NRL Nines ***LIVE GAME THREAD...

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Re: NRL Nines ***LIVE GAME THREAD...

Post by Sabre » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:20 am

Adamtiger1 wrote:Addo-Carr was impressive today, but he needs Nsw cup experience against full grown men. He maybe dangerous when in space but he can't defend and doesn't look physically strong. He'd cost more points then he'd create.

I thought Buchanan had went decent and looked promising (we said that last year at the 9's though). I'm excited to see sue this year within our pack, he looked stronger and fitter, as did Simona niquama and I think hunt and Chee Kam will be a great buys for us, they were both more then solid.

I hope Littlejon applies pressure to brooks and Moses he is looking a lot more improved then last year and a decent kicking game.

Our defense wasn't the best the boys looked like they wanted to use their shoulder in tackles today and tried to hit hard which is a good change.
Still too many errors though !!

Milone is a mess and who was our #18?
#18 was Heleta.
He's copped a hammering today, mostly for that pass and deservedly so.
But he was good in the limited chances he got yesterday and is generally far better than he has been this weekend.


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7091
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:23 am

I would not judge anyone on a game of nines, lets wait till we play a trial or two

doublesonthemain
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed 23 Dec, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by doublesonthemain » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:24 am

Addo-Carr is fast which is great but if he is to play wing can he make the kind of hit-ups needed to help the forwards? Can Hunt do that better? Can't tell from a Nines game or two. Addo-Carr certainly will get better so that's a plus. The trials I think will give a better indication. And writing off Heleta and Milone after about 25 minutes of Nines footy, and in Milone's case 2 NRL games, is ridiculous. Will they both be top notch NRL players? No but they might improve to the point that they can cut it when needed. And they will improve, whether it is enough to get to that level remains to be seen. I'm looking forward to the trials now and seeing how guys like Rankin and McConnachie go as well as the established players. The last trial will give us a good indication probably what the team for rd 1 will look like. And that game against the Warriors will be a beauty.

Adamtiger1
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue 01 Dec, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by Adamtiger1 » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:36 am

Sabre wrote:
Adamtiger1 wrote:Addo-Carr was impressive today, but he needs Nsw cup experience against full grown men. He maybe dangerous when in space but he can't defend and doesn't look physically strong. He'd cost more points then he'd create.

I thought Buchanan had went decent and looked promising (we said that last year at the 9's though). I'm excited to see sue this year within our pack, he looked stronger and fitter, as did Simona niquama and I think hunt and Chee Kam will be a great buys for us, they were both more then solid.

I hope Littlejon applies pressure to brooks and Moses he is looking a lot more improved then last year and a decent kicking game.

Our defense wasn't the best the boys looked like they wanted to use their shoulder in tackles today and tried to hit hard which is a good change.
Still too many errors though !!

Milone is a mess and who was our #18?
#18 was Heleta.
He's copped a hammering today, mostly for that pass and deservedly so.
But he was good in the limited chances he got yesterday and is generally far better than he has been this weekend.
Cheers for confirming guys. Agreed he had some decent moments and some shockers this tournament, I think he put a massive hit in defense today aswell.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9693
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:38 am

doublesonthemain wrote:Addo-Carr is fast which is great but if he is to play wing can he make the kind of hit-ups needed to help the forwards? Can Hunt do that better? Can't tell from a Nines game or two. Addo-Carr certainly will get better so that's a plus. The trials I think will give a better indication. And writing off Heleta and Milone after about 25 minutes of Nines footy, and in Milone's case 2 NRL games, is ridiculous. Will they both be top notch NRL players? No but they might improve to the point that they can cut it when needed. And they will improve, whether it is enough to get to that level remains to be seen. I'm looking forward to the trials now and seeing how guys like Rankin and McConnachie go as well as the established players. The last trial will give us a good indication probably what the team for rd 1 will look like. And that game against the Warriors will be a beauty.
I agree about Heleta but I've seen enough of Milone in lower grades to suggest he's not really NRL standard. I see Hunt as being in front for first grade at this stage but trials could a factor.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40853
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:38 am

tigermac88 wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
We are lolling them into a false sense of security Sabre (and I mean lolling , not lulling )
Isn't Milone the next Steve Renouf..?
Didn't some Nuffie on this forum say that Milone was the next big thing ?
Yeh, Mrs.Milone
No some nuffie said that "BASED ON WHAT HE HAD SEEN IN NYC GAMES"

Now he has seen some more he was obviously wrong

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:41 am

Dane Chisolm has been around for a long time and played for a lot of clubs.
He was with us for a while....

I heard doggies like him for first grade this year.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:42 am

happy tiger wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Isn't Milone the next Steve Renouf..?
Didn't some Nuffie on this forum say that Milone was the next big thing ?
Yeh, Mrs.Milone
No some nuffie said that "BASED ON WHAT HE HAD SEEN IN NYC GAMES"

Now he has seen some more he was obviously wrong
:mrgreen:


:mrgreen:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40853
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:43 am

So the referee (Perenara ) stops the clock and a couple of seconds later the hooter goes

Then referee says "I can't do anything once the hooter goes "

But you stopped the clock , the hooter shouldn't go :brick:

And the NRL can't understand why fans just throw their arms up in the air in bewilderment :shock:

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:45 am

Heleta came up with some great one on one hits during the tournament. I disagree with criticism of him. He is a 13 a side type blockbuster centre who hits hard. His pass to Kev was poor, but remember he's a left Centre trying to convert to the right to get an NRL opportunity. That catch and pass will improve with some more experience on the right side. He should be the first centre picked in State Cup to put pressure on Kev, who was great again.

Add Carr is by far our most dangerous winger in space but falls short defensively and I worry would struggle in traffic.

Griffin showed great ability to create second phase play so Taylor didn't play him again...joke.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29374
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:48 am

happy tiger wrote:So the referee (Perenara ) stops the clock and a couple of seconds later the hooter goes

Then referee says "I can't do anything once the hooter goes "

But you stopped the clock , the hooter shouldn't go :brick:

And the NRL can't understand why fans just throw their arms up in the air in bewilderment :shock:
Not only that Horsehead failed to penalise Levi on the last tackle which allowed the Knights to die with the ball instead of a kick or turnover....Buchanan would have gone the length into the bonus zone to advance us to the quarters...but NO...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

tigers05
Member
Member
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun 25 Oct, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by tigers05 » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:49 am

From what I've seen at the nines I think we are in for another long season. I couldn't careless if its nines trials or comp games you expect to see the basics done well and in that regard we not up to standard.
Way to many errors for any format of the game.
Maybe my expectations are too high.............

Carefactor
Member
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Carefactor » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:51 am

jirskyr wrote:
tiger45 wrote:We got what we deserved picking this rubbish team rubbish coach taylor is clueless we bought players on gumtree for 10 dollars plus postage people some people on here have us scraping in eight lol with 5 6 decent first graders and these clowns around them lol no hope we looked like a team of gumtree players with a gumtree coach lol awful great start pathetic
Give it a rest mate, you've only got 54 posts total and a dozenof those are negative tirades this morning about a touch footy comp.

Penrith have come to win this, that is a seriously good side and full of first-choice players.

Our team is full of mugs, what did anyone expect? Most of these guys won't even be in the running for Rd 1.

What I will say of Addo-Carr, he is reportedly fast but I am only seeing that it might happen in open straight space, not in traffic, and his hands so far are woeful.

Tim Simona was classy, Sue strong and Griffin showed purpose in traffic. There's no point taking negatives out of this tournament. We got to the quarters last year and ran 2nd last in the real comp, it has little bearing.

Although whoever does win it tomorrow will win the comp next year, we are 2/2 so far.

Oh so we need a big post count now before we can have an opinion ?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40853
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:53 am

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:So the referee (Perenara ) stops the clock and a couple of seconds later the hooter goes

Then referee says "I can't do anything once the hooter goes "

But you stopped the clock , the hooter shouldn't go :brick:

And the NRL can't understand why fans just throw their arms up in the air in bewilderment :shock:
Not only that Horsehead failed to penalise Levi on the last tackle which allowed the Knights to die with the ball instead of a kick or turnover....Buchanan would have gone the length into the bonus zone to advance us to the quarters...but NO...
Totally agree and Buchanan chance to win the Dally M is probably gone as well

Demps you need to dump the hatred for Luke Burt and start toilet papering Levi's house

Geo has a pallet of Wests Tigers dunny paper he will send down

He is now the Wests Tigers Forum Knights player we hate the most

Do us proud Demps :sign:

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:56 am

Carefactor wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
tiger45 wrote:We got what we deserved picking this rubbish team rubbish coach taylor is clueless we bought players on gumtree for 10 dollars plus postage people some people on here have us scraping in eight lol with 5 6 decent first graders and these clowns around them lol no hope we looked like a team of gumtree players with a gumtree coach lol awful great start pathetic
Give it a rest mate, you've only got 54 posts total and a dozenof those are negative tirades this morning about a touch footy comp.

Penrith have come to win this, that is a seriously good side and full of first-choice players.

Our team is full of mugs, what did anyone expect? Most of these guys won't even be in the running for Rd 1.

What I will say of Addo-Carr, he is reportedly fast but I am only seeing that it might happen in open straight space, not in traffic, and his hands so far are woeful.

Tim Simona was classy, Sue strong and Griffin showed purpose in traffic. There's no point taking negatives out of this tournament. We got to the quarters last year and ran 2nd last in the real comp, it has little bearing.

Although whoever does win it tomorrow will win the comp next year, we are 2/2 so far.

Oh so we need a big post count now before we can have an opinion ?
The point that Jirskyr was making wasn't about how many posts Tiger45 has made (or anyone for that matter) but about the percentage of them that are outright negative and contribute nothing to discussion.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 10:56 am

I never really see Levi around...

I think he's jealous of our Cherrington though.
They're essential the Kiwi's future #9 prospects and they've made it clear they want Cherri for the job.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40853
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 11:00 am

Demps wrote:I never really see Levi around...

I think he's jealous of our Cherrington though.
They're essential the Kiwi's future #9 prospects and they've made it clear they want Cherri for the job.
Mate you can't back down from this

You need to find him and take your dog for a walk past his place , letting you dog take as many Henry the 3rd's it can

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 11:02 am

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if he lives in an apartment that he shares with 2 or 3 other bros.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply