WESTS Tigers Team V Dragons..

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Dragons..

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 7:15 am

I'm no super coach but do know you have to have a game plan that plays to your strengths.
You would never have seen Clive Loyd (on a turning wicket) ask Garner, Marshall, Holding, Walsh ect "to seem it around a little". When their style was to go for the throat.
I havnt seen KG try as many offloads or Robbie use that much footwork all year. Our strength is to get the opposition on the back foot, then have bodies in motion. Not one-out percentage plays.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Clifferd

Unread post by Clifferd » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 12:46 pm

Tigerdon wrote:I'm no super coach but do know you have to have a game plan that plays to your strengths.
You would never have seen Clive Loyd (on a turning wicket) ask Garner, Marshall, Holding, Walsh ect "to seem it around a little". When their style was to go for the throat.
I havnt seen KG try as many offloads or Robbie use that much footwork all year. Our strength is to get the opposition on the back foot, then have bodies in motion. Not one-out percentage plays.

Haha so true. In today's game JTs coaching ideology would be like Paul Green telling Thurston to "tone" it down a little and let Morgan & Granville take the drivers seat. Don't think it'd go well would it?

Let Farah play his normal game as he did last week. Let Brooks/Moses/Tedesco chime in when need to be. If anything the halves played better when Farah was controlling the game

Ryde Oval

Unread post by Ryde Oval » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 5:11 pm

Standing on the hill in the rain at Leichhardt Oval last game of 2014 Vs Cronulla and the boys jagged a solid win, I left believing 2015 would see us Top 8 at worse!! Where did 2015 go...All I heard was Coach Taylor dribble on about positives after to many loses...I won't be harsh on Coach Taylor but if we are in the same position in 12 months and we hear his same DRIBBLE I may just go fishing.....

Return to “Round 26: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”