Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Sharks

foreveratiger

Re: Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Sharks

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:53 pm

Josh Aloiai is going to go places as i've said weeks ago . Come mid year he needs to have a Contract extension or we will lose a great gun , only here till end of next year .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:55 pm

We have too many good backrowers in the wings to have Siro blocking progress to first grade.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:58 pm

Robbie can't pass from the ground anymore and often his passes are high low or behind the 1st receiver...Cherrington puts it out in front 9/10..

Farah's dart and inside ball to Tedesco for Moses try was class though...

After he was replaced didn't see him come back out of the shed...Injury..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:02 pm

The worrying sign was a lack of speed in defence, which lead to metres being conceded. Sue was great, I thought Grant was good and sure he played much bigger minutes than any other frontrower out there. Nofo loos set for a big year & the backline movements generally looked smoth whenever there was any combination of Brooks, Moses or Littlejohn. Drinkwater is not up to 1st grade standard and truly should be a last resort. Hunt looks shaky under the kick, but Rankin was not really tested. I do not think that we have an 80 minute backrower & will need to carry one on the bench to give Lawrence and/or Sironen a breather.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:05 pm

MacDougall wrote:We have too many good backrowers in the wings to have Siro blocking progress to first grade.
So has Taylor the bottle to drop Siro ..I do not think Taylor has an option to be frank this is what top line coaches do ,the coaches job is on the line ..I would give Siro 4 games to turn it around if not he can trot down and see if there is a locker in the reserves shed!

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:09 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Josh Aloiai is going to go places as i've said weeks ago . Come mid year he needs to have a Contract extension or we will lose a great gun , only here till end of next year .
Agree 100%

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Siro was useless. Glad people are starting to see it now.
I've always said it from the start.....years ago .
We've been in the minority. Don't think we will be this yr. This yr is his waterloo, if he fails the club need to cut him loose. Maybe give his brother a go. He couldn't do any worse.
Gotta say, I'm sick of waiting for him to come good. A stint in state cup to wake him up, if that doesn't work then he's truly got nothing.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:15 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Josh Aloiai is going to go places as i've said weeks ago . Come mid year he needs to have a Contract extension or we will lose a great gun , only here till end of next year .
Agree 100%
Im not sure he's ready for firsts yet. He looked to be struggling a little with the pace when I noticed he was on... Understandably. He's keen though

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:20 pm

Geo. wrote:Robbie can't pass from the ground anymore and often his passes are high low or behind the 1st receiver...Cherrington puts it out in front 9/10..

Farah's dart and inside ball to Tedesco for Moses try was class though...

After he was replaced didn't see him come back out of the shed...Injury..?
I thought he sat next to today's whipping boy Curtis, in the comfort of our sideline seats.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
Agree 100%
Im not sure he's ready for firsts yet. He looked to be struggling a little with the pace when I noticed he was on... Understandably. He's keen though
I think he's worthy of a bench spot, he hasn't put a foot wrong so far and like you said he's keen which is what I love to see unlike some of our other backrowers

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
Agree 100%
Good for a short stint only at this stage, but looked to have the makings of a good middle man.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:
Agree 100%
Just needs a bit of time to adjust to the pace of 1st Grade no doubt but i'm sure he has the ingredients to be a hit for us .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:29 pm

supercoach wrote:Just back from the game, plenty to be pleased about and a few things that I still worry about. The team looked very well drilled and very constructive with the ball. players like Moses and Brooks are natural footballers.

We still look very shaky up the middle in defence. The sharks made plenty of yards by charging up the middle. In saying that the Sharks will be one of the better sides this year so it was a really good workout.

I was sitting in the eastern grandstand, was it Lovett who played back row in the second half on our left side. If so I thought he or who ever he was..was very impressive. Hard to find to many negative, but young Siro has to lift his work rate in both attack and defence, seems to wait till the game comes to him.

Not getting carried away but Taylor and his team seem to be getting it together
Lovett played most of the second half but as lock. Tyler Cassel was the left edge forward for the last 20 mins

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:35 pm

Brooks is different this year. He is composed, has time on his hands. When he came on he controlled our team. Very happy with this.
Aloiai is an animal in attack & defence.
Sue consistently carries defenders 5 metres after contact.
Grant played strong & for long minutes, has to start at prop with Woods.
Ava has plenty of strong carries in him & wont let the team down once starting props are off.
Noffzilla & Kev were dangerous in attack
Simona was good but had little opportunity
Lawrence was sound, never stopped working.
Teddy is our golden boy. He saved 3 tries & set up 2. We need to get him in space or at least 1:1 as much as possible.
The only disappointments for me were Siro & Hunt. Siro's missed tackle on Fafita was terrible & Hunt dropped a bomb that lead to a sharks try.
I'd say Rankin is preferred for left wing after tonight but Addo-Carr is looming in the background.

Overall the Sharks fielded a strong team tonight & we did well to stay with them. More importantly, when Brooks was on we controlled the game, and he did this with Teddy/Moses off the field. Don't get me wrong our defence/line-speed needs to improve but we look a lot more composed with all in hand.

Bring on the season proper!

P.S. Campbelltown stadium is a great place to watch footy!!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:10 am

greatodensraven wrote:Brooks is different this year. He is composed, has time on his hands. When he came on he controlled our team. Very happy with this.
Aloiai is an animal in attack & defence.
Sue consistently carries defenders 5 metres after contact.
Grant played strong & for long minutes, has to start at prop with Woods.
Ava has plenty of strong carries in him & wont let the team down once starting props are off.
Noffzilla & Kev were dangerous in attack
Simona was good but had little opportunity
Lawrence was sound, never stopped working.
Teddy is our golden boy. He saved 3 tries & set up 2. We need to get him in space or at least 1:1 as much as possible.
The only disappointments for me were Siro & Hunt. Siro's missed tackle on Fafita was terrible & Hunt dropped a bomb that lead to a sharks try.
I'd say Rankin is preferred for left wing after tonight but Addo-Carr is looming in the background.

Overall the Sharks fielded a strong team tonight & we did well to stay with them. More importantly, when Brooks was on we controlled the game, and he did this with Teddy/Moses off the field. Don't get me wrong our defence/line-speed needs to improve but we look a lot more composed with all in hand.

Bring on the season proper!

P.S. Campbelltown stadium is a great place to watch footy!!
With real beer in a can.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 5:02 am

missed the game unfortunately, early to bed for work this morning, but that was a good read.

There's a few positives there and we've got a few options for varying positions by the looks as well.

The major concern reading through this is the goal kicking.........the kicks that were missed though, were they difficult ones?

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 6:45 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Siro was useless. Glad people are starting to see it now.
I've always said it from the start.....years ago .
We've been in the minority. Don't think we will be this yr. This yr is his waterloo, if he fails the club need to cut him loose. Maybe give his brother a go. He couldn't do any worse.
Sorry I didn't see it and haven't really got the comments. He was hitting hard in defence, made some good runs including a really great run off cherrington and taking a couple of hard balls running off the props that come straight to mind. Unlike many he was playing his first game this week not his second.

He is a edge second rower, he isn't mean to chase into the middle to do work all night he is meant to be on the edge chopping people down and running off his halves. I thought he had a better year last year and looking forward to seeing him get better this year.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 7:08 am

Initially when I saw the Sharks side i thought to myself that is one decent team there putting out there.
I haven't seen the trial game but what it leaves me is with great hope that we are going to be at least competitive this year.
It sounds like there are a lot of positives to take out of the game . Worried about our defence and goal kicking it could let us down this year.

If Teddy, Moses, Brooks and Cherrington are allowed to play there style at times.......this spine will be our future success in years to come and won't be going anywhere.