All Hail King Farah

gallagher
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: All Hail King Farah

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:15 pm

stryker wrote:His influence helping Brooks and Moses to take over would have been worth it. As would be Farah's influence with Cherrington.
That's a given. It's a shame both players think they're smarter than coaches and made this scenario impossible.

underdog
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:15 pm

Million dollar a year players need to do that every game. Farah was enormous today, make no bones about it, but we've DESPERATELY needed that all year going into a brave new era.

Whats most disappointing is this is the first game all year he has justified his massive wage.

hobbo
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:21 pm

underdog wrote:Million dollar a year players need to do that every game. Farah was enormous today, make no bones about it, but we've DESPERATELY needed that all year going into a brave new era.

Whats most disappointing is this is the first game all year he has justified his massive wage.
X2

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Tigerspirit

Unread post by Tigerspirit » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:21 pm

stryker wrote:Haha yes Snake well read. Your insight is superb. Another who had nothing good to say about the win but couldn't wait to get in here crying. Did all you guys have your own forum catchup today? Only GNR had the stones to comment during the game
Well said stryker....
Farah played his own style and we one by 50 because the youth are buolt to play his style...

We play Taylor style and we get flogged by 50 and our captains not interested!

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:22 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
underdog wrote:Million dollar a year players need to do that every game. Farah was enormous today, make no bones about it, but we've DESPERATELY needed that all year going into a brave new era.

X2

x3

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:23 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

X2

x3

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:31 pm

Hard to do that playing Taylorball Underdog then taking a backseat to let the halves run the show.

He has played this year mostly as he was told to.

Tigerspirit

Unread post by Tigerspirit » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:32 pm

First game all year Taylor has let Farah control the game...
Jeez imagine Taylor from the beginning of the year, he knew how to give the captain confidence imagine what the captain would do to the rest of the team and how they would react?

underdog
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:41 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:

First game all year Taylor has let Farah control the game...
Jeez imagine Taylor from the beginning of the year, he knew how to give the captain confidence imagine what the captain would do to the rest of the team and how they would react?

Can statements like this actually be verified, or is it just opinion? Because with verification from Taylor himself, it's conjecture and heresay.

razor7
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by razor7 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:55 pm

Robbie's fine performance today unfortunately asked more questions than it answered.Why have we not not seen that attacking flair from Robbie all season? I don't believe for a second that Taylor ( or any other coach) would have instructed Robbie to play the way he has been playing all season, and last season under Potter for that matter.
I believe the answer lies within Robbie himself. I'm just glad that he reminded us all of what he can do .

Telltails
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 5:59 pm

razor7 wrote:Robbie's fine performance today unfortunately asked more questions than it answered.Why have we not not seen that attacking flair from Robbie all season? I don't believe for a second that Taylor ( or any other coach) would have instructed Robbie to play the way he has been playing all season, and last season under Potter for that matter.
I believe the answer lies within Robbie himself. I'm just glad that he reminded us all of what he can do .
Said he decided to play his natural game today after being down on confidence all year - make of that what you will

Curaeus

Unread post by Curaeus » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:07 pm

Welcome back Robbie! Scuttlebutt at today's game was that Robbie wasn't going anywhere! If that proves to be the case, Taylor's position would become completely unsustainable having regard to his public utterances about Robbie. There is no way Farah will ever play reggies!

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:13 pm

stryker wrote:Hard to do that playing Taylorball Underdog then taking a backseat to let the halves run the show.

He has played this year mostly as he was told to.
His delivery was crisp, he moved forward from dummy half, all the while worked well with his halves...

The pushing passes and offloads in todays game were obvious deviations from Taylorball, but to be fair, he played a good game within the Taylorball frame for the most part today. It was obvious he was out there to put on a good performance today, and I am happy for him he did, but to me it highlighted how he has for too long been going through the motions. Today even the fundamentals were good, forget the specials, the basics of a modern hooker were well executed as they should have been each and every week.

philgood
Has liked: 8 times

Unread post by philgood » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:15 pm

Jason Taylor's gameplans have not given Robbie the freedom to play the way he did today. Its all gone through the young halves and been a massive failure.

The only thing Farah has been used for this year is to pass and tackle. This shows poor coaching

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:19 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Had a wonderful game - 1st one in 2 years. If he needs to be sacked to play well then that isn't who I want as captain. Great effort by JT to coach the boys to a massive win despite all the controversey this week
If you think that was Taylor's coaching I have some property I want to sell to you.
Go hard or go home

hobbo
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:22 pm

851 wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:Had a wonderful game - 1st one in 2 years. If he needs to be sacked to play well then that isn't who I want as captain. Great effort by JT to coach the boys to a massive win despite all the controversey this week
If you think that was Taylor's coaching I have some property I want to sell to you.
Marina Go and the minions ( board ) need to be sacked now for hiring mr pasty !

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Curaeus

Unread post by Curaeus » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:24 pm

Have always been prepared to give Taylor a fair chance of succeeding with his plans-whatever they are-but his abject lack of judgement and common courtesy over this past week, treating a great player with calculated disrespect, indicates a man completely out of his depth

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 6:29 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

X2

x3
What part of UD's statement is incorrect? Not trying to be confrontational, just genuinely curious.

Return to “Round 25: Wests Tigers vs NZ Warriors”