All Hail King Farah

Tony33

Re: All Hail King Farah

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:02 pm

[/quote]

So what you are saying the player is bigger on the pole than the coach ,the coach should be the subordinate to the player , the coach should relinquish all control to the player ,the whole squad has to be subordinate to the player ,the club and all its levels of administration has to be subordinate to the player in actual fact this is what happened last season straight after the dogs game ..I find this quite disturbing that this view is taken about how an organisation should revolve around one player ..interesting views.[/quote]

Here we go. Another deluded individual who somehow possesses the ability to mind-read through computer screens..

Please highlight exactly where I said all those things ? actually just highlight one of them please ?

Please show me where i portrayed those as my views ?

I simply made a point, no where did I state it was acceptable or ok. I just made a point.
My apologies though, I should have accounted for those with a limited capacity to comprehend such as yourself.[/quote]
No need to be like that. Whether you meant it or not, it came off like you were saying ''well, that's just the way it is''. There was so no tone from you that conveyed that you thought it was unacceptable, even if you didn't condone it.[/quote]

Well it is what it is. JT has got the majority of the fans, the members, the majority of the league world and now the playing squad offside with this decision that only he understands.

I am onside with JT and I genuinely think he is directing the club in the right direction on the field BUT I can't for the life of me understand his justification of this decision.

I always thought the playing group was behind JT and where he was pushing this club despite the poor onfield results. It is no coincidence though that we played two horrible games against the Knights and Sharks, after they were officially made aware of the decision to sack Farah.

Considering the players are all in support of Farah, there won't be any salary cap or monetary relief with this decision then what exactly is the reason behind wanting to sack him ?

What benefit do we get out of paying a club legend $2 million to play for another club when almost everyone associated with the organisation is against the idea ?

I can't blame the squad for wanting to stand up for their captain and show support, especially when everyone else (bar the coach) is doing the same.

JT doesn't exactly have the best track record with his players anyway, so i tend to give our squad the benefit of the doubt in this situation.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:06 pm

Tony33 wrote:JT doesn't exactly have the best track record with his players anyway, so i tend to give our squad the benefit of the doubt in this situation.
Neither does this playing group have a great record with their coaches. See Potter for proof.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tony33 wrote:JT doesn't exactly have the best track record with his players anyway, so i tend to give our squad the benefit of the doubt in this situation.
Neither does this playing group have a great record with their coaches. See Potter for proof.
Good point. But in this case it isn't just the players who disagree with JT's antics

See Bellamy press conference
See Bennet press conference
See Wests Tigers Facebook page
See booing of JT at game
See Signs Supporting Robbie at game
See numerous articles over the last few days
See majority of experts and commentators on various rugby league shows

Hence, the players can't be blamed for being offside with the coach in regards to this specific situation when the majority of all other stakeholders are in the same boat.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

sideline eye
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:19 pm

Let's not get over excited here. We beat a Warriors side that hasn't won for a while and they were without their big guns. Johnson plays, it's a much closer game, the others play, the result may have been different. Who knows? I suppose you can only play whatever's in front of you but the opposition today were pretty ineffective.

As for Robbie, where did that performance come from? His best for years and it hurts to see him go but I'm a Wests Tigers supporter and I'll support Robbie if he stays or whoever replaces him if he doesn't stay. I won't walk away over the fate of one player after more than 50 years a Magpie and now a Tiger.

gallagher
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:47 pm

Tony33 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:We put 50 points on today. Somehow, that doesn't warrant any questions where this kind of football has been all yr.
I think it provides a few answers actually GNR.

The fact that the squad decided to turn up today and put in that performance shows who they're playing for and it certainly isn't Taylor.

Should put to bed the rumours that the squad doesn't get on with Farah.

So if it really is Taylor vs Farah, I think we now know whose side the squad is on.
That's only your opinion. Maybe they turned up to play after hearing some great news during the week. Maybe they turned up because it's been a while since they've turned up. Maybe they turned up to send off Keefy snd Pat. If we had of lost, would that have been proof that they didn't like Farah?

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:52 pm

stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:We put 50 points on today. Somehow, that doesn't warrant any questions where this kind of football has been all yr.
It does but there have been plenty of comments earlier in the year regarding JT's structures and game plans. There were people defending his structures and game plans with comments related to the long term plan and how he was teaching us to defend. Its obvious that this was all palava.

I don't know where this leaves us but of course questions will be asked. Why did we have such terrible game plans for long periods of this season ?

If you all take the emotion out of this thread and look from the outside looking in....
Maybe what Taylor was teaching the group about defensive structure and Farah had to take a step back while they were learning.....it's clear the penny has finally dropped and the younger ones are stepping up to NRL level,let's wait and see...as was said a few weeks ago Taylor changed the structure so the young guns can play a more attacking game..

Just seems funny how emotional the group were today hugging their fearless leader after he has been giving his so called marching orders...infront of a home crowd and a TV audience..
And he finally played his style of football...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

magpiecol
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:26 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Had a wonderful game - 1st one in 2 years. If he needs to be sacked to play well then that isn't who I want as captain. Great effort by JT to coach the boys to a massive win despite all the controversey this week

Well said.

ghost

Unread post by ghost » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:33 pm

Well done by the players who threw boring ball out the window and played to their strengths...it was a breath of fresh air!

magpiecol

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 1:04 pm

Farah had a good game today, as he should have been doing for the last couple of years!

Farah: One try, three try assists (Halatau, Marty, Brooks)

Tedesco: One try (disallowed for some crap reason). Three try assists (Richards, Simona, Nofo). Saved a try (held player up over the line). And possibly saved another when he forced the ball in-goal with Thompson lining up to score. Got pantsed for his trouble.

The difference between Tedesco and Farah:- Tedesco has done this all year and Farah has done it once all year.

Taking all the crap emotion out of the equation, a reasonable decision has been made in view of our salary cap situation (that not many on this forum seem to accept)and for the team in general. Farah has not been sacked, he has been given permission to move elsewhere if he so desires. If not, then he can stay. Simple.

It is great to read all the Taylor haters who blame him for every loss we have had, but fail to give credit to him when we win. A lot of you people are drinking to much kool - aid in your mothers basement.

bobo125

Unread post by bobo125 » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 1:09 pm

magpiecol .

forget about JT as a person.
how do you explain losing under the coachs playing methods and winning when they are able to play to their strengths.

nearly every commentator in the game has commented on this.
if we take the emotion out and look at that alone.... what do you do or say.
let them play footy ?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 263 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 1:15 pm

Guessing it would be the same as when they won or lost under Sheens or when they won or lost under Potter.....

Win Players Lose Coach....same as the other 15 Clubs..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jirskyr
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 1:21 pm

Can we consolidate this with the other Farah thread? There are like 5 Farah threads going now, I'm struggling to keep all the strings of comment together.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 1:26 pm

This one was a game thread...I know what you mean though...let us think about it
Ivan's Laws

magpiecol

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 2:58 pm

bobo125 wrote:magpiecol .

how do you explain losing under the coachs playing methods and winning when they are able to play to their strengths.

let them play footy ?

So, really, we do not need a coach. Every time we lose it's because we are playing to his "playing methods" but every time we win they are playing to their strengths.

To win the comp, all the players have to do is play to their strengths. Makes sense.

bobo125

Unread post by bobo125 » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 5:38 pm

magpiecol wrote:
bobo125 wrote:magpiecol .

let them play footy ?

So, really, we do not need a coach. Every time we lose it's because we are playing to his "playing methods" but every time we win they are playing to their strengths.

To win the comp, all the players have to do is play to their strengths. Makes sense.

come one mate !
im trying to to explain this in a way where your mate Taylor isnt getting hammered non stop.

What im saying is - if a coach implements a style that continues to fail and causes the team and individuals to suffer - what do you do.

All the emotuion a side, anyone who knows footy can see you have a team here that is not responding to anything the coach is doing - what do you do.

Its not a case of coaching themselves - its a case of finding someone who can encourage them, teach them, inspire them and fill them with confidence.

You look at someone like mal meninga who by his own admission is not a great tactical coach, but he is a leader of men and completely understands how to "coach" a side.

thats what im saying.
the fact that your seemingly tight mate JT is copping it is part of the parcel but its not because of anything other than - the team as a whole is not responding to him at all.
They have not all season and except for yesterdays game, have actually gone backwards in the later part of the season.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 5:48 pm

Enjoy the post but we are 3/5 Melbourne Won Canberra Won Knights Lost Sharks Lost Warriors Won....so in actual Fact our last month and a bit of footy has been our best period...

The best record of the bottom 8 sides....
Ivan's Laws

Gladesville Tiger

Unread post by Gladesville Tiger » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 6:24 pm

So if teddy makes origin do we then tap him. Woodsy as well. Deal with the fact that jt is not a 1st grade coach and his game plans and use of farah has been poor.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.4

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 105 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 7:45 pm

magpiecol wrote:Farah had a good game today, as he should have been doing for the last couple of years!

Farah: One try, three try assists (Halatau, Marty, Brooks)

Tedesco: One try (disallowed for some crap reason). Three try assists (Richards, Simona, Nofo). Saved a try (held player up over the line). And possibly saved another when he forced the ball in-goal with Thompson lining up to score. Got pantsed for his trouble.

The difference between Tedesco and Farah:- Tedesco has done this all year and Farah has done it once all year.

Taking all the crap emotion out of the equation, a reasonable decision has been made in view of our salary cap situation (that not many on this forum seem to accept)and for the team in general. Farah has not been sacked, he has been given permission to move elsewhere if he so desires. If not, then he can stay. Simple.

It is great to read all the Taylor haters who blame him for every loss we have had, but fail to give credit to him when we win. A lot of you people are drinking to much kool - aid in your mothers basement.
Well said Col.

I am also sick and tired of JT getting blamed for the losses and receiving no credit for the wins. When we win it is the players.

You can't have it both ways. That is just poor form.

Return to “Round 25: Wests Tigers vs NZ Warriors”