All Hail King Farah

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: All Hail King Farah

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:19 pm

You guys are stretching for justification now.
Melbourne are struggling since Origin. Maybe Bellamy should ban Smith, Cronk, Slater and Hoffmann...terrific idea...


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:20 pm

stryker wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm all for keeping him around if he plays like that every week, and if he hands over his Origin jersey.
Why the hell should he do that? You've never made rep for anything have you?
How could you, as a Tigers supporter, actually dispute it? You are okay with our highest paid player by far and our leader disrupting the middle of our season, getting injured playing Origin...

No, I've not made rep for anything. If he thinks NSW is more important than the WT then why would anyone want him here?

I understand that the theatre, the vibe of Origin, it's probably exhilarating. But he has an opportunity to come and and put the club first once and for all and make a statement that he wants to leave a real legacy for the Wests Tigers, he can do that by handing over the NSW jersey.

User avatar
Magpie Ryan
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 04 Jun, 2014 8:13 pm

Unread post by Magpie Ryan » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:21 pm

I know it wont happen over night for Cherrington,keeping in mind the young man would be feeling a bit of pressure after the weeks developments,but we certainly looked a different team when Robbie was on.
By far his best performance of the year,the reality of the week may have re-lit the fire in his belly.
How about we just keep our best team for next year?
Just a thought Mr Taylor.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:22 pm

stryker wrote:You guys are stretching for justification now.
Melbourne are struggling since Origin. Maybe Bellamy should ban Smith, Cronk, Slater and Hoffmann...terrific idea...
Hoffman doesn't play for Melbourne, but tbh yes. Smith, Cronk and Slater have given so much of themselves to QLD them retiring from rep football before their careers are over and putting it all into Melbourne would be a good move for their legacies. Especially since QLD have a ton of players who could fill the void.

The only reason I'm conscious of the fact that Farah might not want to is there is no obvious successor, although Ennis has outplayed him all year in fairness to Ennis.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18801
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:23 pm

stryker wrote:You guys are stretching for justification now.
Melbourne are struggling since Origin. Maybe Bellamy should ban Smith, Cronk, Slater and Hoffmann...terrific idea...
Struggling? They're just outside the 4, not bad for a side ''struggling since Origin''.

We're in 13th, its not really comparable to a side sitting just outside the top 4.


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:26 pm

Imagine this.

Farah comes out for a press conference alongside Taylor and announces that he will be staying on for one more year. Taylor apologises publicly for what has happened and feels that the resolution is one that everyone can be happy with. Robbie's already signed with a UK Super League club for 2017 and the Tigers will be front ending a lot of his 2017 contract into 2016 meaning that the Tigers won' t be paying Farah anything in 2017, giving us a war chest for signings.

But he doesn't just want to run around again, he wants it all, he wants a premiership. He announces he will forgo Origin and steel his resolve to focus on taking the Tigers to a dream premiership in his final season. It would be an inspirational move, the move of a club leader, the young guys would play their hearts out for him if he did this.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:29 pm

Dudes - what is wrong with Robbie wanting to play origin ? Seriously. Why can't he play origin and the Tigers are still a force that can win the comp.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:32 pm

Magpie Ryan wrote:I know it wont happen over night for Cherrington,keeping in mind the young man would be feeling a bit of pressure after the weeks developments,but we certainly looked a different team when Robbie was on.
By far his best performance of the year,the reality of the week may have re-lit the fire in his belly.
How about we just keep our best team for next year?
Just a thought Mr Taylor.
Yes and Manaia will benefit so much from another year learning off such an experienced player. You can tell Robbie respects him...he hugged him good luck when replaced.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:33 pm

stevetiger wrote:Dudes - what is wrong with Robbie wanting to play origin ? Seriously. Why can't he play origin and the Tigers are still a force that can win the comp.
I don't believe the Tigers can compete when Farah is focused on Origin. I believe it distracts him, injures him and causes the middle of our seasons to fall apart.

I also believe that it would be an inspirational move that would give the kids a lot of confidence in him as a leader.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18801
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:34 pm

MacDougall wrote:Imagine this.

Farah comes out for a press conference alongside Taylor and announces that he will be staying on for one more year. Taylor apologises publicly for what has happened and feels that the resolution is one that everyone can be happy with. Robbie's already signed with a UK Super League club for 2017 and the Tigers will be front ending a lot of his 2017 contract into 2016 meaning that the Tigers won' t be paying Farah anything in 2017, giving us a war chest for signings.

But he doesn't just want to run around again, he wants it all, he wants a premiership. He announces he will forgo Origin and steel his resolve to focus on taking the Tigers to a dream premiership in his final season. It would be an inspirational move, the move of a club leader, the young guys would play their hearts out for him if he did this.
The ironic thing here is if he actually did come out and did this, everyone who has been supporting him and kicking the boot into JT would be giddy in their praise for him, and how it proves what a great clubman he is and that he should be named a saint. But they will still label you a ''hater'' and a ''whinger' for suggesting such an abhorrent idea.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
stryker wrote:You guys are stretching for justification now.
Melbourne are struggling since Origin. Maybe Bellamy should ban Smith, Cronk, Slater and Hoffmann...terrific idea...
Struggling? They're just outside the 4, not bad for a side ''struggling since Origin''.

We're in 13th, its not really comparable to a side sitting just outside the top 4.
They have had some poor games lately. We dusted them up as did Newie

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:37 pm

MacDougall wrote:
stryker wrote:You guys are stretching for justification now.
Melbourne are struggling since Origin. Maybe Bellamy should ban Smith, Cronk, Slater and Hoffmann...terrific idea...
Hoffman doesn't play for Melbourne, but tbh yes. Smith, Cronk and Slater have given so much of themselves to QLD them retiring from rep football before their careers are over and putting it all into Melbourne would be a good move for their legacies. Especially since QLD have a ton of players who could fill the void.

The only reason I'm conscious of the fact that Farah might not want to is there is no obvious successor, although Ennis has outplayed him all year in fairness to Ennis.
Rubbish. These guys have played origins, mid year Tests and still won the comp. If we are that much of a one man band then why get rid of him lol...

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:38 pm

stryker wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
stryker wrote:You guys are stretching for justification now.
Melbourne are struggling since Origin. Maybe Bellamy should ban Smith, Cronk, Slater and Hoffmann...terrific idea...
Hoffman doesn't play for Melbourne, but tbh yes. Smith, Cronk and Slater have given so much of themselves to QLD them retiring from rep football before their careers are over and putting it all into Melbourne would be a good move for their legacies. Especially since QLD have a ton of players who could fill the void.

The only reason I'm conscious of the fact that Farah might not want to is there is no obvious successor, although Ennis has outplayed him all year in fairness to Ennis.
Rubbish. These guys have played origins, mid year Tests and still won the comp. If we are that much of a one man band then why get rid of him lol...
This is 100% correct.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:41 pm

I think Benji should have been kept. Not on a tonne of money however we should've offered him a deal comparative to his worth to us.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:56 pm

His influence helping Brooks and Moses to take over would have been worth it. As would be Farah's influence with Cherrington.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4364
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 4:56 pm

What a legend played to his ability today and tanked the last 2 months congratulations Robbie your a champ.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:01 pm

Haha yes Snake well read. Your insight is superb. Another who had nothing good to say about the win but couldn't wait to get in here crying. Did all you guys have your own forum catchup today? Only GNR had the stones to comment during the game

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:11 pm

He has gone down hill this year. Last season he killed it mostly. Anastacia did help last year but he respected Benji more and has been quoted saying he would have liked playing with him.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 25: Wests Tigers vs NZ Warriors”