Your top 17, Season 2016

User avatar
greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: Your top 17, Season 2016

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:53 pm

Also good to have Edwards waiting in the wings as a lock/prop option.


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:15 am

what's our prop rotation?

woods/grant starting then who's with ava off the bench?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 6:56 am

Top 17
Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Naquiama
SImona
Rankin
Moses
Brooks
Sue
SIronen
Lawrence
Woods
Farah
Grant

Cherrington
Seumanufagai
Edwards
Chee-Kam / Lovett

However for Round 1
Little John in for Brooks
Lovett to start off the bench not chee-kam as Lovett looked dynamic last night
Aloaia to start in Edwards spot for the bench given Edwards injury

On the wing I think Rankin has it at this stage but JAC has a big future once he improves his defence a little

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1364
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 7:40 am

Who is a better player Josh Aloaia or Chee-Kam?
Who would get more fantasy points?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Chipofftheoldblock
Member
Member
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:07 am
Location: London

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 7:50 am

After last nights performance i would go with this team for round 1 baring Brooks who is suspended:

Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Naquiama
SImona
Rankin
Moses
LittleJohn (in place of Brooks)
Sue
Sirro
Lawrence
Woods
Farah
Grant

Cherrington
Seumanufagai
Aloaia
Chee-Kam

I link Lovett played okay last night but Chee-Kam offers more.
I would love for Griffin to be included but he didnt even get a run last night with Chee-Kam and Cassell ahead of him. It would of been good to give Sue a break and play Griffin for the last 10min.


User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1364
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:07 am

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:After last nights performance i would go with this team for round 1 baring Brooks who is suspended:

Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Naquiama
SImona
Rankin
Moses
LittleJohn (in place of Brooks)
Sue
Sirro
Lawrence
Woods
Farah
Grant

Cherrington
Seumanufagai
Aloaia
Chee-Kam

I link Lovett played okay last night but Chee-Kam offers more.
I would love for Griffin to be included but he didnt even get a run last night with Chee-Kam and Cassell ahead of him. It would of been good to give Sue a break and play Griffin for the last 10min.
I reckon JT was resting Griffin for round 1.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25572
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:14 am

You don't get rested for Round one....rested from what?
You want game time and match fitness under your belt

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:22 am

All the talk about the 2 QLD cup boys. Just remember that as good as they seemed Ipswich played Manly in a trial last night and with the Ipswich boys having every reason to impress playing against first graders they got blown off the park 58-0.

So when you look at Griffin and Madness from last year don't forget that was reserve grade and it is a big jump even from the best reserve grade to NRL

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5147
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:33 am

Boonboon2 wrote:All the talk about the 2 QLD cup boys. Just remember that as good as they seemed Ipswich played Manly in a trial last night and with the Ipswich boys having every reason to impress playing against first graders they got blown off the park 58-0.

So when you look at Griffin and Madness from last year don't forget that was reserve grade and it is a big jump even from the best reserve grade to NRL
Disagree to an extent, that ipswich side that won the final last year is no longer existant, how many players from last year are still there?

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25572
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:38 am

Yeh.... Hype v reality
Reality usually wins
Maybe the Walker bros unique footy is only suited against average defence and reserve grade

galea#11
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by galea#11 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:39 am

but individually madness can slot straight into 1st grade and could see him coming up with some x factor big hits big contact which we have been missing instead of a standard forwards on the bench . he had good tempo which could help big time

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2748
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:27 am

Boonboon2 wrote:All the talk about the 2 QLD cup boys. Just remember that as good as they seemed Ipswich played Manly in a trial last night and with the Ipswich boys having every reason to impress playing against first graders they got blown off the park 58-0.

So when you look at Griffin and Madness from last year don't forget that was reserve grade and it is a big jump even from the best reserve grade to NRL
Though don't forget Ipwich have been ravaged by the NRL scouts. Lost Griffin & McConnachie to us, Parcell to Manly, Anderson to the Broncos & Cleeland and another to the Sharks. I would suggest that the NRL picked up the best of the side.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:34 am

Harvey wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:All the talk about the 2 QLD cup boys. Just remember that as good as they seemed Ipswich played Manly in a trial last night and with the Ipswich boys having every reason to impress playing against first graders they got blown off the park 58-0.

So when you look at Griffin and Madness from last year don't forget that was reserve grade and it is a big jump even from the best reserve grade to NRL
Though don't forget Ipwich have been ravaged by the NRL scouts. Lost Griffin & McConnachie to us, Parcell to Manly, Anderson to the Broncos & Cleeland and another to the Sharks. I would suggest that the NRL picked up the best of the side.
Yeah the Walker brothers should be proud that they've helped give that many players a real shot at making it in the NRL. It's pretty amazing to see that many players get picked up out of a single State Cup team. At the start of last season if I'd thought that would have happened to any team it would have been Townsville who had quite a few on their roster that had been there or thereabouts for years. The Walkers are definitely effective at coaching their particular brand of football and having the players engage with it. While the style may not work at NRL level they must have some solid coaching ability to get the players engaged and working together. I'd love to see them get a shot (although maybe not with us...)

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5504
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:03 pm

JJ Felise will play first grade this year. They need to lock this guy up quick smart.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5147
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:40 pm

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluama
3. Kevin Naiqama
4. Tim Simona
5. Jordan Rankin

6. Mitchell Moses
7. Jack Littlejohn (brooks round 2)

8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Jesse Sue

14. Josh Alolai
15. Manaia Cherrington
16. Ava Seamunafangi
17. Michael Chee Kam

If Farahs form is crap and Ballin is still out i would go with Carr on the wing, Manaia starts with Rankin on the bench

Tiger Tim
Member
Member
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue 26 May, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 2:09 pm

Milky wrote:1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluama
3. Kevin Naiqama
4. Tim Simona
5. Jordan Rankin

6. Mitchell Moses
7. Jack Littlejohn (brooks round 2)

8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Jesse Sue

14. Josh Alolai
15. Manaia Cherrington
16. Ava Seamunafangi
17. Michael Chee Kam

If Farahs form is crap and Ballin is still out i would go with Carr on the wing, Manaia starts with Rankin on the bench
Milky, I think your right on the money. This is the team i would have but have a strange feeling Taylor is going to go for lovett over Chee Kam.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:04 pm

It would be madness to leave MCK out of the 17, he is a real athlete,but the bonus he can play football. It also has to be remembered he is only a kid and is going to get a lot better

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25572
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:06 pm

supercoach wrote:It would be madness to leave MCK out of the 17, he is a real athlete,but the bonus he can play football. It also has to be remembered he is only a kid and is going to get a lot better
Has he played NRL at all yet?
He looked ok the little I saw last night of him... Very solid

Post Reply
cron