tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Your top 17, Season 2016

Unread post by tiger05premier » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 3:39 pm

marzie wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:Hi Marzie i don't know how to link the pages together but anyway i thought Edwards was a backrower
That's okay, you just hit the button with the quotation marks on the post you'd like to reply to (").

That's right, he's listed as a lock forward, 2nd rower I was thinking he was a prop forward for some reason. Thank you

I think it's pretty close to the team we will see next year anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if Lovett is selected over better players
Thanks for that

palms
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by palms » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 4:39 pm

Addo-Carr's pace is electric but he is a long way off first grade at this moment. His hands look susceptible. I think he needs a while to develop in NSW Cup and comes across as a player who if you started him too early could crumble and effect his confidence for a long time.
Plenty of potential but not one to rush just yet.

At full strength I'd go with;

1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Rankin
5. Nofoluma
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (c)
9. Farah
10. Ava
11.Sironen
12. Lawrence
13. Sue
14. Cherington
15. Grant
16. Chee-Kam
17. Edwards/Griffin

Ava is a starter, I think he lacks impact when he comes on. Grant would provide much better service once the defense is tired with his leg speed and quicker play the balls. Griffin would provide some good offloads and energy also towards the latter stages of the half. Sue can also go into the front row rotation when Woods needs a break with Siro roving a bit more using his passing game at the line with Chee-Kam, Edwards/Griffin into the backrow.

Jjcrofty88

Unread post by Jjcrofty88 » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 7:33 pm

everett wrote:Didn't Taylor state Moses will not goal kick so Rankin or Hunt will be in the side as a wing and to goal kick. Unless someone can kick I am aware of??????
I think remember sironen kicking once

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 7:45 pm

Simona was goal kicker for Samoa, however, I am not sure he can be successful as Pat.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 8:12 pm

Simona can do anything, that guy is an absolute gun of a player.
If we had 17 Simonas we would be unbeatable.

Wonder if his brother Paul is any good?
Currently at the sharks

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 8:14 pm

I got 3 things out of the 9's:

Chee-Kam will handle Right Centre if we choose to go down the defensive path.

Ado-Carr is bloody fast but is a way off NRL defensively.

Lamar doesnt look good and may never make it at NRL level.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 11:07 pm

Too hard to pick until the last trial.
I'll be happy if the love affair between JT and Lovett has cooled.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 11:15 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:Too hard to pick until the last trial.
Lol. Throw them in an ice bath. That'll cool the love fever. :mrgreen:

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 7:12 am

Tigermama wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:Too hard to pick until the last trial.
Lol. Throw them in an ice bath. That'll cool the love fever. :mrgreen:
:lol:

Chadman's Ghost

Unread post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:40 am

I don't know how it will shake out for Round 1, but I suspect the 1st choice team, when healthy would look like this:

1. Tedesco

2. Hunt
3. Naiqama
4. Simona
5. Noafaluma

6. Moses
7. Brooks

13. Sue
12. Sironen
11. Lawrence
10. Woods
9. Farah
8. Grant

14. Edwards
15. Chee Kam
16. Cherrington
17. Ava

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 2:04 pm

Chadman's Ghost wrote:I don't know how it will shake out for Round 1, but I suspect the 1st choice team, when healthy would look like this:

1. Tedesco

2. Hunt
3. Naiqama
4. Simona
5. Noafaluma

6. Moses
7. Brooks

13. Sue
12. Sironen
11. Lawrence
10. Woods
9. Farah
8. Grant

14. Edwards
15. Chee Kam
16. Cherrington
17. Ava
You are probably right, but picking this team which is virtually the same as last year is my biggest concern.

We were crap in 2015 and if we think we are gona get anything different by changing 1 winger, JT is crazier than I thought.

1. Fix Prop Rotation to be effective while Starting Props are off the pitch.
2. Shut down one-side of the field through hard-arse defensive structure. [I nominate the Right, so we need a defensive style Centre and hardarse backrower who can hit]
3. Dummy-Half MUST take our forwards down the park through the middle, no more sideways crap.
4. Reduce the number of times we go to Teddy. [While he is our most exciting attacking weapon, we need to be patient with how often we use him]
5. No shuffling the defensive structures week to week or during games.

FIRE UP TIGERS!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

greatodensraven
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 7:00 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:I don't know how it will shake out for Round 1, but I suspect the 1st choice team, when healthy would look like this:

1. Tedesco

2. Hunt
3. Naiqama
4. Simona
5. Noafaluma

6. Moses
7. Brooks

13. Sue
12. Sironen
11. Lawrence
10. Woods
9. Farah
8. Grant

14. Edwards
15. Chee Kam
16. Cherrington
17. Ava
You are probably right, but picking this team which is virtually the same as last year is my biggest concern.

We were crap in 2015 and if we think we are gona get anything different by changing 1 winger, JT is crazier than I thought.

1. Fix Prop Rotation to be effective while Starting Props are off the pitch.
2. Shut down one-side of the field through hard-arse defensive structure. [I nominate the Right, so we need a defensive style Centre and hardarse backrower who can hit]
3. Dummy-Half MUST take our forwards down the park through the middle, no more sideways crap.
4. Reduce the number of times we go to Teddy. [While he is our most exciting attacking weapon, we need to be patient with how often we use him]
5. No shuffling the defensive structures week to week or during games.

FIRE UP TIGERS!!!
All good points. In which case do we start with Woods & Ava at prop, Edwards at lock & save Grant & Sue for bench prop rotation to keep the momentum going?

I like the Kev/Simona centre pairing & think they're defensively strong. If anything Nofo probably needs to read the play a little better to strengthen that right side. If it's not working then Chee-Kam might be a better option at right centre.

Absolutely agree that Robbie has to get rid of the ball early or at least play straight. If not Ballin or Cherry are waiting in the wings.

Re: Teddy, there were plenty of times last year where teams were shutting our attack down by marking Teddy out of the game. We were too predictable. Two positives I took from the 9s were that Kev & Simona seem to be up for a big year so hopefully that will give our 1/2s more options. Also the added pace of Hunt/Rankin/Addo-Carr on the left wing will I believe keep the opposition in 2 minds giving us more options on the left & hopefully allow Timmy more space.

The D word is quickly becoming a dirty word! If we don't get this right nothing else matters. Just hope that all the reports of defence training during the offseason are true & effective!

Only 26 more sleeps now!!! :)

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 7:16 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I got 3 things out of the 9's:

Chee-Kam will handle Right Centre if we choose to go down the defensive path.

Ado-Carr is bloody fast but is a way off NRL defensively.

Lamar doesnt look good and may never make it at NRL level.
I agree with this. Really disapointed in Lamar, I know he is young and it was only a trial but the kid has loads of talent and just doesn't seem to be producing. Fingers crossed he realises how good he could be and puts in the extras and becomes the player we hope he would be.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Demps » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 9:57 pm

1. Tedesco

2. Hunt
3. Naiqama
4. Simona
5. Noafaluma

6. Moses
7. Brooks

13. Sue
12. Sironen
11. Lawrence
10. Woods
9. Farah
8. Grant

14. Edwards
15. Chee Kam
16. Cherrington
17. Ava
No room for Ballin or Halatau?
Ipswich lads, Aloiai, Parahi?
We really have some options this year...

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Demps » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:00 pm

1. Tedesco

3. Naiqama
4. Simona
5. Nofo

6. Moses
7. Brooks

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Grant

13. Sue

14. Seumanafagai

Pretty much open for the taking...

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:12 pm

11. lawrence
12. sironen
17. cherrington

not yet 100% on sue at lock or grant starting. sue could be the prop come rd 1 i reckon.
certainties too.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 4:38 am

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Chee Kam
4. Simona
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Edwards
11. Lawrence
12. Halatau
13. Sue

14. Seumanufagai
15. Graham
16. Griffin
17. Cherrington

I know, reduced interchange and all, but every one of our props are capable of big minutes - throw Sue in the mix too - so I think we just roll through the middle and Cherrington can bring the spark. Cheeky and Nofo aren't an exceptional pairing but the former should be defensively capable and Nofo is good under the high ball, so we shouldn't leak points down that edge with Halatau or Lawrence guarding the half. Nofo's an exceptional finisher too so any space that Chee Kam does create he would make the most of.
Naiqama under the high ball is a worry for me, but if that's the only option we leave the opposition then we can do our best to control it. Again, he's a good finisher and has a bit of toe, so he'd thrive outside Timmy and he can definitely hold his own defensively.
Lawrence and Halatau can be excellent defenders and both run a good line, so they're great two way players. Sirro has to start in NSW Cup for me until he learns to use his size and skill to full effect. I'd like to see Tatola and Felise get a run up a grade so we shouldn't be too short on pigs.
Edwards is basically Galloway 2.0 but with a bit more defensive firepower (not necessarily ability) and a bit less go forward, but starting with Woodsy they should easily manage 10m a run between them with the skipper picking up a bit of slack. Sue is just a machine and is only going to get better as the season goes on.
I think Ava, Dallas and Rod give us a nice variety off the bench depending on how the game is going; Ava has a bit of extra size, Graham with the motor and Griffin with the skill. It's no Pritchard/Kasiano/Eastwood but I think it's a good mix for us with the cattle we've got.
Cherrington can come off the bench when it opens up/to try and open it up and add another attacking dimension, but if he's struggling with the contact or the game just doesn't call for it then Robbie can go straight back out.

Obviously it's not the flashiest side, but it should go a long way to helping us win the battle upfront and give our halves some room to work with. With Teddy and Simona we've got two players who are almost guaranteed to beat the first man each time they touch the ball. Lawrence and Halatau aren't huge but their lines command attention, and I think it would provide the best environment for our young halves to learn how to play NRL, which needs to happen sooner or later.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 6:31 am

VanillaThunder wrote:1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Chee Kam
4. Simona
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Edwards
11. Lawrence
12. Halatau
13. Sue

14. Seumanufagai
15. Graham
16. Griffin
17. Cherrington

I know, reduced interchange and all, but every one of our props are capable of big minutes - throw Sue in the mix too - so I think we just roll through the middle and Cherrington can bring the spark. Cheeky and Nofo aren't an exceptional pairing but the former should be defensively capable and Nofo is good under the high ball, so we shouldn't leak points down that edge with Halatau or Lawrence guarding the half. Nofo's an exceptional finisher too so any space that Chee Kam does create he would make the most of.
Naiqama under the high ball is a worry for me, but if that's the only option we leave the opposition then we can do our best to control it. Again, he's a good finisher and has a bit of toe, so he'd thrive outside Timmy and he can definitely hold his own defensively.
Lawrence and Halatau can be excellent defenders and both run a good line, so they're great two way players. Sirro has to start in NSW Cup for me until he learns to use his size and skill to full effect. I'd like to see Tatola and Felise get a run up a grade so we shouldn't be too short on pigs.
Edwards is basically Galloway 2.0 but with a bit more defensive firepower (not necessarily ability) and a bit less go forward, but starting with Woodsy they should easily manage 10m a run between them with the skipper picking up a bit of slack. Sue is just a machine and is only going to get better as the season goes on.
I think Ava, Dallas and Rod give us a nice variety off the bench depending on how the game is going; Ava has a bit of extra size, Graham with the motor and Griffin with the skill. It's no Pritchard/Kasiano/Eastwood but I think it's a good mix for us with the cattle we've got.
Cherrington can come off the bench when it opens up/to try and open it up and add another attacking dimension, but if he's struggling with the contact or the game just doesn't call for it then Robbie can go straight back out.

Obviously it's not the flashiest side, but it should go a long way to helping us win the battle upfront and give our halves some room to work with. With Teddy and Simona we've got two players who are almost guaranteed to beat the first man each time they touch the ball. Lawrence and Halatau aren't huge but their lines command attention, and I think it would provide the best environment for our young halves to learn how to play NRL, which needs to happen sooner or later.
If the Qld boys get to the right level of fitness, then this bench would be solid. Halatau was good for our young guys last year. Hopefully he's back and ready to go for round two. Sirro will be there for round 1. Also hoping Chee Kam is in the 17, I like his size and energy. I've picked Cherrington on the bench as well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Return to “Season 2016 [Off-season, pre-season, trials]”