Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Sharks

Tigermama

Re: Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Sharks

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 5:27 pm

Russell wrote:
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Sironen shall be replaced by Aloiai, and than fight for his position, Aloiai offers so much more. Lawrence must be also on notice, Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave should be given a chance.
IMHO, Sue has finally arrived, his leg drive pushes him another 5 m after the tackle, lock shall be his position, as we have enough props.

:sign:
Did you actually watch the game?

Have no idea what you expect from Rowdy then if you have him on notice.
Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave are nowhere near as good at this stage - maybe next year but not now.

Loved what Aloiai did whilst he was on - a lot different to playing more minutes which I don't think he is capable of at this stage. Siro is the whipping boy at the moment so I understand people loving to say "I told you so", "have been saying this for years" etc. I thought he went ok - not brilliant but ok.
I want to see some " Brilliance" not the same old, same old " Ok". stuff Russ... He needs to pick up his act or get replaced.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 5:28 pm

ricksen wrote:Pretty concerning performance IMO. Nice to score a few tries, but conceding 30 points (and could and probably should have been more) is a massive worry, trial or not.
Once again we gave up yards through the middle at will too, which was a huge issue last season.
For all JT's chat about emphasis on defence, I'm not seeing any improvement.
Interesting how we see games differently. I came away pretty pleased with what I saw. I thought the Sharks were very sharp, Ennis and their halves fast speed in attack especially in attacking zone looked good but our guys defended ok except for the last try before half-time which was a little soft I thought. I don't want to harp on about the Sharks but a lot of their guys are good with the ball in their hands, Lewis, Graham, Fifita can all play a bit of footy and all have plenty of experience, how many games between them now? 600 or so, not sure. And Ennis was terrific with his work from dummy half, gave the halves plenty of time and his other options, they look a real good team. Noticed his speed off the line, and Lewis and Graham was great early on but we coped well I thought, forwards made some pretty good metres. Actually thought both teams attack was quite up tempo, some really good footy played for a trial. And I came away from the game thinking both teams will be very hard to beat in rd 1. The Tigers looked as fit as I've seen them look, Woodsy looks great. We did let 30 points in but given the standard of play from the opposition I wasn't too worried afterwards. I would've been had we dropped our bundle but we didn't, there is a belief there that we can play good footy and that's a great thing, long may it continue.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 6:06 pm

Snake wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:Moses kicked 2 goals and rankin kicked 1... But you're right the goal kicking was not great
Yet a few people on here fail to see that poor goalkicking will bite us in the arse at critical times this season and in all probability cost us a few games.
Do not worry it was a common theme in the grand stand No kicker!
Someone on here stated that Moses is a better goalkicker than Pat and Hodgo combined....we have yet to see proof that he is anywhere near as good as either of them. Its a big concern IMO. Hope that someone can step up for us and consistently slot them or we are effectively playing with 1hand (or leg), tied behind our back.

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 120 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 6:18 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Russell wrote:
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Sironen shall be replaced by Aloiai, and than fight for his position, Aloiai offers so much more. Lawrence must be also on notice, Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave should be given a chance.
IMHO, Sue has finally arrived, his leg drive pushes him another 5 m after the tackle, lock shall be his position, as we have enough props.

Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave are nowhere near as good at this stage - maybe next year but not now.

Loved what Aloiai did whilst he was on - a lot different to playing more minutes which I don't think he is capable of at this stage. Siro is the whipping boy at the moment so I understand people loving to say "I told you so", "have been saying this for years" etc. I thought he went ok - not brilliant but ok.
I want to see some " Brilliance" not the same old, same old " Ok". stuff Russ... He needs to pick up his act or get replaced.
You need to chill a bit yourself (always telling me to do this) I want to see some brilliance as well - where are you going to get it from - name the brilliant replacement please?

You are always agreeing with other posters (whether positive or negative) but very seldom come up with viable solutions or in fact any solutions. LOL

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 6:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Russell wrote:

You need to chill a bit yourself (always telling me to do this) I want to see some brilliance as well - where are you going to get it from - name the brilliant replacement please?

You are always agreeing with other posters (whether positive or negative) but very seldom come up with viable solutions or in fact any solutions. LOL

Haha, dear Russ,of course i agree with some posts, if I'm of the same thinking. I also don't get defensive if someone has a different view point to mine. As for solutions... I leave that up to the coach. Like i said if Curtis doesn't start pulling his weight and having a proper dig, then i want to see him in State cup. Give a fresh player a go. JT can decide who that player might be. Okey dokey? 8-)
By the way, i only use the thumbs up, unlike you. :roll:

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 9:00 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Geeze, the Sharks are being talked as a top 4 proposition this year, certainly top 8...........we put 30 on them, 7 tries to 6, and we're the ones who should be concerned?
I don't think they'll make the 4 - be lucky to make the 8 IMO. Lot of old legs in that squad.

As for the chat on Sirro, we definitely need to see more from him - but even in indifferent form he's a walk up start for us, given the dearth of back row options we have. He's under contract for another two years, so he'd want to start performing if he wants decent $$ on his next deal.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 9:35 pm

ricksen wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:Geeze, the Sharks are being talked as a top 4 proposition this year, certainly top 8...........we put 30 on them, 7 tries to 6, and we're the ones who should be concerned?
I don't think they'll make the 4 - be lucky to make the 8 IMO. Lot of old legs in that squad.

As for the chat on Sirro, we definitely need to see more from him - but even in indifferent form he's a walk up start for us, given the dearth of back row options we have. He's under contract for another two years, so he'd want to start performing if he wants decent $$ on his next deal.
Two more years. :o

happy tiger
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:06 pm

Had a quick look through the thread and was wondering what crowd number we drew ??

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 343 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:Had a quick look through the thread and was wondering what crowd number we drew ??
18 224...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 244 times
Been liked: 190 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:19 pm

maybe 3000.....look at the highlies vid, a bit more on west side then on the eastern side

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:30 pm

I didn't see the game but from the highlights it seems Nofoaluma played well, how did the other wingers go Hunt and Rankin? I don't want to judge him on the highlights but Hunt looked like he dropped a bomb that led to a try and made a bad read which led to another try.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 7:42 am

Tiger Tim wrote:I didn't see the game but from the highlights it seems Nofoaluma played well, how did the other wingers go Hunt and Rankin? I don't want to judge him on the highlights but Hunt looked like he dropped a bomb that led to a try and made a bad read which led to another try.
They both did OK, nothing outstanding. It's difficult to know who might be best in that position over a sustained period of games. Of course Addo-Carr is in contention and then there's the option of moving Kevvy Naqaima to wing and putting Chee-Kam at centre as well. There are options so that's a good thing.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 8:47 am

doublesonthemain wrote:
Tiger Tim wrote:I didn't see the game but from the highlights it seems Nofoaluma played well, how did the other wingers go Hunt and Rankin? I don't want to judge him on the highlights but Hunt looked like he dropped a bomb that led to a try and made a bad read which led to another try.
They both did OK, nothing outstanding. It's difficult to know who might be best in that position over a sustained period of games. Of course Addo-Carr is in contention and then there's the option of moving Kevvy Naqaima to wing and putting Chee-Kam at centre as well. There are options so that's a good thing.

Rankin is a special for the vacant wing position, at least if Taylor still wants to keep Moses away from the kicking duties. Although he had Mitch taking the shots in the first half

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 7:14 pm

supercoach wrote:
doublesonthemain wrote:

Rankin is a special for the vacant wing position, at least if Taylor still wants to keep Moses away from the kicking duties. Although he had Mitch taking the shots in the first half
I get the impression Rankin is a smart player, reads the game well, and this is what might give him the advantage over the others, his kicking as well of course. If he is the preferred option then it'll be interesting to see how long he can hold down the spot given that circumstances are bound to change as the season progresses.

Return to “Season 2016 [Off-season, pre-season, trials]”