Smiles all round

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Smiles all round

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:33 pm

While it wasnt a terrific crowd today, the atmosphere was great for the size of the crowd, terrific to see everyone happy bar the Warriors crew.....but even Bodene could spare a moment with teddy and get in on the fun atmosphere
Seemed like everyone was smiling...Deneo & Patty at various times cracking jokes with the 2GB bloke, the ball boys and cheergirls all happy and smiling, even one of the touches was having a joke with patty at one stage
Keithys kick topping it off and the laps of honour
Shame many stayed away for whatever reason...probably cause we been losing, they missed a great day with a rare terrific win

Granto87

Unread post by Granto87 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:37 pm

Haven't seen a crowd lift like that in a long time. Great to see and great to put in aperformance like that.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:46 pm

Best game I've attended for a while.It was a shame but understandable that people chose not attend, all I can say is they missed out. Great crowd atmosphere and participation.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:48 pm

How many were there?

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:While it wasnt a terrific crowd today, the atmosphere was great for the size of the crowd, terrific to see everyone happy bar the Warriors crew.....but even Bodene could spare a moment with teddy and get in on the fun atmosphere
Seemed like everyone was smiling...Deneo & Patty at various times cracking jokes with the 2GB bloke, the ball boys and cheergirls all happy and smiling, even one of the touches was having a joke with patty at one stage
Keithys kick topping it off and the laps of honour
Shame many stayed away for whatever reason...probably cause we been losing, they missed a great day with a rare terrific win
I wasnt there Ink, but clearly it was player driven. I think that the overall body language of our players gave lie to those that say there is a rift in the camp. The players were all on a high - witness Patty awarding his own try - and the emotion and feeling for Robbie was palpable. Whatever happens with Robbie I think we continue to move in the right direction even though there has and will be a lot of pain along the way.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:How many were there?

Great day

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:57 pm

Around 6500 there a outs I think.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:58 pm

Snake wrote:
Around 6500 there a outs I think.
I was close

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:02 pm

That's what I love about Wests Tigers crowds ... Even though small in number it sounded like double that number at times. The diehards know how to cheer the boys on :-)

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:03 pm

I think a lot of it was the huge pressure the playing group was under. They were probably unsure how the crowd would react to the weeks news. They were desperate to climb off the bottom of the ladder, they were desperate to send Pat and Keith out as winners. They were hoping Robbie blitzed it. The crowd were hoping for a good show and were surprised by the emotion the boys played with...

All adds up to relief and excitement and celebration. I'm jealous of you guys who were there. Congrats.

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:33 pm

I was actually worried about the game early. When the Warriors scored in the first few minutes, the Tigers looked flat and the crowd completely quiet. Then Robbie scored and I haven't heard noise like that for a long time. The atmosphere completely changed. The noise and emotion of the crowd was unbelievable. It was great to be amongst it all. Well done to everyone there today!

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:56 pm

Yeah a great day out at CSS the crowd number was a surprise the house and atmosphere matched a 12-14 k crowd. CSS is a very nice stadium..under utilised IMO.

Managed to get into the sheds with my sons after the game ...the boys were fantastic, so polite and giving of their time... Woodsy even apologised for keeping us waiting... Such a humble bunch of guys they are... I asked Ava if he is re-signing and he had a forlorn look on his face and said he hoped to.... Teddy is a champion bloke...Moses and Brooks still look like school kids.... Great day

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 7:12 am

Even the .....(pick a target)....."haters" are smiling.

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 8:33 am

alexaki wrote:Yeah a great day out at CSS the crowd number was a surprise the house and atmosphere matched a 12-14 k crowd. CSS is a very nice stadium..under utilised IMO.

Managed to get into the sheds with my sons after the game ...the boys were fantastic, so polite and giving of their time... Woodsy even apologised for keeping us waiting... Such a humble bunch of guys they are... I asked Ava if he is re-signing and he had a forlorn look on his face and said he hoped to.... Teddy is a champion bloke...Moses and Brooks still look like school kids.... Great day

If Robbie stays then Ava won't stay - these are the cap issues we face

Pokies

Unread post by Pokies » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 8:55 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
alexaki wrote:Yeah a great day out at CSS the crowd number was a surprise the house and atmosphere matched a 12-14 k crowd. CSS is a very nice stadium..under utilised IMO.

If Robbie stays then Ava won't stay - these are the cap issues we face
Or maybe just maybe instead of wasting money giving junk like Lovett a new contract they could have used that money to help upgrade Ava.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:44 pm

For eighty minutes everyone forgot the crap and enjoyed our boys enjoying themselves.

It was so evident... Because it's been so long... It was great

Return to “Round 25: Wests Tigers vs NZ Warriors”