Our first goal for 2016 needs to be.....

GNR4LIFE

Our first goal for 2016 needs to be.....

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 4:26 pm

Ridding ourselves of being the joke of the competition. As it stands, to opposition supporters we're a walking punchline, no one takes us seriously. And with good reason if you are being honest.

The first step to reclaiming pride and credibility this yr is shedding ourselves of these stigma's. We can take heart from the Dragons. This time last yr they were the joke of the league, no one rated them. But they over achieved and finished in the 8. 12 months later and they have a lot more credibility going into this season. I think our side this yr is just as good as they were last yr, there's no reason why if everyone is getting along we can't be this yr's surprise packet.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 4:49 pm

Do you think everyones getting along?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 4:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:Do you think everyones getting along?
No, but I can dream.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 4:57 pm

Well Tedesco just came out and blatantly bagged Taylor's tactics last year so I am not sure how good morale has been in the camp. However he did go on to say everyone is on the same page a bit more this year and they are looking forward to playing a different style of football.

Still though a loss or two in a row and the media will be trying their best to dig our grave (although were pretty good at that ourselves)

We just have to come out and win games. Even close losses won't really be enough over time. We need to win more then we lose, it sounds simple but we know its not. Taylor and the team actually hae a chance to get some real accolades, because most people consider us a joke and a cetainty for the bottom 3. So a half decent season and people will be looking with raised eye brows.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 5:03 pm

Need to start with beating the Warriors at Campbelltown. Consider this forum, we're the first to talk the Tigers up after a win - Oh look, they did this great and they did that well and we'll win next week for sure...

And then there's the flipside when they lose and people spit the dummy on here and go into meltdown, blaming the coach, blaming the players etc.

Winning games brings the fans out and shuts the critics up, because how can anything go wrong when a team is winning?

Let's start with winning round 1, that will get things off on the right foot.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 5:55 pm

The team needs to be level headed. If they get an early lead they should not go into their shells and concentrate on protecting their lead. Attack is often the best defence.

If the other team is well in front in the early stages of a match we must not panic. The team needs to concentrate on what they practiced during their training sessions and stick to their in it in their quest to claw back in front.

The team needs a good captain who will keep his player's minds on the job for the full 80 minutes. Woods is our captain this year and he is well respected by his players. Let's hope he turns out to be a great captain.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 6:04 pm

We have a new captain who will pull the team in the one direction rather than split the team in opposite directions. If there is any sign of dissent coming from a player Taylor must drop that player to state cup. Rather that player spread his dissent through State Cup than through first grade.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 7:57 am

The key to the start of the season will be if they have learnt from the defensive structures from last year....complete your sets,hold the ball and shore up the middle...if they do this then there could be many wins during the season ....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 7:59 am

It appears so Ink,however the Devil wears many disguises....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 8:13 am

Can only be a first up win, but consistency would be my general goal which would gain us much needed respect. Winning at home, particularly our traditional grounds is also a very important goal for mine.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 8:19 am

willow wrote:Need to start with beating the Warriors at Campbelltown. Consider this forum, we're the first to talk the Tigers up after a win - Oh look, they did this great and they did that well and we'll win next week for sure...

And then there's the flipside when they lose and people spit the dummy on here and go into meltdown, blaming the coach, blaming the players etc.

Winning games brings the fans out and shuts the critics up, because how can anything go wrong when a team is winning?

Let's start with winning round 1, that will get things off on the right foot.
Yep 100% agree, winning footy games is what we need to do to turn this thing around.