Top 10 Fantasy Smokeys of 2016

Demps

Top 10 Fantasy Smokeys of 2016

Post by Demps » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 1:31 pm

Click this link for the article:
http://www.zerotackle.com/top-10-fantas ... ogdG3lA.97

Guy picks two of our players - Joel Edwards & Michael Che-Kam, but WOW!!! He slams us hard in both breakdowns;

Joel Edwards

I want to tell you that Joel Edwards is going to be a smokey this year, but when you have the all-seeing, all-knowing Crystal Steeden™ it’s not so much a prediction as it is just stating a fact.

I foresee the Tigers reshuffling their team each week in an attempt to find a winning combination, trialling various forwards in the starting pack. By round 8, Big Red will find himself consistently in the starting 13, and with the new interchange rules, looking to score forward tries each and every week.

Edwards was always threatening to crack the starting team in Canberra and Newcastle, but there always seemed to be some slightly better talent just ahead of him. Now he is at the talentless Tigers, the fans will hail him as the second coming of Big Keefy.

Michael Chee Kam

The one time Raiders backrow prodigy has slid into rugby league obscurity over the last few years after leaving Canberra for the Tigers via Manly. After playing Australian schoolboys in 2010, and making the NYC Team of the Year in 2012, Michael had the world at his feet. But the transition from NYC to NRL did not come easy for Michael.

Why should I pick a bloke who has played five NRL games over the past three seasons I hear you ask? Michael is playing for arguably the worst, most dysfunctional club in history. The Tigers backrow is as light on as an anorexic in space. Curtis Sironen is overrated and will miss three quarters of the season. Chris Lawrence… enough said. Dene Halatau only plays because no one of any decent quality has stepped up. That leaves Brendan Santi, Kyle Lovett and Joel Edwards as the other backrowers likely to get a look in, two of which (Santi and Edwards) are garbage and will struggle in NSW Cup.

Will Michael Chee Kam start? No. Should you draft Michael Chee Kam? No. In all seriousness, if the Tigers have an injury or two in the backrow, which is likely given their starting back row, Chee Kam will be a good pickup from the spud pool post draft. He is a hard runner, but doesn’t shirk defensive responsibilities. And given the Tigers will be playing for nothing this year, and MCK only has a one year contract, he will be looking to impress.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 2:43 pm

in the first one he says edwards will be starting in most games then in the MCK topic he says edwards will be struggling in NSW cup? is it the same writer?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 2:51 pm

He mentions Santi, hasn't he left the Tigers? Certainly contradicts himself regarding Edwards if it is the same writer!!

Joe's Tigers

Post by Joe's Tigers » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:05 pm

The guy is a complete wanker and is unprofessional. He has an agenda against the Tigers. He praises other players from other clubs but slams ours.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:16 pm

i like the way this guru writes....

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:26 pm

This is teamist.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:28 pm

I didn't know Alien played fantasy football

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:38 pm

It's not Alien, it's far too literate for his ability.

Unless he has a ghost writer.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:46 pm

He goes pretty hard on the knights in the Mullen bit.
Calls em a terrible team.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:48 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:It's not Alien, it's far too literate for his ability.

Unless he has a ghost writer.
True. Fantasies where he can attract women are probably more his speed.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:50 pm

This guy edited the article and took out the bit about Santi & Edwards being garbage
#Unbeatable

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 3:57 pm

In all seriousness though, outside our bubble, this is how the club is perceived by a large majority. It comes with the territory when you're one of the weakest teams in the comp, you're a walking punchline. This time last yr Saints were a laughing stock. 12 months later they're treated with a lot more respect. One decent yr, and us as a laughing stock will be a memory. The public have memories like goldfish.

everett

Post by everett » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 8:31 pm

remember today's headline is tomorrow's garbage wrapper.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Agree with other posts that other fans believe we are rubbish and have a very weak roster and can not attract big name players without paying well overs.

Proof is in the pudding.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 11:54 pm

Stick this on the dressing room wall

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 5:27 am

Demps wrote:Click this link for the article:
http://www.zerotackle.com/top-10-fantas ... ogdG3lA.97

Guy picks two of our players - Joel Edwards & Michael Che-Kam, but WOW!!! He slams us hard in both breakdowns;

Joel Edwards

I want to tell you that Joel Edwards is going to be a smokey this year, but when you have the all-seeing, all-knowing Crystal Steeden™ it’s not so much a prediction as it is just stating a fact.

I foresee the Tigers reshuffling their team each week in an attempt to find a winning combination, trialling various forwards in the starting pack. By round 8, Big Red will find himself consistently in the starting 13, and with the new interchange rules, looking to score forward tries each and every week.

Edwards was always threatening to crack the starting team in Canberra and Newcastle, but there always seemed to be some slightly better talent just ahead of him. Now he is at the talentless Tigers, the fans will hail him as the second coming of Big Keefy.

Michael Chee Kam

The one time Raiders backrow prodigy has slid into rugby league obscurity over the last few years after leaving Canberra for the Tigers via Manly. After playing Australian schoolboys in 2010, and making the NYC Team of the Year in 2012, Michael had the world at his feet. But the transition from NYC to NRL did not come easy for Michael.

Why should I pick a bloke who has played five NRL games over the past three seasons I hear you ask? Michael is playing for arguably the worst, most dysfunctional club in history. The Tigers backrow is as light on as an anorexic in space. Curtis Sironen is overrated and will miss three quarters of the season. Chris Lawrence… enough said. Dene Halatau only plays because no one of any decent quality has stepped up. That leaves Brendan Santi, Kyle Lovett and Joel Edwards as the other backrowers likely to get a look in, two of which (Santi and Edwards) are garbage and will struggle in NSW Cup.

Will Michael Chee Kam start? No. Should you draft Michael Chee Kam? No. In all seriousness, if the Tigers have an injury or two in the backrow, which is likely given their starting back row, Chee Kam will be a good pickup from the spud pool post draft. He is a hard runner, but doesn’t shirk defensive responsibilities. And given the Tigers will be playing for nothing this year, and MCK only has a one year contract, he will be looking to impress.

Like Mac says stick it on the Dressing room......the guy is a son of @##@ , this would get me so worked up before i hit the field.....before we run out this Article should be reminded just how we are Perceived .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 4:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:In all seriousness though, outside our bubble, this is how the club is perceived by a large majority. It comes with the territory when you're one of the weakest teams in the comp, you're a walking punchline. This time last yr Saints were a laughing stock. 12 months later they're treated with a lot more respect. One decent yr, and us as a laughing stock will be a memory. The public have memories like goldfish.
It's quite shocking how poorly we are perceived at times.

Hasn't been that way for quite a number of years.

Hopefully it is used as a motivator to prove critics wrong.

A merged entity was never going to be easy. Losers who jump on a successful club just because they're guaranteed to buy their way to a premiership every few years have no clue what makes a good club. All too easy for them to bag the less successful entities.

Not that we shouldn't be doing better.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 1:30 am

He's not far off the mark though if your honest with how our team looks compared to the contenders.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 8:42 am

TIGER wrote:He's not far off the mark though if your honest with how our team looks compared to the contenders.
Our spine has the potential of being the best in the comp this year imo. And if they fire, as we've seen across the NRL, the rest of the side gets made to look better by them. I think we have the nuts and bolts of a great team right now but it really rests on the shoulders of the 6 and 7 more than anything. We need them to rise.