Nines 3,2,1

Goose

Re: Nines 3,2,1

Post by Goose » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 6:53 pm

Hard to judge isn't it.

I thought Simona was good. Lots of others were pretty good at times.

Kev Naquama does so many stupid things it annoys me.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 6:57 pm

3. Sue
2. Simona
1. Naiqama

Honourable Mentions..Littlejohn Hunt Chee-Kam Griffin...

Naughty Cnr Maxwell, The Lady In-Goal touchie (spec-savers)
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 7:14 pm

Demps wrote:Cherrington had 1 good game out of 3, he misses out for me.

3. Littlejohn
2. Naiqama
1. Simona

FAILURES: Heleta, Drinkwater, Milone.

Rod Griffin wasn't utilised much?
+1 for me.

I was impressed with Ado and his ability to not get his head down and give up. The kid is a goer and will be a talent outside Teddy playing down the flank in attack.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 7:19 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Demps wrote:Cherrington had 1 good game out of 3, he misses out for me.

3. Littlejohn
2. Naiqama
1. Simona

FAILURES: Heleta, Drinkwater, Milone.

Rod Griffin wasn't utilised much?
+1 for me.

I was impressed with Ado and his ability to not get his head down and give up. The kid is a goer and will be a talent outside Teddy playing down the flank in attack.
Addo Carr also seemed to spend a bit of time just floating around in the centre of ruck

With his speed he could create havoc with a bit of second phase and take some heat of Tedesco

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 7:25 pm

3. Naiqama - I thought he was our most involved and dangerous player over the 3 games.
2. Simona - when he got the ball he was awesome. He just didn't get enough chances.
1. Sue - high involvement.

Littlejohn was good. Griffin was good but only had 1 game. Addo Carr looks like he could be dangerous. I'd play him in first grade because if he gets some space he will go really well. Assuming he is outside of Simona he will get plenty of chances.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 07 Feb, 2016 11:03 pm

I like ado carr. Exciting and fast.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 12:01 am

3. Simona
2. Naqaima
1. Littlejohn

Couldn't fault Addo-Carr's attitude. Couldn't do anything right in the first 2, but he kept trying & did well in the last. Give him time to learn his trade in NSW cup & he'll be unstoppable in 1sts.

Really thought Sue was strong in defence. Hope he makes the #13 jumper his own.

What I saw of Chee-Kam & Griffin they looked good. Hopefully they get more chances in the trials to impress & push for a spot in the 17.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 12:07 am

Kevin
Simona
Sue

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 7:48 am

Spartan117 wrote:I like ado carr. Exciting and fast.
Shame he can't play, lol
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 8:41 am

I remember seeing a skinny tall young indigenous boy a few years ago come down from the bush who could run pretty fast and ended up playing for his country. I should not make comparison the kids got a very hard journey ahead of him, but he has that "Black Flash" look about him to me.

Speed is such a massive weapon especially when you have creative blokes around him.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 8:49 am

Goose wrote:Hard to judge isn't it.

Naiqama...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:10 am

supercoach wrote:
I remember seeing a skinny tall young indigenous boy a few years ago come down from the bush who could run pretty fast and ended up playing for his country. I should not make comparison the kids got a very hard journey ahead of him, but he has that "Black Flash" look about him to me.

Speed is such a massive weapon especially when you have creative blokes around him.
John "chicka" Ferguson was similar although he didn't play for Australia. He was one of the best wingers to play for Newtown and finished up playing for Canberra helping that team defeat Balmain in extra time in the 1989 grand final. Speed is certainly an asset and with the right determination, coaching and development Carr can well make it to first grade.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:17 am

It is hard as no-one had great tournament, it's filtering the good, above average, average and poor players.

Good: Simona, Naiqama, Chee Kam, Sue
Above Average: Cherrington, Ado Carr, Littlejohn, Griffin
Average: Lovett, Ava, Drinkwater, Hunt
Poor: Milone, Buchanan, Liolevave, Heleta

N/A: Lawrence, Cassel

I like that Ado Carr kept trying even though he was having a shocker in the first game. Easy to get your head down but he kept putting his hand up for another go. That's a good sign.

Chee Kam was excellent defensively and decent in attack. We wouldn't have beaten the Cows if not for his last second tackle.

Cherrington looked like he'd never played with most of these guys before. Was on a completely different wave length - for better or worse.

Heleta and Liolevave both only played about 2 mins all up, but they both made crucial errors in the 3rd game which cost us any chance of winning- as did the ludicrously deep restart by Littlejohn (?).

Milone justified his selection in the WTF category. Not at all suited to the 9s.

We picked far too many plodders and not enough impact players. Going one out hit ups with Lovett and Buchanan is not a good game-plan in 9's. The rookies looked incredibly nervous and there was no leadership on the field. But then we didn't train or really give a stuff about this tournament and it showed in the squad selection and the performances on the pitch.
Last edited by Balmain Boy on Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:28 am

I liked what I saw of Chee Kam's running game. Looks like a player that might be able to create mismatches 1 on 1.

Sue looked good- no doubt.

Not at all surprised Simona & Kevin looked good. They are clearly the best centre combination we have.

Ava is not suited to that style of game.

Was impressed with Littlejohn from a number of standpoints- looked a good link player, bigger than I expected, and his defence was solid.

I'll reserve judgement on Addo-Carr until we see more 13 vs 13. Speed is great, so long as he doesn't cost a team with errors. An exciting looking prospect though.

Would have liked more Griffin & less Buchanan/Ava in this form of the game.

The others were unremarkable. Didn't think Cherrington did much- but then, I'm not sure dummy half play is all that key in this format.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:31 am

Tigermama wrote:
Goose wrote:Hard to judge isn't it.

Naiqama...
Thanks, I had no idea who he meant.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:38 am

Kev Naiqama is a mixed bag.

On one hand he does silly things in defense, and despite his "Speed" seems to get run down by plodders.

On the other hand he busts tackles, punches well above his size for strength, and showed an incredible amount of skill in standing up Antonio Widderstein with about 1/2 a metre to play with.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:47 am

The thing with Addo-Carr, yes he has speed, he might have been the quickest player in the entire tournament, but he needs more than that. Take away his speed and you seen a kid who was very green and needs a lot of work. No way you can start him come round 1.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 10:54 am

underdog wrote:Kev Naiqama is a mixed bag.

On one hand he does silly things in defense, and despite his "Speed" seems to get run down by plodders.

On the other hand he busts tackles, punches well above his size for strength, and showed an incredible amount of skill in standing up Antonio Widderstein with about 1/2 a metre to play with.
Like a taller Utai?
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...