Tim Grant/Luke Brooks

tigger2010

Tim Grant/Luke Brooks

Post by tigger2010 » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 7:14 pm

Just wanted to ask anyone that was at the tigers/storm trial how did Tim Grant go both in attack and defence,also how many minutes did he play and fitness wise where is he at......Also in regards to Brooks and moses kicking games....does anyone have any info on how much they have been working on this at training,and if there will be much change in tactics to last years bomb and chase which became too predictable..

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 7:19 pm

Grant played the first 15 and that was it iirc. He was damaging ball in hand but fell off one tackle badly and got up buggered and that was all I saw of him.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 8:26 pm

Moses & Brookes were both patient & structured & the kicking game was good for the conditions(swirling wind) Grant played well in attack on & off the ball but was lost in defence a couple of times(this will improve with Teddy's talk from the back)

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 8:28 pm

Sounds like Grant may be starting from the bench

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 8:32 pm

i heard brooks looked quite big. looked solid in the vids too

i think he'll put a bit of a stamp this year and get his name in their for city/country, back up for origin in 2017 - that kind of thing
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 9:42 pm

pHyR3 wrote:i heard brooks looked quite big. looked solid in the vids too

i think he'll put a bit of a stamp this year and get his name in their for city/country, back up for origin in 2017 - that kind of thing
Be just our luck,Brooks will make that big step from rookie to seasoned pro and he will get snapped up by another club. Fingers crossed Iam just being negative,but we are not far off being a strong club for a long period and would hate to have our home grown talent snatched by a mercenery club. I hope both Moses and Brooks show plenty of loyalty,they have been paid well over the odds in their rookie years and we have let talented players like Austen and Te Martin go in order to accomodate them. Time will tell but we are going to be under the pump to keep them and if one goes....the floodgates might open

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:37 pm

The b grade Storm pack handled Grant with ease, and made him look second rate in defence imo. As for Brooks and the kicking looked like last season to me, but it's too early to call after half a game..

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:49 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves concerning Brooksy pHyR3... It was a trial game and he only played 40 mins of it.
Hope your right though. ;)

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:51 pm

where are the video links??? can someone please share...????

Thx

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 11:09 pm

Spartan117 wrote:where are the video links??? can someone please share...????

Thx
It's posted in the Team thread,,,but here you go just for you..

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... s_nrl.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 6:37 pm

Tigermama wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves concerning Brooksy pHyR3... It was a trial game and he only played 40 mins of it.
Hope your right though. ;)
haha very true

but im not basing any of that on the 40minutes. im basing it on where i think he is as a player and how he is likely to mature in 2016-17. the trial only confirmed what i already thought ;) :supporter:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 8:42 pm

Grant didnt run over the 3rd graders playing in front of him, and would be my biggest concern whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Luke came on when the game was in favor of Melbourne and looked sharp. The boys around him were really mobile and this gave him time.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 10:47 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Grant didnt run over the 3rd graders playing in front of him, and would be my biggest concern whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Luke came on when the game was in favor of Melbourne and looked sharp. The boys around him were really mobile and this gave him time.
Yeh i dont see Grant as a starter at all. He's a big body with experience that will help our middle period where we struggled last year when Taylor replaced Woods.

Sue is the animal we need starting up front
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:58 pm

Reports are that the Dogs are after Luke Brooks?????

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 2:14 pm

By reports you mean people on Facebook quoting The Lurker?

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 3:36 pm

Yossarian wrote:By reports you mean people on Facebook quoting The Lurker?
As good as signed....................................ok not a very reliable source but hey he has to get the occasional rumour right!! Let's hope the rumour is unfounded as Luke stays with the Tigers.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:10 pm

TopTiger wrote:
As good as signed....................................ok not a very reliable source but hey he has to get the occasional rumour right!! Let's hope the rumour is unfounded as Luke stays with the Tigers.
Luke just interviewed on FSN..asked about the Bulldog rumour to which he replied I have no Idea I leave that stuff up to my manager...added that he is very happy at the Wests Tigers....the dumb will take that as confirmation that he's gooooooorne...

My opinion is he will stay...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
TopTiger wrote:
Luke just interviewed on FSN..asked about the Bulldog rumour to which he replied I have no Idea I leave that stuff up to my manager...added that he is very happy at the Wests Tigers....the dumb will take that as confirmation that he's gooooooorne...

My opinion is he will stay...
Agree, Teddy will remind him what he did to stay and play with his mates.