Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Sharks

willow

Re: Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Sharks

Post by willow » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:06 pm

Sirro and Moses got caught out by Tagatese on the line. Good flat pass from Ennis, but the guys should have seen him coming that close to the line. Other than that blooper, I thought Sirro played ok, he was busy in defence from what I saw. He said after the game he had some work to do on his defensive game. I thought Rowdy was fine too. They'll all be better for the run.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:11 pm

I'm usually not phased by Sirro but I thought last night was a good performance from him. Did some good work in attack.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:49 pm

I haven't seen the game, so I can't judge, but was interested to note that Tele thought he was one of our better players.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 9ba302d9d5
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:56 pm

Stupid article, bird was terrible at the back

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:59 pm

southerntiger wrote: As a general observation, we are still playing too much inside out. The sweep play with Teddy became very predictable last year and we need runners coming outside in to create indecision in the defence.
I agree. Nofo's first try last night came from a lovely out-in line that Frozone took, Sharks all went to him and didn't defend the out pass.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:09 pm

Dear oh dear, Jack Bird was worst on ground
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:19 pm

The other thing I noticed last night that I haven't seen mentioned was the huge minutes Woods played. Especially for his first hit out for the year.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:24 pm

Snake wrote:
Russell wrote:
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Sironen shall be replaced by Aloiai, and than fight for his position, Aloiai offers so much more. Lawrence must be also on notice, Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave should be given a chance.
IMHO, Sue has finally arrived, his leg drive pushes him another 5 m after the tackle, lock shall be his position, as we have enough props.

:sign:
Did you actually watch the game?

Have no idea what you expect from Rowdy then if you have him on notice.
Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave are nowhere near as good at this stage - maybe next year but not now.

Loved what Aloiai did whilst he was on - a lot different to playing more minutes which I don't think he is capable of at this stage. Siro is the whipping boy at the moment so I understand people loving to say "I told you so", "have been saying this for years" etc. I thought he went ok - not brilliant but ok.
Your statement of not brilliant but ok is part of the problem at this club ....bad luck OK is not good enough you have to be Brilliant to be apart of this tigers team or it is see you latter there are now players in the lower grades hungry and waiting for the chance .The same goes for the coach being OK is not good enough put up or see you latter ...I have had a gut full of the mediocrity this club has dished up year after year it is now time for the hammer to be applied to everybody at the club ,the team has to step up and be taken seriously not the joke of the league.
OK in my book gives him a pass. where as OK in your book obviously means mediocrity.

Get rid of Siro by all means - you are obviously the ruler of who is good and who is not. That is ok. All I ask is that you put in someone better.

At this stage of the game imo there is no one brilliant to fill that spot, unless you move Sue to back row and then you have someone who is not brilliant in the front row. Pick the brilliant player at the moment from this list who is better than Curtis.
Lovett
Aloiai
Liolevave
Griffin
Edwards
Chee-Kam
Parahi
Cassel
Sironen, Bayley
Halatau (utility)

Yeah! good luck with that. It is a case of picking the least mediocre imo.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:49 pm

Russell wrote:
Snake wrote:
Russell wrote:
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Sironen shall be replaced by Aloiai, and than fight for his position, Aloiai offers so much more. Lawrence must be also on notice, Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave should be given a chance.
IMHO, Sue has finally arrived, his leg drive pushes him another 5 m after the tackle, lock shall be his position, as we have enough props.

:sign:
Did you actually watch the game?

Have no idea what you expect from Rowdy then if you have him on notice.
Chee-Kam, McConnachie and Liolevave are nowhere near as good at this stage - maybe next year but not now.

Loved what Aloiai did whilst he was on - a lot different to playing more minutes which I don't think he is capable of at this stage. Siro is the whipping boy at the moment so I understand people loving to say "I told you so", "have been saying this for years" etc. I thought he went ok - not brilliant but ok.
Your statement of not brilliant but ok is part of the problem at this club ....bad luck OK is not good enough you have to be Brilliant to be apart of this tigers team or it is see you latter there are now players in the lower grades hungry and waiting for the chance .The same goes for the coach being OK is not good enough put up or see you latter ...I have had a gut full of the mediocrity this club has dished up year after year it is now time for the hammer to be applied to everybody at the club ,the team has to step up and be taken seriously not the joke of the league.
OK in my book gives him a pass. where as OK in your book obviously means mediocrity.

Get rid of Siro by all means - you are obviously the ruler of who is good and who is not. That is ok. All I ask is that you put in someone better.

At this stage of the game imo there is no one brilliant to fill that spot, unless you move Sue to back row and then you have someone who is not brilliant in the front row. Pick the brilliant player at the moment from this list who is better than Curtis.
Lovett
Aloiai
Liolevave
Griffin
Edwards
Chee-Kam
Parahi
Cassel
Sironen, Bayley
Halatau (utility)

Yeah! good luck with that. It is a case of picking the least mediocre imo.
Aloiai................close mate is a Parra Season ticket holder and late last year he said to me you have pinched a Gem of us in Aloiai and sent me a highlight clip of him. Mate has a good eye for talent .
Edwards...................when match fit and if his given the minutes on the field ? he is easily better than Sirro.
Halatau...............even he would do a better job , not many tackles goes through this bloke.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 2:05 pm

FT you have picked 3 players from the back rowers list.

Aloiai - I also think this guy good be anything - is he brilliant now - imo not

Edwards - you are correct he is not match fit - hard to be brilliant if you are not match fit.

Halatau - love him to bits - brilliant in 2016 imo not.

We are looking for a brilliant player for round 1 - Snake is tired of mediocrity and wants a BRILLIANT player.

At this stage you have only named 3 mediocre players - don't think they would make Snake happy FT.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 2:36 pm

Pretty concerning performance IMO. Nice to score a few tries, but conceding 30 points (and could and probably should have been more) is a massive worry, trial or not.
Once again we gave up yards through the middle at will too, which was a huge issue last season.
For all JT's chat about emphasis on defence, I'm not seeing any improvement.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 2:42 pm

ricksen wrote:Pretty concerning performance IMO. Nice to score a few tries, but conceding 30 points (and could and probably should have been more) is a massive worry, trial or not.
Once again we gave up yards through the middle at will too, which was a huge issue last season.
For all JT's chat about emphasis on defence, I'm not seeing any improvement.
Defence has been a problem for the whole of the JV's history. Three different coaches, yet this side continues to have a soft underbelly.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 4:17 pm

Geeze, the Sharks are being talked as a top 4 proposition this year, certainly top 8...........we put 30 on them, 7 tries to 6, and we're the ones who should be concerned?

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 4:34 pm

Masterton wrote:I haven't seen the game, so I can't judge, but was interested to note that Tele thought he was one of our better players.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 9ba302d9d5
It's sad how bad RL journos are these days. Go on the sharks forum and see what they thought of bird. Majority say he was their worst player on the field.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 4:38 pm

Sharks first try should have at worst been a double knock on as Holmes knocked it forward.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 4:44 pm

I am keen to see how Parahi goes with a few games under his belt. Big motor, bit of size and speed. He could be a real smokey.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 5:09 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Curtis Sironen is a protected Species and should be out of here , his Surname is what saves his arse.

Lazy player alright . A stint in Reserve Grade is what he needs to get the Complacency out of his game.
Totally agree FT. Hasn't impressed me much, since he came into first grade. When does his contract run out?

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 5:11 pm

MacDougall wrote:We have too many good backrowers in the wings to have Siro blocking progress to first grade.
Spot on Mac.