of wayward passes, but jeez it was good to watch.
And yes, Farahs game certainly made it easier for them, that's a given,
But it also certainly highlighted just how much easier their year would've been , had we had someone taking the pressure off them,
As I said , hindsight is great, but I can't understand why Our most experienced player was told to back off , rather than work with them as he certainly did yesterday,
Ok I've got the raincoat on to ward of the inevitable crappy comments , as I'm one of the infidels, but this is meant as a serious question , and I for one would appreciate anyone's serious opinion

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 258 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 9:35 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Actually it WAS said by Farah And Taylor on separate occasions at the beginning of the season that Farah would be stepping back and letting the kids take over.

Which (admittedly in hindsight) raises the question of why was it necessary to do that anyway?
Yes , I know that Taylor wanted them to learn to do that, but as most people has agreed , these kids were exceptionally young to be asked to do this without the help of a senior player with them. So why did we want to put the pressure on them to organise the team
These guys had not only to learn to find theirway in first grade, but also to learn how to run the team at the same time , not an easy job.
My opinion was all along that they weren't ready, and I feel that was justifiedfor most of the season, when one played well, usually the other didn't.I thought that originally Brooks was the most likely than Moses to suceed eventually, but over the last couple of games I changed my mind as Brooks seemed to be playing without any confidence at all. Both of them at times seemed to be hesitant about what to do, and Brooks looked completely out of place.

On Sunday in the first half , I was surprised and impressed to see both ot them just play. They both not only played well but looked completely at home in the backline.
Yes there was still a couple of kicks that could have been better, and a couple of wayward passes, but jeez it was good to watch.
But it also certainly highlighted just how much easier their year would've been , had we had someone taking the pressure off them,
As I said , hindsight is great, but I can't understand why Our most experienced player was told to back off , rather than work with them as he certainly did yesterday,
Ok I've got the raincoat on to ward of the inevitable crappy comments , as I'm one of the infidels, but this is meant as a serious question , and I for one would appreciate anyone's serious opinion
Maybe and I''m just guessing here that early in the season he was asked to take a back seat to forward plan for when Robbie was unavailable for Origin...We had the worst schedule of any team as we played every game prior to Origin..

Given that Robbie has only played 15 of the possible 23 games this year...the coaching staff was trying to get the young halves to run the show without him...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 9:56 pm

Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Maybe and I''m just guessing here that early in the season he was asked to take a back seat to forward plan for when Robbie was unavailable for Origin...We had the worst schedule of any team as we played every game prior to Origin..

Given that Robbie has only played 15 of the possible 23 games this year...the coaching staff was trying to get the young halves to run the show without him...
Maybe , but I still think it was a big ask, and a bit unfair on the young guys.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 9:13 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

GC,don't forget that these young guys are touted to be our future,superstars of the NRL...they both had very ,very,limited nrl experience and the expectation is great,however,you can't put them in cottonwool and let Farah and others do all the work and let them watch,they had to be put in the trenches and man up...as others have said previously,we should of kept Austin and let Brooks play a couple of games with him and then Moses play a couple with him,if you wanted to let them gain experience slowly,but this is the only way to play them together as we have heavily invested in them...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 10:13 am

http://s10.postimg.org/n18uu4rcp/oie_w_ ... _GOp_D.jpg

Isn't this something of an oxymoron?

He says he'll defend this club to the death when in fact he is attacking the club in the very act of defending himself.
He says he loves this club and he's not walking away, when in fact if he loved the club probably the best thing he could do is walk away.
It's like a spurned lover saying if I can't have you nobody else can have you.
The thing I believe is that he doesn't want to be anywhere else. What all this tells me is that he is the club. The club doesn't think so and has made a decision. One man does not make a team.
"Quality Stupidity"

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 10:15 am

TrueTiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

GC,don't forget that these young guys are touted to be our future,superstars of the NRL...they both had very ,very,limited nrl experience and the expectation is great,however,you can't put them in cottonwool and let Farah and others do all the work and let them watch,they had to be put in the trenches and man up...as others have said previously,we should of kept Austin and let Brooks play a couple of games with him and then Moses play a couple with him,if you wanted to let them gain experience slowly,but this is the only way to play them together as we have heavily invested in them...
TT I'm not saying that they just should've stood and watched, but that the whole responsibility should have not been lumped on them full time, as Farah was happy to step back when needed to. It could've been done at timesin the games without doing it all the time
Most young players find it hard to handle the grind of a full NRL season anyway, without this added pressure , so they didn't need the pressure in every game this year. We've seen that with Brooks , with the drop in his confidence and form in the later part of the season. Seeing as they are going to be the future, they should've been allowed to play without the full load at times.
That was evident last week when Farah lifted that pressure for a large part of the game and they just used their talent. Together it worked
I agree about Austin, but unfortunately that ships sailed.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 10:50 am

GC,I can see exactly what you are saying,and I don't for one minute doubt what is entirely your opinion regarding Taylor,structures etc....
I have on many occasions tried to be positive,wether it concerned the kids,Taylor or the playing group as we all knew that this year was going to be awfully tough in more ways than one...who was to see this latest fiasco at the start of the season ?..

I do say things in the heat of the moment as do most of us because this club is deadset at the crux of our hearts,we are passionate...my whole arguement within the entirety of my threads have basically had the core of this season was going to be a huge learning curve for the entire club,not just a couple of young players.....now if you step back and look in from the outside for just a minute,this is what I reckon....

Two very young inexperienced halves,having to learn the hard weekly rigour of leading the team around the park...wasn't going to be happening overnight.....

Realising some older players would be moving on as we need younger experienced players to fill the void within centre and backrow even though Rowdy has made the transition very well....

The coach who has not the experience of years of coaching top quality teams,however he is what the board found to be satisfactory to fill the position as well as affordability.....

Taylor has resolved the weekly injury totals with a complete new S&C department which we desperately needed,he has tried to teach the young ones some structures needed to survive the 80mins of hard defensive football.He as well as others always knew this would be a tough gig...I have said before,irrespective of what happens to Robbie and I don't like to see people treated as he has been this week,but the previous admin have made this situation and now it has come to a head it must be resolved in what ever direction it goes..in my honest opinion,Taylor must see out his remaining two years as we cannot afford to sack another coach in such a short period of time,he must also not be hindered by the club,individual players while he tries to progress the team further..It doesn't matter who likes or dislikes Taylor everyone has different opinions and until we all know the exact facts of what is going on behind the doors of this club,we should just keep it as opinion and nothing else..

One last thought...I'm not a Robbie hater and Im not a Taylor loyalist...as I have said before,I try and see the positive in people and events rather than the negative,there is always two sides to a particular story and I await in great anticipation for this mess to be sorted and we move on as a well developed and successful club... :|
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 7:51 pm

TrueTiger wrote:GC,I can see exactly what you are saying,and I don't for one minute doubt what is entirely your opinion regarding Taylor,structures etc....
I have on many occasions tried to be positive,wether it concerned the kids,Taylor or the playing group as we all knew that this year was going to be awfully tough in more ways than one...who was to see this latest fiasco at the start of the season ?..

I do say things in the heat of the moment as do most of us because this club is deadset at the crux of our hearts,we are passionate...my whole arguement within the entirety of my threads have basically had the core of this season was going to be a huge learning curve for the entire club,not just a couple of young players.....now if you step back and look in from the outside for just a minute,this is what I reckon....

Two very young inexperienced halves,having to learn the hard weekly rigour of leading the team around the park...wasn't going to be happening overnight.....

Realising some older players would be moving on as we need younger experienced players to fill the void within centre and backrow even though Rowdy has made the transition very well....

The coach who has not the experience of years of coaching top quality teams,however he is what the board found to be satisfactory to fill the position as well as affordability.....

Taylor has resolved the weekly injury totals with a complete new S&C department which we desperately needed,he has tried to teach the young ones some structures needed to survive the 80mins of hard defensive football.He as well as others always knew this would be a tough gig...I have said before,irrespective of what happens to Robbie and I don't like to see people treated as he has been this week,but the previous admin have made this situation and now it has come to a head it must be resolved in what ever direction it goes..in my honest opinion,Taylor must see out his remaining two years as we cannot afford to sack another coach in such a short period of time,he must also not be hindered by the club,individual players while he tries to progress the team further..It doesn't matter who likes or dislikes Taylor everyone has different opinions and until we all know the exact facts of what is going on behind the doors of this club,we should just keep it as opinion and nothing else..

One last thought...I'm not a Robbie hater and Im not a Taylor loyalist...as I have said before,I try and see the positive in people and events rather than the negative,there is always two sides to a particular story and I await in great anticipation for this mess to be sorted and we move on as a well developed and successful club... :|
Can't argue with your last paragraph TT

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 9:16 am

NT Tiger wrote:http://s10.postimg.org/n18uu4rcp/oie_w_ ... _GOp_D.jpg

Isn't this something of an oxymoron?

He says he'll defend this club to the death when in fact he is attacking the club in the very act of defending himself.
He says he loves this club and he's not walking away, when in fact if he loved the club probably the best thing he could do is walk away.
It's like a spurned lover saying if I can't have you nobody else can have you.
The thing I believe is that he doesn't want to be anywhere else. What all this tells me is that he is the club. The club doesn't think so and has made a decision. One man does not make a team.
Does he have to apologise for defending himself now, wouldn't you in the same circumstances ??

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 9:26 am

I think Farah has every right to defend himself if he feels that is necessary. Could you possibly imagine a way that he could do it out of the public gaze?
"Quality Stupidity"

Return to “Round 25: Wests Tigers vs NZ Warriors”