NRL Nines ***LIVE GAME THREAD...

Cultured Bogan

Re: NRL Nines ***LIVE GAME THREAD...

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 1:24 pm

magpiecol wrote:
innsaneink wrote:If you think theres only about half a dozen teams that are serious in this, then surely it makes sense for us to be serious too...its not like we win a helluva lot when every other team is serious, we'd be something of a chance at the big $$$ if only a handful giving it their all, and we could use the dosh

Pick our best players for this mickey mouse format?

This forum would go into meltdown.
If only half a dozen sides are serious about it, that should see us finish up, oooooo I dunno, roundabout 7th place?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 1:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Also listening to that Kiwi commentator Stephen McIvor, he pronounces ever islander name differently to what I've heard over here. We had Sauaso "Su-eh", Watson "Hell-eta", Jordan "Rarp'nar" and I can't even remember how he said Seumanufangai, except I recognised the player before the name. He pronounces these names with an expedited authority - is he legit, or is he just making these ones up?
Ive heard the same from - Im guessing polynesian commentators pronouncing polynesian names, its sometimes completely different to the aussie ( and incorrect Im guessing) interpretation we get accustomed to
It's weird though, because I remember when Ava came to grade and they made a song and dance on TV about the correct pronunciation, in typical Rabs and Gus borderline-racist way, but I would have expected after actually asking "how do you say this name" they'd be somewhere right. Because all Aussie commentators now say "seeyou-munnafanai"... and possibly that is not right.

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 1:37 pm

Snake wrote:Addo-Carr showed me 2 things today he has heaps of speed and the more important fact was he knuckled down after the first performance which was poor and improved each game a positive ..defence ? high ball ? On Griffin the coach has showed once again he has favourites and will select them over form ,Griffin created second phase play in just the limited time on the paddock but Taylor prefers probable the poorest forward in the NRL Buchanan ..Griffin could of been injured IMO Talyor will be gone mid season. The younger players seem talented enough but again the head space is just not there another coaching issue.
So, within 3 games of 18 minutes, in a competition that maybe a few teams take seriously (i.e. send a decent squad) you were able to ascertain that Jason Taylor has altered the brain chemistry of some of the Wests Tiger's younger players. Fair enough. Based on the fact that he has used the off season to study Neurochemistry to assist in his dastardly plan to destroy our club, I believe he should be sacked immediately, without delay.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 3:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
innsaneink wrote:If you think theres only about half a dozen teams that are serious in this, then surely it makes sense for us to be serious too...its not like we win a helluva lot when every other team is serious, we'd be something of a chance at the big $$$ if only a handful giving it their all, and we could use the dosh

Yeah.
Safer to just make up the numbers, its what we do best

So you are in favour in picking mostly our first grade side??

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that you would be in the minority.

Before you ask our fans, just ask the Manly fans what they think.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:04 pm

magpiecol wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Yeah.
Safer to just make up the numbers, its what we do best

So you are in favour in picking mostly our first grade side??

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that you would be in the minority.

Before you ask our fans, just ask the Manly fans what they think.
Should we ask Roosters fans what they think of pre season training after losing Boyd Cordner to a pec injury for 6 months

You can lose players to any sort of injury at any given time

How many Tigers players have been injured so far during the pre season ?? 3 , 4

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:44 pm

Nothing more pathetic than not having a go

I dont give a crap if the forum melts down and i dont give a crap about being in an alleged minority (in cols brain only)

We arent good enough to pick and choose what we are going to have a go at, this soft mentality will not change the loser culture in this club, and supporting this attitude is just as defeatist - loser mentality

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:You can lose players to any sort of injury at any given time

You could get injured in the first round or in round 25. You can't not play can you.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:49 pm

Oooooohhhh...they might get hurt, so dont play footy

Hey Mr butcher man, dont cut that steak, you might nick your finger
Oi...sparkie....stop work, electricity is lethal, and deadly
If I was a carpenter, I should become an accountant because a power saw may lop my left hand off

Pffft

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:Nothing more pathetic than not having a go

I dont give a crap if the forum melts down and i dont give a crap about being in an alleged minority (in cols brain only)

We arent good enough to pick and choose what we are going to have a go at, this soft mentality will not change the loser culture in this club, and supporting this attitude is just as defeatist - loser mentality
As I said earlier the Cowboys brought their entire FG squad bar Thurston and Scott who is still recovering from neck surgery

And brought their gun juniors as well

If its good enough for the Premiers to do it .......

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:52 pm

As I keep saying , if you make it something that the clubs can't not resist trying to win , we will get better involvement from all sides

Which should make it a better tournament all round

Win / Win for the fans and bigger sponsorship $$$$$'s

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 5:56 pm

The 9's is just about the only silverware we are a chance of winning at the moment .
Send Brooks , Moses , Tedesco and take the trophy & the prize money .
At least we'd get some positive press for once and a boost in confidence !
I agree with the majority , they live , breath and eat footy and they're payed well to play .
Resting players due to risk of injury is soft IMO .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 6:45 pm

Not sure if anyone watched Addo-carr's interview on the nrl site after our 3rd game. He casually mentioned that the squad went into the tournament with "no real game plan". JT also mentioned in a pre-9s presser that "like last year we didn't work too much on this". That's the most disappointing thing for me. If the coaching staff aren't motivated enough to at least work on s game plan than how can we expect the players to be pumped up about it. No wonder they always take min 1 game to get into it.

Don't get me wrong if our sole focus was to prep for the real stuff & we actually kill it this year then I couldn't care less about the 9s as I'm sure most of the forum would agree. But as some have already said I'd love to see our boys competitive in every format.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 6:48 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Nothing more pathetic than not having a go

As I said earlier the Cowboys brought their entire FG squad bar Thurston and Scott who is still recovering from neck surgery

And brought their gun juniors as well

If its good enough for the Premiers to do it .......
I have to agree with ink .

After much thought.......

The message it sends to the fans from the Club is we need to cotton wool players such as Tedesco , Moses , Brooks , Woods , Farah , Grant cause any risk of injuries to these players would be fundamental to our side being remotely competitive .
Like someone said during the " LIVE THREAD " over the Weekend.....you wanna charge our fans $160.00 for a 9's Jersey and send that side over ? that is Burglary .

We can say it was a Mickey Mouse Comp and all the rest :blah :blah :blah but apart from Simona , Sue , Ava , Griffin and Cherrington we were represented by a laughing stock and if any of the players are 1st Grade standard at any other Club in the NRL ? Then i'm seriously bad judge.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 6:54 pm

If we happen to get off to a good start, no one will remember the Nines.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 9:52 pm

Farah was in the states for the super bowl....
He wouldn't of made a difference anyway, there is no 30k a game incentive involved.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 11:03 pm

stevetiger wrote:

You could get injured in the first round or in round 25. You can't not play can you.
Wasn't Tedesco off for quite a few weeks two years ago due to an injured he suffered in the Nines?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 11:06 pm

Newtown wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

Wasn't Tedesco off for quite a few weeks two years ago due to an injured he suffered in the Nines?
Sironen was Newtown

Don't think Tedesco was

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 11:37 pm

Manly are paying the price for the nines now.
I said to a fellow worker and Manly supporter that they had a great 17, but if they suffered and injuries they would struggle.
It is good to spend all your cap money on a great side, but if you don't have back-up players you are Stuffed.